Hi all gents,

I've some noob question.

I'll know if the community have the skin for VF-21 F-4J as this one.I searched in the forum but look like if isn't covered in our skin library.

Also,I'm searching for two ECM pods,specifically the AN/ALQ-167 for F-14s and A-6s,as the one in my mods look like a ALQ-184 ( I've it installed in both the F-14 Super Pack V130 and the ODS Campaign) and the ALQ-164. I know that the latter is present in the superb Yakarov new AV-8Bs,but my ODS installation crash with the new Harrier installed unfortunately,so I've to soldier with the old one...

Finally,I've bought and installed the YAP F-100F and worked well;the only isuue with this mod is related to the load out:I can load anything trough the normal briefing screen,but otherwise the AI plane,when I play with another aircraft,have empty pylons.Any solution?

Thanks all in advance.

Edited by RustyKurnass

1 hour ago, RustyKurnass said:

Finally,I've bought and installed the YAP F-100F and worked well;the only isuue with this mod is related to the load out:I can load anything trough the normal briefing screen,but otherwise the AI plane,when I play with another aircraft,have empty pylons.Any solution?

honestly...ask YAP. you paid for it so demand working product. Unless an error is on your side - like weapon names conflict etc...

as for ALQ...

5 min mod...alq164.rar

but you need to do skin on your own...

For the loadout

- check the syntax, maybe something is missing (even a missing letter could bring disaster)

- check in plane's data.ini (some of the last sections) the weapons section and see on each  hardpoint if there is the weapon class you wish to see for your plane

- check there , too if is the correct date for it (you may take a look into weapon editor to check data for a weapon also)

- make sure in data.ini that the plane's country is correct (Ex if you have a plane which fly for Soviets, it can't harbor USA/NATO weapons)

- make sure that the weapon you want to see on your plane's wing, in case that is a foreign one, it is validated by the export parameter (it must be ON) for that weapon (weapons editor will show you that)

- even if the export parameter is ON, check if for the country you fly for the plane is checked (You may have a USA weapon , exported for UK let's say, but you have on your wing just NATO. In this case you check in weapons editor NATO, too)

Edited by UllyB

Thanks guys for the immediate response!

Yakarov many thanks for the pod!

UllyB thanks for the head-ups,but I think that respect your indicated points all is correct,I checked many times all.Using the briefing screen I can upload any USAF weapons present in the game inventory,but pratically the combination of weapons in the loadout.ini are as invisibles,even the "specific" F-100 fuel tanks...

My only idea is that,if I remember correctely,YAP mods was designed for the SF1 series and maybe this will cause this particular issue.

F-100F is designed for SF1 and the loadout ini is setup for SF1/YAP weapons, you'll need to mess around with the aircraft data ini and loadout ini to get stuff to show, not a big job really.

2 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

Thanks guys for the immediate response!

Yakarov many thanks for the pod!

UllyB thanks for the head-ups,but I think that respect your indicated points all is correct,I checked many times all.Using the briefing screen I can upload any USAF weapons present in the game inventory,but pratically the combination of weapons in the loadout.ini are as invisibles,even the "specific" F-100 fuel tanks...

My only idea is that,if I remember correctely,YAP mods was designed for the SF1 series and maybe this will cause this particular issue.

It could be these, too (I forgot to add)

- weapons you see in LOADOUT.INI must match the NAMES and the NUMBERS for the stations with the ones from the wings/fuselage /etc

- If it's about fuel tanks you wanna add, pay attention to their NAMES! Some of them appear to be very similar, but the game engin reads them as UNIQUE. Ex Tank_1500L_Supersonic vs Tank_1500LSupersonic. Their names have to match exactly the ones written for in the LOADOUT.ini file (check the loadout.ini file also to be sure the name is exactly the same).  If you have asymetric fule tanks  check also if the other tank model is present into your weapon folder (weapon's page in weapons editor it will tell you if it's asymetric or not). Sometimes it can happen even for similar wepons so pay attention.

- maybe in your wing hardpoint declaration there are limits to WEIGHT, LENGTH and DIAMETER. Most of the time this could be the cause (it's a good idea to compare what restrictions you have on each wing you want to see that weapon added with the weapon page in the weapon editor and compare both figures, maybe they are not the same. Ex maybe on your wing it says WEIGHTLIMIT=500 KG, but in weapon editor, to the very weapon you want to add, it says WEIGHTLIMIT=510 KG. if that is the case change one of them to match)

- IF you don't have the weapon model in your weapon pack, even if everything it's alright in syntax and set, it won't appear on your wing or it would be invisible (I don't remember which one is it)

- if you added new hardpoints to your wings (you wanted to make it carry extra loads) and they ARE NOT declared to the respective wings/fuselage sections (left/right), they will also won't appear (the game engine read every line in data.ini). Take a look:

