Hey mate, just a quick question, reference your RAF Euro Pilots, with oxy mask, how difficult would it be for you to do another one, but rear facing as in the KAW pilots, there is one that is named KAWG and it is the exact same pilot model as the navigator and bomber pilot, but facing backwards, I could really use the RAF oxy dude with a rear facing profile so I can retrofit him in WWII bombers such as the Marauder and Mitchell etc. I have just replaced all the pilots and gunners on the B-26 marauder, and the kaw models are fine for the US versions of the aircraft but there is no RAF equivalent, hence my request.........look forward to hearing from you mate. :drinks:

Hmmmmm Geezer seems to be AWOL, any one else a pilot modeller, its my mission in life to free SF/FE from the awfulness that are the in sim gunners, most of them look like they have an extra large cucumber rammed up their jacksies !!! Please help me free out sim form thes abominations....ANYBODY ???!!!!????!!!!!

Menrva (iirc) made me a backwards facing pilot (navigator) for the A-3B (that never got finished. Let me see if I can reskin him and it "works". He did it via hex editing (I have NO idea how!), and I hope that I don't screw up what he did when I go into the LOD and rename the skin maps.

I'll get back to you in a few days, bro.

• Like 1

cheers buddy,  I REALLY do hate the gunner models they are dire, so bad in fact they can make the aircraft look terrible !!!  :drinks:

I assume it's only possible to define the pilot position and not the orientation in the ini file. Is this correct?
Then of course the orientation within the lod file must be changed. But it's not that difficult if one knows a little bit about the lod format :wink:.

Can you send me the lod file?

17 hours ago, Wrench said:

Menrva (iirc) made me a backwards facing pilot (navigator) for the A-3B.

Nope, that wasn't me, Wrench, sorry.

I have zero clue when it come to LOD manipulation, I cant afford to buy 3DS MAX or I would just make a new pilot from scratch , as far as I can see there is no possible way ( for my meagre understanding of lods / models) to rotate the pilot "in place" so it will need a completely new , I assume , LOD doing, but with the same jpgs applied to the model. These are the 2 Pilots I would be most interested in being converted to rear facing, I can then apply them to turrets or rear gunner positions ( in theory hahahaha) I would also include the German pilot that Geezer did, but for some unknown reason he never did one with an oxy mask, which seems a little strange , but I guess he had his reasons !! 

:clapping:

Italian Euro Pilot.7z

RAF Euro Pilot Oxy.7z

Edited by trotski00
  • Thanks 1

well, shoot, now I don't know who to credit. I guess I can find the old thread, and see who it was!

btw, it works... used the ww2 pilot skin, renamed to match, did NOT hex edit the lod, only renamed. Tested in the B-25J

I've attached the "TGunner" zip file.  Good thing SF2 uses individual folderized pilots!! Makes having differing models with 'same names' easier and safer!

rear_gunner.JPG

TGunner.7z

• Thanks 2

Smashing stuff Mue and Kev, I will test these out later on !!  :drinks:

• Like 1

OK then !! from this horror story ..........................img00016.thumb.JPG.5fd2d327be5aad072cd5728c1c8d8999.JPG

to this Epic Novel ...........................................img00014.thumb.JPG.1e4a8ebc57080f36feece34fdaebaae9.JPG

and of course from  this disaster movie...................................img00017.thumb.JPG.c305f868324d8fef1a1484b41101ba11.JPG

To this blockbuster................................................img00018.thumb.JPG.ef2a1487106644a762637155ed24bb87.JPG

Guess who is a Happy Crusader on the path of wiping out banana up bum gunners !!! no tested the others yet but no doubt about it they will be totally froody !! Thanks again guys for helping me along the path to purification harhaharhar :pilotfly:

• Like 2

That is really clever, thanks Mue.

I have just successfully followed your method and hex-edited another gunner figure, the standing up and forward-facing GerGunner2, so he now faces backwards.

Great work! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Its just a shame that Geezers excellent German aircrew arent wearing oxy masks, as was the norm, it wasn't common for masks not to be worn , except at low altitudes, and even then they were worn, especially RAF ones as they didnt use throat mics like the US and Luftwaffe did and the mic was in the mask itself . I have a feeling it was something to do with canopy damage , as a sudden in rush of cold air in the face at 200 plus mph can be rather distracting .

ive got these,did ages ago 1st pic...and one facing back...need to rescale lol...dwarves taking over...

with goggles on and mask,with goggles up and mask...and same for rear...did optional with mask down too.

if wanted will upload later...only thing is they move heads in unison...guess I can make one look left.when exported..then they will be independent ?...anyone know ?

img00008.JPG

img00006.JPG

img00001.JPG

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

I'll take 'em mate , if they are up for grabs, any decent pilots are appreciated .

only thing is they move heads in unison

:lol: Never heard of Nazis that DIDN'T move in lockstep!!! 

• Haha 1

here you go...rename to what you like as I did pilots ages ago with same names...

Gerpilot facing forwards...

Gerpilot3 facing backwards

heads now move independently..

WW2 pilots.7z

Edited by russouk2004

Cheers mate, will give them a test flight later on. :drinks: