Sign in to follow this  
Coyote

British Royal Navy Phantoms to name a few

Just thought I would post a couple of screens of some of my new Phantoms available friday..five in all..

Bbirds.jpg

British Royal Navy 767th Squadron

VF114.jpg

Vf-114 "Aardvarks"

Guest Ranger332

8) :thumbup: nice as always

I'm diggin' that Fightin' Aardvarks skin.

Storm

Don't mean to be churlish but Ive never seen an RN bird in cammo & 767 was a training squadron.

767sqd_xt863_RN.jpg

Thats ok Buff, like I said in my skinning tutorial research is my first step. I did find the picture you have posted, but I went further then the first thing I found...I dug further and found that the 767 not only trained pilots for the RN but also the RAF. The RAF used this camo scheme. They also used the Navy Blue, since like I pointed out above they trained pilots from both services...heres the picture I chose to do the skin from...

767.jpg

Nice Vf-114 "Aardvarks" skin and RAF coyote! Ill be grabing them as soon as there up, like all the rest of your skins(well.. most of them) :D

Hi Coyote,

Thanks for the reply & I've looked into it a bit further.:oops:

I'll give you the win :)

Found a page (decal sheet) that I think that you got that from.

However, I also found (& I think more likely) that some of 767 squadron's F-4's were delivered in cammo not because they trained RAF pilots (the RAF had 228 OCU) but because those aircraft were already earmarked to go to the RAF (43 & 111 squadrons - my "local" ones) due to the Fleet Air Arms unexpectedly rapid draw down.

Of course, historically the F-4K was incompatible with the SUU-16/A and SUU-23/A gun pods which could prove a problem in SF :shock:

Now, if someone can just do an .ini to greatly reduce the amount of smoke & the changed engine performance of a Spey compared to a J79.

While I'm at it I might as well wish for someone to remodel the intakes, exhaust & nose to make it a proper F-4K...... :!:

Tailnote: that particular aircraft was scrapped at Leuchars in '91 or '92