[LeftWing]

SystemName[001]=AIM9StationL
SystemName[002]=AIM9StationLowerL
SystemName[003]=AIM7StationL
SystemName[004]=AIM54StationL
SystemName[005]=LeftMainGear
SystemName[006]=LeftFeedFuelCell

SystemName[007]=SparrowStation1 <-- new station added (you have to add/write down this line yourself

(pay attention the number order to be the one that follows, you can't put 008 after 006. When you are in a hurry/tired you could miss that or even delete a character)

[RightWing]

SystemName[001]=AIM9StationR
SystemName[002]=AIM9StationLowerR
SystemName[003]=AIM7StationR
SystemName[004]=AIM54StationR
SystemName[005]=RightMainGear
SystemName[006]=RightFeedFuelCell

SystemName[007]=SparrowStation2 <-- new station added (you have to add/write down this line yourself)

If you add new weapon but you are not sure you know how to do it, look first to the name of the NODE of the wing you want to add weapons to. That node name  will tell you in which section of wings/fuselage/etc you have to add the new lines for them. Keep that in mind.

Edited by UllyB

The ALQ-167 is included in the F-14 Super Pack under the Objects/Weapons folder, and is called out in the Loadout.ini(s) for the F-14 under the Recon sections

[Recon'82]
StartDefaultDate=1982
DefaultFor=RECON
Loadout[29].WeaponType=F14DDL
Loadout[29].Quantity=1
Loadout[30].WeaponType=ECA
Loadout[30].Quantity=1
Loadout[25].WeaponType=ALQ-167 <- Right Here
Loadout[25].Quantity=1
Loadout[26].WeaponType=TARPS
Loadout[26].Quantity=1
Loadout[13].WeaponType=AIM-9L
Loadout[13].Quantity=1
Loadout[14].WeaponType=AIM-9L
Loadout[14].Quantity=1
Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-7M
Loadout[01].Quantity=1
Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-7M
Loadout[02].Quantity=1
Loadout[17].WeaponType=Tank330_F14
Loadout[17].Quantity=1
Loadout[18].WeaponType=Tank330_F14
Loadout[18].Quantity=1

If you don't have it for some reason, try to copy and paste it again from the zip archive.

23 hours ago, Sundowner said:

F-100F is designed for SF1 and the loadout ini is setup for SF1/YAP weapons, you'll need to mess around with the aircraft data ini and loadout ini to get stuff to show, not a big job really.

Mate ,what I'd to do ?My modding skill are quite basic!

Yakarov,today I installed the pod;it worked properly (jamming),the pit MFD show the RWR simbology but externally the pylon is empty! In the data.ini of the plane I've added the EP as possible loadout.

At your zip of yesterday ,I've added the ini and data.ini from you new AV-8B.The content of the ALQ-164 folder in my ODS installation.Something wrog?

gXWORW.jpg

Caesar,I've the ALQ-167 in both my ODS and North Atlantic installatios,but what I mean originally is that don't look as a "Bullwinkle" pod will be,look at the screnshot ( please,don't mind the resolution quality,my PC is quite old...).

u2Xon8.jpg

Again thanks for the help guys!

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:33 PM, RustyKurnass said:

I'll know if the community have the skin for VF-21 F-4J as this one.I searched in the forum but look like if isn't covered in our skin library.

This is one I'm currently working on.

45 minutes ago, RustyKurnass said:

Yakarov,today I installed the pod;it worked properly (jamming),the pit MFD show the RWR simbology but externally the pylon is empty! In the data.ini of the plane I've added the EP as possible loadout.

At your zip of yesterday ,I've added the ini and data.ini from you new AV-8B.The content of the ALQ-164 folder in my ODS installation.Something wrog?

Did you add in data in file of weapon (ecm pod) model name lines ?

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=ALQ-164
FullName=AN/ALQ-164 ECM Pod
ModelName= HERE should be name of the lod. currently i don't remember how i named it ALQ-164 ?
Mass=159.000000
Diameter=0.405000
Length=3.500000

But of course, you are not using it with my latest Harrier.  As new one has pod built in the main model. 

That's great Aggie!

Ok,reinstalling the ALQ-167 solved the pod model.But look like if I misse the fwd left Phoenix pallett in the F-14APlus...

YZt5DI.jpg

..and bothe the missile palletts in the F-14A!

IQYUOg.jpg

Edited by RustyKurnass

1 minute ago, yakarov79 said:

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=ALQ-164
ModelName= HERE should be name of the lod. currently i don't remember how i named it ALQ-164 ?
Mass=159.000000
Diameter=0.405000
Length=3.500000

But of course, you are not using it with my latest Harrier.  As new one has pod built in the main model. 

