Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

MFD display "mirror-imaged"

I encountered a rarely situation, a cockpit MFD display (where the radar image is displayed too , when enabled) is "reversed" (as in a mirror image). Practically, instead of seeing on the MFD display,  the same radar image I see in the upper right window (when playing on NORMAL level), I see its mirror-imaged, which obviously is wrong and weird, in the same time. Is there any fix for that please ? Thank you.

Edited by UllyB

A screen shot would help. I've never seen a mirrored image and I use pop-up Radar, pop-up RWR and HUDs.

Thanks for the pic. I use pop-up radar screens all the time, especially on aircraft like the F-105 Thud where the cockpit radar screen is way down low between your legs, and I have never seen this effect you are experiencing.

Which version of the radar is the correct one? I would imagine the pop-up version. The radar is showing a group of small dots, which is the airfield, and which you can clearly see on the right of the landscape. The pop-up shows them on the right, so must be correct.

The radar in the Cockpit is therefore at fault, and needs a cockpit-building expert to identify how to fix it. I suppose that's what you mean by "mesh is the culprit"

I did some further digging, it seems it's more complex than a wrong placed mesh. It has to do with map coordinates database which the model takes into account in order to display correct the world. I don't have the source files of the plane and even if I did I lack the skill to correct the problem, so I have to wait for its creator's answer.

This is my F-105D Thud  (Late).

As you see from my first pic, I have tilted down to see both cockpit Radar and Pop-up Radar. Everything matching as should.

The second pic is how I normally fly. Since the cockpit Radar is out of sight, the pop-up is essential.

If the F-105D did not have the RWR, I would have a pop-up RWR located above the pop-up Radar

F105 DOWN.jpg

F105 AHEAD.jpg

I understand what you are saying, but that has nothing to do, unfortunately, with my issue. I want to corect the issue, not just to look at the correct radar picture. If it was just that, I would've not posted about the issue, would I ? :)

But, still, it gave me an idea: what if I move the popup radar image ...OVER the wrong one ? By the way where are the coordinates for the popup radar image placed ? In which folder/file ?

Edited by UllyB

Okay, sorry to have upset you, snowflake. Just confirming how it should look.

Edited by alexis99
spelling

read my post above please, I edited. (refresh the page to see the whole text changed)

Is this one , in HUDdata.ini ?

[Display004]
DisplayType=RADAR
PosX=0.865
PosY=0.015
Width=0.125
Height=0.16666667
Alpha=0.60
InitTime=2.0

UPDATE

I thought about it...it's of no use even if I move it, because the command is GENERAL and it would be for all the planes...

Edited by UllyB

Yes, exactly, that's what I was going on to show you, in my next post. We were both posting at the same time, but my post took longer because of adding pictures. So I was responding to your earlier post, not the one you posted whilst I was typing.

The trick is to resize the pop-up and place it exactly over the cockpit version. Use Alpha=1.0 to make it opaque.

I have a set of folders, specifically named for individual aircraft. Each one has a different HUD_DATA.ini. Whichever Aircraft I decide to fly, I copy out the file and let it overwrite the current one.

The only real drawback is the cockpit bobbing at certain flight speeds.

• Thanks 1

well I solved it in the end, I talked to YEYEYE, the author of the cockpit and he gave me the cockpit files reworked. he said  he had them for a long time but forgot to update the model. So all was well in the end. Thank you for support.