Sign in to follow this  
ZekeMan

Multiplayer Games

Hello,

Just wondering if there are IP's available for WOV online games. I've been checking Hyperlobby just about every day and can't find a game. Any online WOV enthusiasts out there?

Z

Hyperlobby is where most of the MP crowd hangs out, though there appear to be a few squads that use MSN Messenger to gather, so there is no way for newbies to find them. There are only a few of people playing SFP1/WOV online regularly (maybe 20 or 30). They all check in at different times, though the most common time seems to be around 8 pm to 10 pm EST. A lot of them have both SFP1 and WOV. Most prefer to play WOV. To catch people there, you basically have to hang out in Hyperlobby for quite some time. If you just pop in and out, no one will know you were even there.

If I see you, I'll fly with you.

It seems most of the active community modders/skinners don't care for multiplayer. I don't understand why the likes of USAFMTL and Column5 don't play online, just some people only like playing by themselves... it is a great game offline, but even more fun when you are flying with other people. Dissimilar air combat between human pilots is just way more interesting than anyting the AI can dish up. Hope to see you around Hyperlobby.

It seems most of the active community modders/skinners don't care for multiplayer. I don't understand why the likes of USAFMTL and Column5 don't play online,

I suspect that they are so busy modding plus real life that they actually don't get to "play" too much.

I suspect that they are so busy modding plus real life that they actually don't get to "play" too much.

I actually fly very often. Just MP doesnt even remotely interest me.

Single player definitely has its place, espeically considering how few play this sim online. But USAFMTL, you should really consider flying MP sometime, presumably a coop mission since you seem to have a preference for ground pounding. Any fun you have in single player is amplified by the presence of other people, especially if you use a voice comms application to talk while flying rather than typing.

If after a trial run with a clean install, you decided that you like it, I am sure we could put together a good online package that inlcudes the F-111 :victory: