11 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

Did you mod  its vectored thrust...? as the model H gave me has it working and bump mapping etc...been a while I forget...well im old ...thats my excuse...lol

Of course, yakarov79 almost remodelled it completely with many additional details, including a reworked cockpit 3d model. Crusader improved the avionics, baffmeister created a realistic flight model. I coordinated the team, made tweaks here and there and improved effects, sounds, and of course skins!

Here below a comparison between the nozzles of the current 3d model, and the ones of the old 3d model released in alpha stage by Heberth. Credits to yakarov79 for the 3d model, better textures by yakarov79 and yours truly.

Old Nozzles

Old1.thumb.jpg.75230596e287ebb0f171432aeefbfc78.jpg

Old2.thumb.jpg.f95d600e9ade13d617d2b80d627deb17.jpg

New Nozzles

New1.thumb.jpg.60c94256ec9afcf2b34f4a0cd108f90f.jpg

New2.thumb.jpg.81c5bdbe43754791cac59b1389b68ea6.jpg

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

was:

1.jpg.78a405e1614d4721bbb57c1881524bfb.jpg

now:

most of the dark blue parts are unchanged...(nozzles and wings were processed also) the rest (colorful) is tinkered...one way or another.

2.jpg.b77d5e383f62fe0870f35b36df30c649.jpg

And I am not even a big fan of F-22. Reason and motivation is behind one person - his dedication to the project is remarkable. It was a great pleasure to work with him on this. It was not just demands and requests - waiting for the final product. It was full cooperation in all aspects. If ever you need to work on something - go with Menrva.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Reason and motivation is behind one person - his dedication to the project is remarkable. It was a great pleasure to work with him on this. It was not just demands and requests - waiting for the final product. It was full cooperation in all aspects. If ever you need to work on something - go with Menrva.

Wow, I didn't expect such kind words... And I feel like I have bothered you with a few requests of changes from time to time, LOL!

Without your offer and determination to help (I was simply asking about adding missing rail launchers and pylons at the time), we wouldn't have this much detailed 3d model.

Likewise, it was a fantastic cooperation! Without your great support (and Crusader's and baffmeister's) I wouldn't have accomplished this project; you guys have provided me with your expertise (modelling, FM, avionics) and raised the quality bar of it :drinks:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys,

You're creating a very beautiful and dangerous Raptor... :hi:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

Little heads-up. The new cockpit 3d model is still in the works, a few fixes remain but it's giving a bit of trouble. When it is completed, I will release the package. The cockpit will feature more realistic MFDs, I will post comparison shots in due time.

In the meantime, I also fixed minor issues; the real Raptor carries around 18,411 lbs of fuel, over 26,000 lbs with external fuel tanks. Now this is properly reflected in-game. It can't get more realistic than this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New updates on recent progress. First of all, apologies to keep you guys waiting. Unfortunately, RL is a toll for everyone. The add-on will be ready when it's ready. From time to time new things that need improvement are found, but we're almost there.

@yakarov79 has been instrumental in making the new cockpit 3d model; me and him have constantly worked together to bring you a nicer, more realistic Raptor cockpit; by realistic, I mean that MFDs have got a new layout to better resemble what the real Raptor's cockpit has got, within SF2 engine limitations of course. Julhelm has been very kind to allow yakarov79 to improve upon his previous 3d model. Here below a few comparison shots:

Old cockpit 3d model by Julhelm, avionics by Crusader

pitold.thumb.jpg.ebda8a0084537476264adcdc64d2082c.jpg

avionicsold.thumb.jpg.c701847571ab01f48d9c9726b9d5a405.jpg

New cockpit 3d model by yakarov79, textures by yakarov79 and yours truly; avionics update by Crusader, reworked by yours truly.

pitnew1.thumb.jpg.b2f8a71a84c370b5027c80e5fdd9c36b.jpg

pitnew2.thumb.jpg.b4f243fc320bfec29fcf53fd65e86ced.jpg

avionicsnew.thumb.jpg.8ae6ee46492f41c16111ca8f84920132.jpg

Since the package will keep you waiting some more, I added new extras to it; the skin pack will feature the below skin, directly inspired by Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. Such a Raptor skin was part of a DLC of Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.

img00002.thumb.jpg.421c6ab3af89a9c3c4c6999ad2879d88.jpg

img00007.jpg

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

No rush, but I've been thinking of this project lately...

46 minutes ago, JosefK said:

No rush, but I've been thinking of this project lately...

Me too, but the 3d modeller in the team is busy with RL at the moment. The aircraft is pretty much done. However, the cockpit's 3d model requires additional work after some details I discovered about the real one.

It will be completed, that I can assure you. We put so much effort in it, it would be a waste not to complete it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, willtheboss323 said:

As a big fan of the Z.O.E. aircraft and the AC series over all, I can't wait for this pack to be finished!

Hi! The aircraft is still in the works. The cockpit is the last thing to be finished, as I changed textures and layouts various times so now 3d edits are needed to it.

In the meanwhile, I took the opportunity to fine-tune some of the previously showed skins.

Revised colors for Mobius 1, ISAF livery (more blue-ish like its real EMD 91-4001 prototype counterpart, with the addition of golden engine plates).

img00002.thumb.JPG.0675508cba3de0e45501a7459e532fc3.JPG

Revised colors for Indigo Wing livery (different blue taken from the original AC6 skin)

img00003.thumb.JPG.84e5a122f18d8834549cf6a8c0e3ec2f.JPG

Revised colors for Razgriz livery (less dark than before, directly based on the original AC6 skin)

img00004.thumb.JPG.b7d53f337fa449426c55b1bb6d3e5d48.JPG

Completed Warwolf livery

img00005.thumb.JPG.2d13d501a2efb7aa63d9053c4960762c.JPG

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I always tought that the YF-23 was a much better looking aircraft...

BJNaGpz.jpg

YzLxJ28.jpg

And a extra pic of a operational F-32, the happy jet.

iwhXkGk.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, IdeaSpy said:

Any news about this project?

It looks wonderful!

Yeah, I'm sorry we didn't release this yet. We were working on a major rework of the cockpit last year, then the pandemic happened and the 3d modeller had to leave source files away from home.

We restarted work recently with older source files. There's still much to do cockpit related, but I want to make sure it's a definitive release.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't worry, there's no rush. I was just curious.

Glad the development is still going.

Due to RL, time constraints, other projects etc., some details for this add-on couldn't be completed. The aircraft add-on and a bonus skin pack for it have just been uploaded for your enjoyment. Wait for admin approval.

We were working on a brand new cockpit with accurate HUD, displays, text and functionalities. Hopefully it will be a thing for a future re-release. For now, enjoy the add-on and the bonus skins as they are. They've been sitting on my HD for so long, and it was just a pity to leave them forgotten. It wasn't doing any justice to the amazing efforts the development team has done so far. Well, now you can fly with one of Uncle Sam's finest air superiority aircraft, with new high definition models and textures. Take care, people. :drinks:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5