Hi All --

I am still a "Newbie", guys, and am hoping someone has the experience that will help explain (and capitalize) on what appears to be a random "feature" of some SFP1 missions.

Every so often I run a mission and it has Force Fedback "enabled" on my MS SW FF Pro stick. It is not consistent, nor repeatable, but the most recent occurrence took place while running "Tet 2 Scramble" on a Win XP HE machine.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way to implement it on an intentional and consistent basis??

Any thoughts willingly shared would be much appreciated.........

Thanks,

Ron

I wish I could help you Ron. I have a Cougar.

I have a M/$ Sidewinder FF2,

Beats me also...

Have you tried reinstalling your Sidewinder Drivers?

Or checking for a bit of dirt where you plug the cord into your stick?

Edited by howling1

Hi Howling1 --

Thanks for the thoughts ..... Actually, the interesting thing about this is when I "test" the MS SW FF Pro via Control Panel and Properties, it allows me to test all the buttons, but it DOES NOT provide the ability to test the feedback responses. The same stick, on my 98SE machine, DOES provide the ability to test the FF via the Control Panel and Properties.

Soooooo, while I have no "reason" to expect FF to work on the Win XP machine, it in fact DOES work randomly (and so far ONLY on missions in SFP1 - No other games that I have).

I HAVE re-installed the stick several times for the exact reasons that are going thru your mind, I suspect.....

If anyone has additional thoughts based on this additional information, I am humbly all ears

Thanks,

Ron