Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

DCS Weekend News: 10 May 2019

Header2019_720-EN.jpg

DCS: I-16 Now Available!

The Polikrapov I-16 fighter, developed by 3rd party studio Octopus G, is now available for download!

The I-16 was a Soviet, monoplane fighter developed during the 1930s inter-war years. It was innovative for its time with a low-wing cantilever design and retractable landing gear. It was the USSR’s primary fighter at the start of World War 2 where it primarily battled the Bf 109 Emil. In addition to the Second World War, the I-16 was also used in the Spanish Civil War and the second Sino-Japanese War.

DCS-I-16-cover-280x400.jpg

The I-16 type 24 was powered by an M-63 radial engine that gave it a top speed of 462 kph. The aircraft was armed with four 7.62 ShKAS machine guns. In total, 7,000 single seat versions of this famous fighter were built.

The I-16 is a fun and interesting aircraft and further grows our stable of warbirds. This aircraft is particularly interesting when flown in virtual reality.

Screen_190507_044842-238.jpg

Screen_190507_032639-238.jpg

Screen_190507_034044-238.jpg

More screenshots

DCS World Open Beta Update

In this week’s Open Beta update, we added support for precise JDAM coordinate targeting in Pre-Planned mode, by displaying latitude and longitude coordinates down to hundredth of a second on the Mission Editor map and the F10 View map.

Degrees/Minutes/Seconds/Decimal values. Cycle through coordinate display option available by press Left Alt + Y. Once you enter Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, press ENT on the UFC to then enter the two-digit decimal value and then press ENT again on the UFC.

Please read the complete Open Beta changelog here.

Regarding the Hornet, this was a light cycle due to several large and complex features in development during the last couple of weeks. In particular, the Litening II targeting pod, AGM-154 JSOW glide bomb, full simulation of the INS and GPS navigation systems, dynamic launch zones and loft modes for JDAM and JSOW, and other items.

Stingers Combat Movie

Congratulations to the Stingers on their first combat movie! It’s as campy as a Boy Scouts retreat, but hilarious and very well done. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I couldn't resist the I-16... a Gee Bee with machine guns and open cockpit :)