Caesar

Heatblur Tomcat to release 13 March

Heatblur announced a release date for their F-14: 13 March marks the Early Access launch date for the F-14B.

• Like 3

I will have to settle for the F-14B. I prefer the F-14A.

The F-14A & F-14D will come later AFAIK

50 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

I will have to settle for the F-14B. I prefer the F-14A.

HB did say that the A will also be coming out after the B, so you will be able to fly it at some point.

Sure wish I had the time to learn how to fly the DCS Tomcat... because it's probably the best sim that will ever be made of it.

EDIT: Nothing against @Caesar, just the limitations of the SF2 sim.

Edited by JosefK
Thanking Caesar for his work on bringing the F-14 Tomcat to SF2

1 hour ago, JosefK said:

Sure wish I had the time to learn how to fly the DCS Tomcat... because it's probably the best sim that will ever be made of it.

EDIT: Nothing against @Caesar, just the limitations of the SF2 sim.

I take no offense.  It absolutely seems like the HB Turkey will be the most in-depth study simulation of the plane, and I can't wait.

• Like 1

Was thinking that looks good......till I saw this video of a Heron surfing on an Alligator 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know the A is coming later. Originally the A was the focus... but everyone that really wants a D begged for the B. The F-14A is the aircraft I grew up with and is the one I want to fly. The F-14B (F-14A+ to me) was just going into service when I went into the Navy and I saw one of the F-14D prototypes at Miramar's open house/air show in the 1989/1990 time frame with its distinctive double nose sensor. The F-14B is an F-14 on easy mode. I want to fight the TF-30 engines and struggle to manage energy as the F-14A had almost the same T/W as the F-4J. The TF-30 had a lot if issues that made it difficult to employ in a dogfight that might require rapid throttle changes between idle and Max A/B. You don't fly the plane, you fly the engine ;)

• Like 1