Sign in to follow this  
MiG29Fulcrum

I simply cant get the guns of my plane to fire.

Might be a simple solution, but I am really stuck:

In the options menu I chose my main trigger on the joystick as the one to "Fire Primary Guns". My secondary trigger, the one under my thumb, was selected to "Fire Secondary Guns". Both triggers get recognized by the game.

However ingame nothing happens. I select the machine gun, press the trigger - And nothing happens. If I select missiles I can fire them with the "Fire Secondary Guns" trigger.....But guns wont work. 

What is going on?

Try changing it to fire selected weapon instead for primary guns

I am not sure what would cause this problem. Try deleting your controls ini file and using the default keyboard assignments. If those work, then the file isn't taking your input mapping correctly. I like merging the default key mappings with my custom stick mappings as a secondary control set so I can use either/or. To do this, I create a custom ini named after my stick (I have more than one type and have to make a custom map for each type). I map the inputs for the stick then edit the file to have all of the customized stick mappings in a secondary set while copying/pasting the default mappings to the default/primary control set.

All aircraft or one you have recently added?

Can happen on add on aircrafts, if a new gun type is not part in the downloaded files. For instance it happened in the newly uploaded J-7 pack. There the uploader forgot to include the new gun, so the J-7PG and J-7B were unable to fire the gun, because the gun was simply not there.

So you should test, wheter the gun problem is on all planes or only on certain planes. If a stock plane, like the F-15A can fire the gun, then it has nothing to do with your joystick or the options setting. If a stock plane cant fire the gun, then the options setting is corrupted or your joystick cause the problem.

Edited by Gepard

it's also been observed over the years, that the control ini sometimes get re-written by the game. I've had this happen on and off in various mods folders for at least 4-5 years.

One could try editing by hand, getting the set up the way you want, and then change the properties of the control ini to "read only".

And like Gepard said, check that the gun you're trying to shoot actually exists. Also like he said, check ALL stock player-flyable aircraft

The first thing we learned in (automotive) diagnostics:

Common to one, or common to all??

Hi. Im not using mods / unoffical addons, just the normal "Strike Fighters 2" releases.

Here is a screenshot of my options menu, as you can see it recognizes my trigger inputs:

iJcQFgJ.jpg

I have one button for "Fire Primary Guns", one for "Fire Secondary Guns" and "Fire Selected Weapons" is also selected.

However ingame the guns simply wont fire. No on-board cannons, no gunpods, nothing -_-

Edited by MiG29Fulcrum

I think Im closing in on the problem: I just re-installed all the Strike Fighter 2 modules, and the weapons work - Up until "North Atlantic". Then the guns refuse to function -_-

Allright its now confirmed. The "Strike Fighters 2 - North Atlantic" addon kills my guns. I installed Strike Fighters 2, Vietnam, Israel, Israel Expansion Pack, Europe, Europe Expansion Pack and every time I enter a game the guns fire.

As soon as I install "North Atlantic" no guns work anymore.

EDIT: Well I found a solution: I just start the game with another .exe, like the "Strike Fighters 2 Europe" one. I still get the "North Atlantic"-planes like the F-14, but this time the guns work. Allright thanks.

Edited by MiG29Fulcrum
  • Like 1