SweetFX Tweak for WOFFue (for Bucksnort SweetFX Package)

Hello fellow WOFFue flyers,

Please find included with this post a very small package that includes my SweetFX settings file and d3d8 initialization files - this is a tweak of the settings file located in the JSGME-friendly Bucksnort SweetFX mod. that is/was available for WOFFue (see the relevant thread for WOFFue on the SimHQ forum for more download info. regarding SweetFX ver. 1.5.x and/or Bucksnort's JSGME-friendly patch: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4580409/re-sweetfx-for-woff-ue-mod#Post4580409).

Once you've downloaded the Bucksnort package (or SweetFX ver. 1.5.x and made it JSGME-friendly), read the directions included in the "Read Me" file in my package for how/where to copy over my settings file - which should give greater vibrancy, sharpness, and also very subtle bloom in WOFFue. Works particularly well on AMD cards but should work on any graphics card. See the pics. included with this post for a good example of improved grass color, among other things, with the SweetFX tweak.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

NOTE: These SweetFX tweaks only work with WOFF (Ultimate Ed.) up to ver. 4.18 or 4.21. The latest patches for the Ultimate Ed. (vers. 4.22, 4.24, etc.) - have changed the way shaders/shader calls work in WOFF - and SweetFX no longer works. SweetFX also doesn't work with the Platinum Ed. and BH&H2. Recommended instead for WOFF vers. 4.22 and later is ReShade and relevant, WOFF/WOTR-friendly ReShade presets.

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WOFFue, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor. :smile:

For those who like sharp, crisp visuals in their WOFFue, please find included below a zipped file that contains two alternate SweetFX settings files that go with my SweetFX tweaks package (for the Bucksnort SweetFX mod). You will find a "subtle bloom" and "no bloom" settings file included.

See pics. included further below for examples of how the subtle bloom looks (coupled with a Lod Bias value set to -1, by the way) - the scenery is now about as sharp as I can get it in WOFFue on my rig.

Also, for those running WOFFue on AMD cards, as indicated in my posts over on SimHQ, turn off terrain shadows (set to 0) in the relevant d3d8 ini files included with this SweetFX tweaks package, but feel free to enable cloud density and cloud shadow values - enabling cloud density/shadows gives aircraft shadows on the ground too, not only on the aircraft itself. I run a value of 3 for example for cloud density/shadow values, and with terrain shadows set to zero - there is no shadow flickering from my AMD cards. Higher cloud density/shadow values should be fine too, but might slightly shave off some of the framerate.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Shot06-19-19-22-38-23.jpg

Shot06-19-19-22-38-38.jpg

Shot06-19-19-22-39-57.jpg

VonS_SweetFX_WOFFue_ExtraSettingsFiles.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VonS

View File FM Tweaks for WoFFue/pe/bh&h2/WoTR1&2 (Consolidated)
      Hello fellow fliers of W0FFue/pe/bh&h2/WoTR1&2,
      Please find included in this FM tweaks "consolidated" package various folders that contain more than 50 FM mods in total for the UE/PE-era of WoFF, as well as an upgraded package for the BH&H2 ver. of WoFF, and a few FM modifications for Phases One and Two of WoTR. Check over the included Read Me files for more details and info.
      Cheers,
      Von S

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WoFFue/pe/bh&h2/WoTR, and RoF United, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor.
      Submitter VonS Submitted 08/08/2018 Category Modding Tools and Add-on Software  
    • By VonS
      Hello fellow fliers of W0FFue/pe/bh&h2/WoTR1&2,
      Please find included in this FM tweaks "consolidated" package various folders that contain more than 50 FM mods in total for the UE/PE-era of WoFF, as well as an upgraded package for the BH&H2 ver. of WoFF, and a few FM modifications for Phases One and Two of WoTR. Check over the included Read Me files for more details and info.
      Cheers,
      Von S

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WoFFue/pe/bh&h2/WoTR, and RoF United, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor.
    • By VonS
      Please find included with this post a very small package that includes my SweetFX settings file and d3d8 initialization files - this is a tweak of the settings file located in the JSGME-friendly Bucksnort SweetFX mod. that is/was available for WOFFue (see the relevant thread for WOFFue on the SimHQ forum for more download info. regarding SweetFX ver. 1.5.x and/or Bucksnort's JSGME-friendly patch: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4580409/re-sweetfx-for-woff-ue-mod#Post4580409).
      Once you've downloaded the Bucksnort package (or SweetFX ver. 1.5.x and made it JSGME-friendly), read the directions included in the "Read Me" file in my package for how/where to copy over my settings file - which should give greater vibrancy, sharpness, and also very subtle bloom in WOFFue. Works particularly well on AMD cards but should work on any graphics card. See the pics. included with this post for a good example of improved grass color, among other things, with the SweetFX tweak.
      Happy flying,
      Von S 
      NOTE: These SweetFX tweaks only work with WOFF (Ultimate Ed.) up to ver. 4.18 or 4.21. The latest patches for the Ultimate Ed. (vers. 4.22, 4.24, etc.) - have changed the way shaders/shader calls work in WOFF - and SweetFX no longer works. SweetFX also doesn't work with the Platinum Ed. and BH&H2. Recommended instead for WOFF vers. 4.22 and later is ReShade and relevant, WOFF/WOTR-friendly ReShade presets.
      DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WOFFue, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..