Did a it of easter egg hunting and found a 5 SQN Tornado F.3 skin in the Nato Fighters mod, didn't turn up much else though.

Before I break out my crayons for the first time since god knows when (7-8 years I think) is anyone aware of any other skins hiding in existing mods?

Looking for 56(R), 111 & 1435 Flt for the RAF and anything from the RSAF.

The base skins that come with the F.3 are simple enough so should really just be a bit of decal work if I do it myself, with exception of 56 who were rather flamboyant at times. Figured its worth asking before doubling up on something that may have already been done.

I'll see what I have m8:wink:....give me a day or 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

Did a it of easter egg hunting and found a 5 SQN Tornado F.3 skin in the Nato Fighters mod, didn't turn up much else though.

Before I break out my crayons for the first time since god knows when (7-8 years I think) is anyone aware of any other skins hiding in existing mods?

Looking for 56(R), 111 & 1435 Flt for the RAF and anything from the RSAF.

The base skins that come with the F.3 are simple enough so should really just be a bit of decal work if I do it myself, with exception of 56 who were rather flamboyant at times. Figured its worth asking before doubling up on something that may have already been done.

Maybe here you could find something:

https://combatace.com/files/category/192-tornado-skins/

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sundowner said:

I'll see what I have m8:wink:....give me a day or 2.

Thanks, appreciate it :drinks:

12 hours ago, Soulfreak said:

Maybe here you could find something:

https://combatace.com/files/category/192-tornado-skins/

Head meet desk.... I didn't realise the F.3 was originally a Gen.1 mod so didn't even look :rolleyes:

Thanks, preview pics are long gone but the file names sound promising. It appears Syrinx was quite busy knocking them out almost exactly 10 years ago. She's already done all of the RAF units I'd mentioned plus a few others though I may yet take a stab at one of the black spined 111 birds.

Edited by fallenphoenix1986

Syrinx is lady (one of our few female members) from the UK.

I can fix the images; are they included in the zip files? If so, I can download them and just re-up the images. If not...well, ....

==

one wonders if those original F.3s have ever been updated for SF2 ....

47 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Syrinx is lady (one of our few female members) from the UK.

I can fix the images; are they included in the zip files? If so, I can download them and just re-up the images. If not...well, ....

==

one wonders if those original F.3s have ever been updated for SF2 ....

Oops. :blush:

No, no images in the Zips, though I'll likely be snapping away over the next few days. I've only taken a few shots so far while checking they worked:

img00378.JPG

img00379.JPG

img00385.thumb.JPG.ae3deaf7a7cdc10f920fb32a10013b60.JPG

img00386.JPG

img00390.JPG

Edited by fallenphoenix1986
  • Like 3

Ok.

if you want, take one of each skin, nicely lit and composed, label for each, zip them up and pm them to me. Then, I can add them to their individual 'sections'.

or whatever!:biggrin:

On 3/7/2019 at 8:17 PM, Wrench said:

Ok.

if you want, take one of each skin, nicely lit and composed, label for each, zip them up and pm them to me. Then, I can add them to their individual 'sections'.

or whatever!:biggrin:

No problem, quite a few skins to get through so will get them off to you in a few days. :good:

• Thanks 1

Would there be any chance of uploading all the SF1skins as a skin pack in SF2 folder format (with Syrinx's permission of course, if she's still around)?

• Like 1

+1 on that!!

You can always say that I said it was ok. (but check the Freeware listing to be safe!! :good:). But I'm sure she'd be OK with it!

11 hours ago, Wrench said:

+1 on that!!

You can always say that I said it was ok. (but check the Freeware listing to be safe!! :good:). But I'm sure she'd be OK with it!

She's on the list: 

Off to start snapping again, should hopefully have enough screenies in a couple of hours.

• Like 1

as a reminder, as seen in Allen's images in the screenshot's thread, don't forget to place the canopy tga into EVERY skin folder. That's one of SF2s quirks

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

as a reminder, as seen in Allen's images in the screenshot's thread, don't forget to place the canopy tga into EVERY skin folder. That's one of SF2s quirks

Clocked that when installing the first one a few days ago :ok:

Sorry, got a little distracted exploring the Scotland on the UK terrain... still need to sort 1435 FLT and the anniversary schemes.

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

don't forget to place the canopy tga into EVERY skin folder. That's one of SF2s quirks

Actually, AFAIK, it should suffice to place the canopy tga file inside the plane's folder, not inside each skin folder of that plane folder; at least I remember this works on my end on several other planes. Then again, what's inside the skin folder takes priority over what is inside the plane's folder. But if anything is missing in the skin folder, the game will look for the missing file inside the plane's folder. This method is also very effective for space conservation, when a plane uses the same bitmap or other file format for numerous, multiple skins.

Edited by Menrva

2 hours ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

Clocked that when installing the first one a few days ago :ok:

Sorry, got a little distracted exploring the Scotland on the UK terrain... still need to sort 1435 FLT and the anniversary schemes.

Schoolboy error on my part!