Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT:Flying Circus Early Access

I opted to be a part of the Flying Circus Early Access because the number of developers doing anything at all with WWI flight sims is...as far as I can tell...exactly 2.    And at this point, both are currently and understandably also spending a lot of time and resources on WWII flight sims because of what little money is available in the flight sim market is mostly concentrated there (or in modern jets).

So FC doesn't have a campaign of any kind planned at this point and may never.   It depends on sales.   It doesn't even have a WWI map yet, though that is in progress and should be available in 2 to 3 weeks.   The number of planes is incredibly limited and the AI, though nowhere near as good as WOFF UE does appear to at least be a little better than it was in RoF.    What it's good for are multiplayer death matches and Quick Missions where you just shoot down some planes.  Hardly a rousing endorsement at the moment.   That said, I find I am enjoying my time with FC and if they do more Volumes (add-ons with maps and planes) and Pat Wilson ever scripts a campaign for it like he did with RoF, it could indeed be a very good time.   

Anyone else flying it?  What are your impressions?

Trying out the Dolphin.  Love the front and top field of view.  Blind in the back though. 

I do, but I'm waiting for the map to really fly it a lot. But I don't know where you got the info about "no campaign of any kind planned." I've read Jason talking just the opposite. Unless something happened recently that I missed, in which they stated "no campaign is planned anymore." If so, please point me in that direction, if you remember where you saw it. 

I agree, the Dolphin is a great plane. It's no more blind in back than the DH2 or FE2, but for some reason those planes are never denigrated in the same fashion as are the Dolphin and DH5. Still, with TrackIR, people are able to look 180 degrees behind them, which would be humanly impossible when strapped in with shoulder harnesses without inertia reels, as with WW1 planes. Unless you are Linda Blair. :smile:

If they have a campaign planned, so much the better.  I thought a campaign wasnt listed on FC vol 1.   Did they say which Vol release they hope to make ot happen?

Looking forward to the SE5a and the Alb being finished soon.  Both will be fun the fly and fight in.  Hopefully sales have been high enough to warrant a Vol 2 soon after 1 has been completed.

I dont want to fight against Linda. Shes the kind of enemy pilot that would scare the hell out of anyone.  ;)

Hey HS. From what I've read, the in-house plan is (was?) to release FC1 and then implement a campaign/career, just as they did with Rise of Flight. I wish it was all-in-one, but I get the sense FC, the way they are doing it, is almost a toe-in-the-water to see what happens. You know, support the sim and we'll make more. But, then again, every dev says that about every sim. They must be doing alright, though, as they have three different sims in development, at least in some form.

As much as I'm looking forward to FC's ultimate development, I'm also stoked for BOP. Me-262? Been waiting for years! Not to mention P-47, P-38, Tempest, P-51. There was an age when WW1 flight sims were stuck in the Western Front. Now, they're stuck in the Eastern Front or BoB. I'm burned out on both and WAY looking forward to BOP.