Skyviper

Trying to ID a plane from a TV Show

This is a bit embarrassing. There's a show my mother likes to watch that aired from 1966-1971. In a particular episode they were in an USAF aircraft that resembles the EA-6B Prowler. Side by side seating, the wings were much more straighter than the Prowler's Overall shape looks like a Prowler which I dang well know is a Navy Bird. Do you know what this aircraft could be? Also, is there a good directory show casing the time line of the various aircraft used by the services throughout the years you like to use? I'd like to check it out if I can. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Maybe a Douglas F3D Skyknight ? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, trotski00 said:

Maybe a Douglas F3D Skyknight ? 

Would also have been my suggestion.

That's what it is! Thank you! @trotski00

That's an interesting plane.

• Like 1

there was an article in either Aviation History or another magazine I get that had an article on USAF used F3Ds. I'll try and see if I can find it on the net

(sure it wasn't a A/T-37 Tweet?)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

there was an article in either Aviation History or another magazine I get that had an article on USAF used F3Ds. I'll try and see if I can find it on the net

Oh cool! Thank you!

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

(sure it wasn't a A/T-37 Tweet?)

It kind of looks like it.

I found the episode and took a screenshot

Tweet.thumb.jpg.d05971f8626b5938d3029b6536c4157b.jpg

Yep, looks like a T-37. Just for future reference, there used to be a page called the Internet Movie Aircraft DataBase (IMADB) akin to the Firearms Database (IMFDB) where you could punch in the show/film's title and it would list the aircraft that made appearances in said title. Not sure if it's still around, but there's a fandom one around that also might help. My folks hit me up for an ID of a plane that showed up in NCIS (my parents are pretty old. 😉 ) recently, and I found it in there. Turned out to be a fictional stealth plane, you know, because NCIS. :p

• Like 1

yup, that's a Tweet!

• Like 1