kblomkvist

Julhelm's stealthy Cat gets some new colors

THIS is what shoulda been.

Nothing against the Super Hornet.  It's an awesome airplane and done quite well actually - got a Su-22 Fitter kill, dropped a lot of bombs, serves as a tanker and performs beautifully at airshows.  Frankly, F/A-18E > F-15J > F-2A of planes I like to fly now...

The Joint Strike Fighter - well I'll hold off my opinion until I see a full F-35 demo this fall (I hope at Oregon International Airshow).

But if the shooting starts; I'd want stealth, at least 6 AIM-120s, a gun on each mission, and swing wings.  Oh and fly for VFA-41 Black Aces!

Really beautiful!! Does that plane have a template?

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Really beautiful!! Does that plane have a template?

Yes, it's available here: 

My way of doing skins for this bird is completely different from painting something on the template. The skin is mostly blank with basic colors. All the markings, tail arts etc. are added as decals, so that the first aircraft from the numbers list gets the CAG markings and the rest get the lo-viz. The only exception is the intake decal which is painted on the skin, so it won't change its color depending on the aircraft number. Making it as a decal causes the decal to appear inside the intake, which looks bad AF. The only thing that I personally don't like about this "decal method" is that the tail fins sometimes look weird (especially when they are completely covered with the decal) with no weathering on them. Maybe I'll try to sort it out by putting weathering on the decals, why not :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

I'll try to sort it out by putting weathering on the decals, 

in that case, you'll need to make sure the actual tgas are in the aircraft's decal folder, and not pulling squadronmarkings (Level=1) from the object cats. They can still be level=1 but residing in /D folder.

Weathering tgas can be real bitch!!

Amazing work!!

Is the Vf-102 in your plans?

wN92sPe.jpg

19 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Is the Vf-102 in your plans?

Currently I'm working on VFA-14 and VFA-31.

• Thanks 2

On 23/5/2019 at 10:30 PM, kblomkvist said:

Currently I'm working on VFA-14 and VFA-31.

Thanks for the answer.