Grinseed

Why would aircraft explode at the start of a mission?

The skunkworks Albatros D3 works fine in my FE2, Jan Tuma, Flanders setup. When I add peter01's data.ini for that aircraft, with bombs selected or not, the aircraft of the entire squadron blow up.

What in peter01's data.ini could be causing that to happen?

Have you tried checking the collision points and hit boxes in that data.ini file?

From what I remember, the peter01 FM is for the stock Alb. D3 that comes with FE2....as are my later FM tweaks. Getting the A-Team models to work with data inis not specifically made for them is a real pain. You'll probably have to compare collision points, min/max sizes between the two data inis to find what's wrong - also good is to double check the names of the components, support component names, etc., for wings, tails, fuselage sections - they are probably not the same across the two data inis. Hopefully someone who flies the A-Team Alb. D.III will be able to give more specific suggestions.

Von S :smile:

• Like 2

Thank you gentlemen for your time and info. I made the mistake of thinking peter01's data.ini was for the Skunkworks D3 instead of the stock AlbatrosD3_160 because he had not made a version for the stock AlabatrosD3_170. I suppose I might start comparing the stock D3_160 to peter01's 170 to see if there is more differences than just the SLPowerDry between the two.

All is good.

Rather than flying and dying in FE I find I spend most of my scarce spare time tinkering with the aircraft and their mods which I find very satisfying.

Aa I lack a joystick (and the reaction times of my youth), I content myself with bombing missions. BSU still makes a challenging pastime.

Just about finished tidying up older versions of the game I have saved along with peter01's mods and now about to start on yours VonS in a separate game version. I'll probably be back to pester you some more.:biggrin:

Edited by Grinseed
  • Like 1