Gents, in YAP's carrier pack 1 there is a F9F Panther along with carriers. Is this Panther new or the same available here? Thanks.

it would most DEFINATELY be theirs. Unless they bought the MAX files from Bobrock

Actually it seems the 3D model is a variant of Bobrock's model (https://combatace.com/files/file/13412-sf2-korean-war-era-f9f-2-panther-pak-by-bobrock/, this one). The YAP variant has the pilot seat integrated into the model but no 3D damage model, the CA one lacks the seat but has a 3D damage model, there's also a name difference on the texture file the wings, but that's all, the mapping is the same, the skins are built from the same template.

The INIs on the other hand are unique to each version. If it's the Panther that interests you, the one on CA is the best option IMHO.

Edited by Gunrunner
  • Like 1

I had a quick look, same story, they're not exactly identical but are variants of the same files. There seems to be a minor difference when it comes to the glass material, the CA version has a GF picture that is missing from the YAP variant (it's mapped, it's just missing the texture file). The INIs have a high commonality but are not exactly identical, but I haven't delved into the details, there doesn't seem to be major functionnalities differences though, just alternative implementations, seat positions etc.

Thanks! Just grab it. Worth for the carrier. The F9F is just like you said. Cheers!

Yeah, their carriers are usually great, now if only we had a Charles de Gaulle and a Kuznetsov.

For SF2, we still have the early one from TMF hidden away within another download from 2008 (not sure it's still around) and I think there was another one in development at some point, alas I haven't seen anything recently.

7 hours ago, Gunrunner said:

For SF2, we still have the early one from TMF hidden away within another download from 2008 (not sure it's still around) and I think there was another one in development at some point, alas I haven't seen anything recently.

I just dug the Clemenceau out of the old TMF weapons pack and updated the data file to my latest standard for SF2. If anyone wants to test it let me know and I will PM it to you.

Are there any restrictions beyond the normal regarding uploading TMF items? If not then I will add it to the SF2 ships download section.

other than the model was Marcello's (Marcfighters) and he'd pulled it, and didn't want it released a long time ago. I should know, I released it and got a ration of shit about it.

But...

as he has long left since the community, it is considered "abaondon ware" . Fix it up and release it. The Admins say it "ok"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

in a related offshoot, what happened to column5's stuff? i know a bunch is on here, and it was put in an archive several years back when his main site went to poetry (or something similar iirc). can't find it now tho,

the post above got me looking at marcfighters site, and the links on the left are a vivid window to the past ("new Hawker Hunter F6 by armourdaves", or "new model F-8D Crusader by Lobo Mau, volksjager, column5, crab_02, USAFMTL, Flying-V, Charles Gunst")

also yeah, most has much better and newer stuff esp. for the Gen2 crowd. but it seems a shame for such a resource to disappear

The column5 url was owned by column5 and he apparently let it lapse so the url is dead. I have his entire site archived but would need his permission to release content. The site won't be reactivated because it's on an exploited version of wordpress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1