I have FE2 and played it for years and enjoy it it is modded and has great terrains and planes.

So why am I here well for the first time I installed SF2 Europe and SF2 NA as I do not like jets I wanted a WW2 Europe theater I took the jets out, so now I and have installed many mods like the BOB Terrain and the updated Germany Terrain my problem is none of the terrains come any way close to what I have in FE2 they have very little trees building's ect all graphic settings are on at least high am I missing something I know SF2 is a old sim so I maybe expecting to much.

What came first FE2 or SF2

Can anyone tell me please how can I stop the trees popping up in the updated Germany terrain, this do's not happen in my FE2 install.

<cough> EAW WW2 Euro map <cough>

as to the fade issue, in the Options.ini

[GraphicsOptions]
DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=1024
DisplayHeight=768
DisplayDepth=32
AspectRatio=1.333333
AntiAliasing=4
ForceDX9=FALSE
ForceVSyncOff=FALSE
Use32BitZBuffer=TRUE
LensFlare=0
DetailLevel=4
ObjectDetail=2
ObjectTexture=3
CockpitTexture=3
CockpitMirrors=1
CockpitReflection=1
EffectsDetail=3
TerrainDetail=2
TerrainTexture=3
HorizonDistance=2
GroundObjectDensity=3
WaterDetail=3
CloudsDetail=2
Shadow=2
ObjectsFade=TRUE

Change to FALSE. That will should the TOD objects from fading and popping into existence. Also, remember you dealing with terrains at least 50% larger than any of the FE terrains.

• Like 1

Thanks Wrench for the reply , your [GraphicsOptions] is the same as what I have only the ObjectsFade I changed to FALSE.

Will give it a try.

Hi Wrench changing the  ObjectsFade to FALSE made a big difference looks much better.

Can I ask you what is the highest settings for the graphics I can set to is there any point in the unlimited also the horizon distance setting.

My monitor runs 2560X1080 Res and that is the setting I have in SF2 setup, the planes do look a little stretched but I can live with that as I fly in cockpit mode.

Thank you for your help I have other questions but for the time being will leave to the above.

We've found that running full unlimited can induce some really odd shadow issues (like tod objects cast shadows several dozen meters FROM the actual 3d object.

This is what I'm running in my ETO mods folder (although I haven't fired it up again unitl today since the HD crash and rebuild. I'll have to check the in game views) I don't think 'something' is as powerful as yours -probably my monitor due to space limitation, and it's still a "square" one

You got questions, we'll do the best to answer them!!

graphic options.JPG

Welcome to the SF club mate :drinks:

3 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Welcome to the SF club mate :drinks:

Thank you for your welcome, a little about me I am in my late 70s and have enjoyed many combat sims over many years  but have always had FE on my PC from XP, Windows 7 and now Windows 10.

Can I give a plug for VonS on the FE forum and many others that have helped made a old man very happy thanks what a great world flight sims are thank you to all that have contributed to making it so.

Speech over off to bed or just one more flight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:drinks::pilotfly:

New members to the Prop Heads Club are always welcome!!

I'm a big fan of FE as well as the SF series, I have done a fair few skins for FE over the years, as well as for SF, thats what is so good about this series, its so flexible and modable, I have Rise of Flight, but I just cant seem to get on with it, I have been flight simming since the 80's when I got my first 'puter, and Amstrad 664, then the Amiga revolution happened and I think I must have had just about every flight sim there was ........now I have all the SF series including FE, DCS world, which is amazing but I just crast too often ( taxing mainly hahahaha) Rise of Flight and IL2 1946.....but I keep coming back to these because they are so user friendly , not 100% accurate in all things of course, but fun !! And that is what its all about mate !!                 :airplane:

• Like 3