Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Need help with installing campaigns

So... I've had IL-2/IL-2 1946, etc. since their respective releases years back.

I've dabbled with the games and added self-installing payware addons but never got serious about setting this game up.

Now I've been trying to install a couple of AVG campaigns, Flying Tigers over Rangoon and over Burma by CzechTexan from the SAS and Mission4Today sites .

The install instructions say to install lines into my all.ini file and the maps into a Mapmods/Maps folder that doesn't exist.  So I created these folders but have no idea which/where all.ini file is or goes.

Also have no idea where the required planes, KI-48 and KI-51 go.

I get a CDT when the Burma campaign seems to load and an error msg about the map not loading when I try to load the Rangoon campaign.

Anyone have these campaigns up and running or know how/where to install all this?

I have been trying to install them into a clean install updated to 4.13.4.

Any help is appreciated,

Geary

From vague memories of my own wrestling with this sort of thing in the rather arcane world of IL-2 mods, it's the air.ini file that usually needs lines added to it, typically for aircraft.

There's some info on air.ini here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=23.0

I have DBW and CUP installs of IL-2 '46 and neither has the MODS folder described above. In my DBW install, the 'active' air.ini file is, I believe, the one in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/#DBW/STD/com/maddox/objects. I think this becomes active when I launch Il-2 via IL-2 Selector and click to accept the DBW mod, before Il-2 itself starts.

If all else fails, I think this is the best place to get advice: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,280.0.html

Thanks for the info.

I've been browsing SAS and Mission4Today when I get time.  It might be a while before I learn how the sites are set up and how to install mods, etc.  Might just have to contact the author of the AVG campaigns to see if he can help me get them running.

I spent a couple of days downloading and installing files for DBW and BAT.  BAT starts up randomly.  Sometimes it starts in one era then doesn't.  Then starts in the era it didn't start before and won't start in one it started in before.

DBW won't start at all.  Looks like I'm going to have to work for my pleasure with these mods.

DBW needs IL-2 1946 version 4.10. When it is installed on top of this version, it should work very well. BAT goes on top of version 4.12. I say this because you mentioned 4.13.4, and neither afore-mentioned pack will work right on the latter.

There are other options for 4.12, the VPModpack and HSFX 7. These are easier to install than BAT, I would think-having said that, I don't have BAT myself.

I actually use HSFX 7 for 4.12 and DBW for 4.10. There are more comprehensive packages, but I find these very stable and they load up very quickly. There is still a lot of content in both.

Sky High,

I will try DBW and BAT with the patch versions you suggest.  I tried them before but had no luck.  Probably something I did wrong.

Also plan on VPMod and HSFX installs.  Lots of great looking campaigns for all these mods just a bit confusing trying to sort out all the details between SAS and Mission4Today.

Thanks for the help.