Hi, I sent a comment on the dowload thread, but I realize that since it's an old thread maybe no one will see it.

But my problem is that whatever carrier mission I try to load on Campaigns, either with an A7, A6, F14, etc. they all start on the sea, inside the carrier that sails away and leave the planes one on top of another there.
Other problems I saw with this mod on my end was when trying to land the plane there were two superposed carriers on the same spot.

More details can be found in the thread and SS as well.

What may be happening and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks

• Like 1

I've also sn issue ;are two days  since now that at the start of a campaign the game load 'till 80% and then stopped,the loading image have superimposed the mouse cursor,and return on the desk at touch of the space key.

Last night I was able to play a single mission but when finished  instead of the debriefing screen the game crashed.

I've recently installed Guuruu? new Tornado,but I don't think this is related as after the installation I played a whole campaign.

Any help before an eventual new installation of the mod? This is my prefferred mods for SF2 that I searched for some times and convinced me to join the community,so please help!

Full-merged game,patched at July'13.

Sorry for the very noob question,but if I choose to delete the ODS mod and reinstall it,what I'd to do?

delete the mods folder, NOT the exe!! (unless you used an exe other than the NA one)  When you (re)start your ODS.exe, it'll rebuild a new mods folder. Then, you all the ODS stuff from you downloaded.

Since they're carriers involved, I'd HIGHLY recomend building it from the SF2:NA executable. Better carrier coding in that exe

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Wrench said:

delete the mods folder, NOT the exe!! (unless you used an exe other than the NA one)  When you (re)start your ODS.exe, it'll rebuild a new mods folder. Then, you all the ODS stuff from you downloaded.

Since they're carriers involved, I'd HIGHLY recomend building it from the SF2:NA executable. Better carrier coding in that exe

Thanks mte!

4 hours ago, Wrench said:

Thanks, I've only used the SF2:NA. My stuff is carrier ops, so I didn't try the mod with any other exe but have fully merged version until Mar2012.

It is really weird. Yesterday tried a Linebacker II campaign and then a Iceland campaign. The former worked, the latter had my A7 on top of the carrier but not on the catapult, and moving all by itself until it would fall off the deck.

Until now I was only playing Vietnam with the Rolling Thunder campaign, so didn't try other ones and didn't see any problems at all.

thanks

17 hours ago, Wrench said:

Ehi mate,I reinstalled the whole mod and look like if work.I played a couple of single mission and all worked ...but,I tried to start a Campaign, with a USMV F-18A or USAF F-15E and in the briefing screen with the exception of the Aircraft to Arm,I can't change Individual,Service or Unit  markings, or Paint Scheme.

Look like if this affect the planes in the Campaign as in the screenshot below of the new Guuruu Tonka' Single mission,all look nice.

Any idea?

img00001.JPG

I don't continued the Campign as I prefer solve the issue,a very small one indeed,before any progress

Edited by RustyKurnass

Ok guys,I'll confirm taht in Campaign I can't choose any Markings option,only the paint scheme.

On 01/03/2019 at 8:42 PM, zeitgeist said:

Thanks, I've only used the SF2:NA. My stuff is carrier ops, so I didn't try the mod with any other exe but have fully merged version until Mar2012.

It is really weird. Yesterday tried a Linebacker II campaign and then a Iceland campaign. The former worked, the latter had my A7 on top of the carrier but not on the catapult, and moving all by itself until it would fall off the deck.

Until now I was only playing Vietnam with the Rolling Thunder campaign, so didn't try other ones and didn't see any problems at all.

thanks

I solved the issue. It seems the problem on my end was with the new carrier models. I just changed the campaign to use only the stock version of the carriers and it worked for ODS, though it still won't work for Northem Sabre.

Another problem I am having now is it is almost impossible to run the capaign on Normal mode. I just can't get rid of all the sams. With corsair II, I just complete one mission and die about a dozen of times before completing another one.

Just tried a new ODS campaign with F14 and the first two missions there were so many SAMs shot right as I was approaching land I ran out of chaffs and ended up dead on the 8th consecutive SAM fired at me.

Was it supposed to be this hard? I mean not even Vietnam when we are loosing is so hard like this.

The Iraqi air defense system in 1991 had more guns than Berlin in 1945 and more SAMs than Hanoi in 1972. I mean the coalition forces lost 44 aircraft to enemy action, which is much higher than most people think, and the A-10s suffered such heavy losses as to be pulled back from attacks on the republican guard. If you think that flying the American campaign is tough, try a campaign as an Iraqi Su-25 pilot...

• Thanks 1

Ok guys,after a pair of Campaign the proble mentioned at the start of the topic returned...but concurrentely to this I n oted that now in the aircraft folder are present all the stock aircraft,as if a some kind of update occurred.I tried also to delet the Version. and Option inis as suggested bi MigBuster in another discussion but nothing.

Probably I'll reinstall the mod in the week end,but someone know a probable cause?

On 1/3/2019 at 8:22 PM, Wrench said:

Mate,I used the Europe full merged exe to run ODS,if I want reinstall you suggested to use NA,this mean that I can delete also the old exe and restart the whole process of a new exe for ODS?

yes! after it builds the 'new' mods folder, you (hopefully!) should be able to copy/paste the various folders back into it (even if the originals were created with the sf2e exe)

good luck, and let us know how it goes!

On 04/03/2019 at 7:29 PM, zeitgeist said:

I solved the issue. It seems the problem on my end was with the new carrier models. I just changed the campaign to use only the stock version of the carriers and it worked for ODS, though it still won't work for Northem Sabre.

Another problem I am having now is it is almost impossible to run the capaign on Normal mode. I just can't get rid of all the sams. With corsair II, I just complete one mission and die about a dozen of times before completing another one.

Just tried a new ODS campaign with F14 and the first two missions there were so many SAMs shot right as I was approaching land I ran out of chaffs and ended up dead on the 8th consecutive SAM fired at me.

Was it supposed to be this hard? I mean not even Vietnam when we are loosing is so hard like this.

I'm playing through a tweaked ODS Campaign at the moment and I find radar guided SAMs aren't particularly a threat. I can barely remember getting shot at by them. But going in low level over IR SAMs like SA-13s is a good way to die. 

I can see why Coalition aircraft switched to medium and high level attacks. 

I definitely find arming wingmen with HARMs/ALARMs on every mud moving mission (and some air to air if there's a long transit over dangerous areas) is a good way to thin out the radar guided SAM population. I'm at the point in the campaign where the only threats are AAA and IR SAMs as there's almost no SAM radars or Iraqi aircraft left. 

• Like 1

Ok gus,I've made a new installation,NA-based,but nothing I've the same problem in Campaign:the game loading 'till 80% and then freeze,the mouse arrow appear on the screen and crash on the desktop.

Conversely I can play the single missions or instant action.

I'm really pissed as ODS is my preferred mod....