I'll try tomorrow mate,thanks !

On 2/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, RustyKurnass said:

I know that the latter is present in the superb Yakarov new AV-8Bs,but my ODS installation crash with the new Harrier installed unfortunately,so I've to soldier with the old one...

Don't know why but maybe the problem is in graphics settings of your pc. you can try to resize skins. By default, I'm doing skins in 4096x4096 so the end user can resize to the desired resolution.

7 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=ALQ-164
Mass=159.000000
Diameter=0.405000
Length=3.500000

That's worked!

In the data.ini you supplied me in the zip the model name showed was ALQ-184 instead of 164!

Thanks a lot!

7 minutes ago, RustyKurnass said:

ALQ-184 instead of 164!

oh.

9 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Don't know why but maybe the problem is in graphics settings of your pc. you can try to resize skins. By default, I'm doing skins in 4096x4096 so the end user can resize to the desired resolution.

If I remember well,I tryed and resized at 1024x1024, but at end mission instead of the debriefing screen the game crashed.

I'll give it another chance,your mod is a .gem.

Also I build the VMA-231 skipper mount,"Shank 01", some time ago and i'll more than happy to play it ( as I done in my first attempt) !!!!

My model

HTMpcb.jpg

Edited by RustyKurnass
  • Like 1

RK,

So, I ran some tests.  In the basic package, all of the TARPS loadouts work (pic below for one of the F-14A+ loadouts).  What version are you running, and did you install all of the weapons?  It looks from your pictures like the ECA/EFA is probably missing on the A+, and I have no idea what's going on with that F-14A.  Could be the wrong pylon call-out, but again, I can't recreate the problem.

img00578.thumb.JPG.25598858a47b5cc2e30f84b2cd585722.JPG

5 hours ago, Caesar said:

RK,

So, I ran some tests.  In the basic package, all of the TARPS loadouts work (pic below for one of the F-14A+ loadouts).  What version are you running, and did you install all of the weapons?  It looks from your pictures like the ECA/EFA is probably missing on the A+, and I have no idea what's going on with that F-14A.  Could be the wrong pylon call-out, but again, I can't recreate the problem.

img00578.thumb.JPG.25598858a47b5cc2e30f84b2cd585722.JPG

caesar,

both plane versions are those already present in the ODS pack.

But I've downloade also the F-14 Pack 1.30 and installed in NA Exp Pack.I tested both the F-14a(87) and the F-14A+ ,as the F-14As in this installation are the stock ones,  and all run smoothly

EhHibs.jpg

On 2019/2/5 at 4:33 AM, RustyKurnass said:

Hi  RustyKurnass  Is this skin?VF-21_1.thumb.JPG.9e1881f5b91f4e3e72729999608f342f.JPGVF-21_2.thumb.JPG.b3ffd2e7f8a40f68ebc4f50849ec230d.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

caesar,

both plane versions are those already present in the ODS pack.

But I've downloade also the F-14 Pack 1.30 and installed in NA Exp Pack.I tested both the F-14a(87) and the F-14A+ ,as the F-14As in this installation are the stock ones,  and all run smoothly

EhHibs.jpg

OK, that's really helpful actually.  The ODS install might be missing some of the weapons or may have different call-outs for the loadout.  You might want to copy over the following folders into your ODS install from the F-14 SP zip archive:

ECA, ECAN, EFA, F14DDE, F14DDL, LBDD, RBDD, ALQ-167

These are the various countermeasure systems for the F-14 which are called out in the .inis (though it looks like you already copied over ALQ-167).  Try that and see if it works.  If not, I'll see what else I can come up with.

7 hours ago, MAKOTO said:

VF-21_2.thumb.JPG.b3ffd2e7f8a40f68ebc4f50849ec230d.JPG

I spy an A-3 Skywarrior.  Plz share where you got one!  This is awesome!

4 hours ago, Caesar said:

OK, that's really helpful actually.  The ODS install might be missing some of the weapons or may have different call-outs for the loadout.  You might want to copy over the following folders into your ODS install from the F-14 SP zip archive:

ECA, ECAN, EFA, F14DDE, F14DDL, LBDD, RBDD, ALQ-167

These are the various countermeasure systems for the F-14 which are called out in the .inis (though it looks like you already copied over ALQ-167).  Try that and see if it works.  If not, I'll see what else I can come up with.

Ok Caesar,found and added the folders in ODS but don't work,still without Phoenix pallets...

16 minutes ago, JosefK said:

I spy an A-3 Skywarrior.  Plz share where you got one!  This is awesome!

That looks like a YAP carrier, If so the A-3 is part of the carrier model, not a plane per se.

• Like 1