Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Some thoughts about FFF

I think the most of you will have heared something about the Fridays-for-Future movement and their master figure Greta T., which has a growing influence here in Germany and in Europe, as we have seen in the last elections for the European Parliament.

The FFF movement declares, that it is an independent movement with the only aim to save the climate.

But is this true?

Follow the money, is an good advice.

I have done it for the german FFF.

What i found was: Donations for FFF have to give on a bank account which is owned by the Plant-for-Planet-Foundation. (https://fridaysforfuture.de/spenden/

The headmaster of the Plant-for-Planet Foundation is Frithjof Finkbeiner (https://www.plant-for-the-planet.org/de/footermenu/impressum

Frithjof Finkenbeiner is member of the Club-of-Rome  https://www.clubofrome.org/member/frithjof-finkbeiner/

One short look into Wiki: " the Club of Rome consists of current and former heads of state, UN bureaucrats, high-level politicians and government officials, diplomats, scientists, economists, and business leaders from around the globe "; with other words it is a thinktank, which makes money with predicting the end of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome

And this is a screenshot of the homepage of the Club-of-Rome today:

Bild2.thumb.jpg.e20695fb5fd428f21e34c7df6b721244.jpg

I think independence looks different.

Its a simple rule i have learned. If you want to rule over people, make them afraid of the apocalypse.

Hope they all stay home during summer, making vacation only in the neighborhood. 

Can't wait for the CO2 tax, as well. 

Always the little man has to pay! 

Quite a while ago, when climate scientists first warned us about warming, I spent some time thinking about it for myself, and came to the conclusion that they were right, and how, at each point in our history we got here. We didn't mean too, but we did it because we do things in this world without being aware of the connections between everything. We always have, throughout our history. The only thing that saddens me is how different we are than my father's generation. My father, my mother, my uncles, my aunts, they all grew up during the great depression, when there was no social safety net, and then came WW2. What did they do? They all volunteered to fight, or serve. They left friends around the world. It took my father 40 years to tell me he won the Bronze Star. It took my uncle 40 years to tell me he was wounded in the Hurtgen Forest. Why? Because they didn't boast. They weren't about themselves. They always wanted something better for their children than they had experienced, and that's where we have failed them. They were, I think, the greatest generation. We are not, and never will be known as such. I have had people say it to my face, that whatever world we leave behind is something our children will just have to deal with, and they don't care. What a shift in human character that is. Miss you, Mom, Dad, because now our children need you. They don't need us.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Heck said:

Quite a while ago, when climate scientists first warned us about warming, I spent some time thinking about it for myself, and came to the conclusion that they were right, and how, at each point in our history we got here. We didn't mean too, but we did it because we do things in this world without being aware of the connections between everything. We always have, throughout our history. The only thing that saddens me is how different we are than my father's generation. My father, my mother, my uncles, my aunts, they all grew up during the great depression, when there was no social safety net, and then came WW2. What did they do? They all volunteered to fight, or serve. They left friends around the world. It took my father 40 years to tell me he won the Bronze Star. It took my uncle 40 years to tell me he was wounded in the Hurtgen Forest. Why? Because they didn't boast. They weren't about themselves. They always wanted something better for their children than they had experienced, and that's where we have failed them. They were, I think, the greatest generation. We are not, and never will be known as such. I have had people say it to my face, that whatever world we leave behind is something our children will just have to deal with, and they don't care. What a shift in human character that is. Miss you, Mom, Dad, because now our children need you. They don't need us.

I couldn't agree more with your thoughts, I couldn't have expressed them better. I am at a loss for the world future generations will live in. I am a 24 year old and I see this careless behaviour in my generation as well. Not to hijack the thread, but the recent anti-abortion laws in some American states also scare me a lot. If we give birth to children irresponsibly, without the basic needs for their health and future development, we shouldn't be called human beings. We must strive to create a better future for our kids. To give birth to new creatures and then abandon them to their (unlucky) destiny void of love, is a huge sin in my view.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

All you have to do is look at the lives of the people who are shouting the loudest about climate change and how you have to give up luxuries to save the planet. I can't name one of them that isn't hypocritical. If you believe the planet is in danger, you don't just tell other people to change their ways. You set the example. Having huge mansions that consume tons of electricity and need tons of water for gardening, which also consumes tons of electricity, is not setting the example. Flying all over the world in your private jet or a chartered jet when you can use the internet to provide high definition live video and audio feeds is insane. Driving around in limos or large SUVs isn't exactly following the example either. Excusing all of this by claiming you are paying for "carbon credits" is the same as saying, "rich people can live anyway they want while middle and lower classes have to follow the rules."

• Like 3