Hello, new to the game here. I have the full 5 merged install, patched to Jul '13.  The problem that I am running into is that I start every mission/campaign mission with an air-spawn (usually about 5mi from initial). The only mission that does not start me in the air is the carrier take-off mission. I'd like to take off from the runway or deck, and complete a full mission. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

have you read manuals..or at least check game settings?

• Like 1

since day one, without user set ups, always has defaulted to 'in air start"

from the main screen ---> options ----> gameplay ---> mission start position

gameplay_options.JPG

• Like 1

and another important moment.. if you start with NAVY only aircraft for example, Su-33 or F-4A, or F-4B, or F-4J and the Theater which you run has ocean or sea you will start at an aircarier anyway. To fly from land you need to chose Su-27, or F-4C, or F-4D etc. 

• Like 1

No, you need to only fly on terrains that are NOT NavalMap=TRUE (which is all the original 4, excepting IcelandNA, which is the ONLY stock terrain built from the bedrock/ocean floor for carrier ops in single missions)

• Like 1

Wrench, i said the same but more clear to new member. as i think. :wink:

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone that responded; great info! And thank you for taking it easy on me!