ignacioc91

RAF CAnopic and Canopic add-on for DesertV.4 Terrain

RAF CAnopic and Canopic add-on for DesertV.4 Terrain

This is a small add-on for Piecemeal's Desert 4 terrain.

It is a first version, as I'd like to continue expanding his gorgeous terrain. The original terrain can be found here:  Desert V. 4

This add-on consists of a repopulation of RAF Canopic Airbase and Canopic, based on Piecemeal's DesertV. 4 terrain.

Added objects, and special thanks to:

Piecemeal for his superv Desert V.4 Terrain

Miscellaneous objects Miscellaneous objects and Miscellaneous objects 1 by Rascabuche 

Small oilrig and Taxiway 100x200 by Gepard

Cranes and SF2 Harbor Craneby Krfrge

Airfield Objects and Airfield Objects 2 by Sundowner

Julhem's Factory Objects by pureBlue

Object Libray 1 by polak & CFS Midway Group-Wrench

6 Ground add on models for the new coming  Airbase102 1.0.0 and Chu containers & HESCO WALL 1.0.0 by Gkabs

Soviet Transport Pack by Kesselbrut

Zastava M-55 triple and single AAA by gkabs

Gepard for his Small Oilrig

Mue for his great Target Area Editor

CombatAce Community, always willing to help and to continue with the Strike Fighters Universe.

Please let me know if I have omitted someone!

INSTRUCTIONS: 

It's simple.

Add the contents of the "Add to Desert4_TYPES" to the Desert4_TYPES.ini. Follow the numbering sequence.

Open your Desert4_TARGETS.ini file, and look for "RAF Canopic" and "Canopic" targets entries. Replace them totaly with the lines provided in the corresponding txt files

You'll need to donload the elements listed in the "Download" txt in order for some objects to appear.

Copy the files included in the "Add to Desert 4 directory" to de Desert4 terrain main folder. 

Enjoy!!!!

Ignacio

This is a great addon, thank you very much for this having lots of fun with it.

Hi there. This looks just great, but after installing, the objects don't show up on the airfield from which I am taking of, never. Before doing things stupidely, one question: are these objects supposed on all airfields randomly or only on terrains called Canopic and RAF Canopic ? (sorry if this question is just silly...).

thanks for answering

as stated:

This add-on consists of a repopulation of RAF Canopic Airbase and Canopic, based on Piecemeal's DesertV. 4 terrain

my guess would be, just them 2 places!! You might have to use the mission editor to change 'start location' when flying a single mission to see them. Or, if close enough, use the free camera view to wander over and have a look see

Hi Wrench (yes, I am quite active these days...)

I did find the Canopic on the map (north part of the coast)  but not the RAF canopic. Could you indicate me where to look ?

Also, the mission editor of my SF2-Israel install doesn' allow me to change the location of my home base. Is it a bug ? :dntknw:

To be more precise, when I edit my mission, I don't see my aircraft on the map (the blue square with a plane logo), which I therefore cannot move. It's my only install which gives me this issue...(no Pb with Vietnam, North Atlantic Exp Pack and Nato Fighter 5)

thanks for your reply

I don't have that terrain, so can't really help in this instance.

the mission editor of my SF2-Israel install doesn't allow me to change the location of my home base.

It does sound like a bug, but I"ll have to check my SF2I install to test. However, I'll only be using the stock IsrealME map, as that mods folder is strictly middle east/israel only

@C.Pascal you are installing this mod on the Desert4 terrain aren’t you and not the stock Desert terrain?

9 hours ago, allenjb42 said:

@C.Pascal you are installing this mod on the Desert4 terrain aren’t you and not the stock Desert terrain?

Yes allenjb42, absolutelly

img00002.thumb.JPG.b2ae37c189e2dd285167af4a336b1653.JPG

Canopic is on the map (up left) but can't find RAFCanopic:dntknw:

thanks for anykind of help...

OK guys, my deepest apology for disturbing you :bad:

just check and now everything is fine :biggrin: (but don't ask me why ...)

RAF Canopic is mixed with Canopic, everything is in there (the terrain is absolutelly great !)

also, I can see the blue box of my group and therefore can change the air base

I definitelly will have lot of fun !

Take care

• Like 1

no disturbing, legitimate questions. THOSE are always welcomed!!  :drinks:

glad you got it fixed!