On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2019 at 12:52 PM, KJakker said:

The "T" tab in the upper left corner or using the R key on the keyboard does it now.

Thank you! :good:

Version 0.6.2 was uploaded.

Changelog:

Version 0.6.2
-corrected reading of ANSI files with non-ASCII characters
-caseinsensitive handling of node names (e.g. for showing collision, pivot points or bounding boxes of selected nodes)
-disabled mip maps. I hope this resolves the performance issues with hires (4K and above) textures. If not you can use the new option Settings->Display->"Limit Texture Resolution" to limit the (internal) texture resolution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Awesome Mue, really appreciate your continuing support on this.  How hard would it be to make a 32-bit compatible version though - just want to understand if that's a possibility or not?  I might be in the minority on this, but if not think it's a fair question (I use 32-bit for older support programs including 3DS MAX, PS, and a slew of older games, etc.)

On 17/06/2019 at 7:51 PM, pvince said:

No the option does not help but yes they are 4k, however, in 0.52 the same with 4k textures is not slow (only loading is longer).

Another remark from later use, version 0.6x is case sensitive for node names. If case is not exactly the same in the .LOD and in the data.ini, hitboxes and CollisionPoints will not show up when node is selected.

0.62 fixed both, just checked, and limit texture resolution even not needed. That's great. Thanks.

I really like the "Limit Texture resolution" feature, as a precaution against system difficulties, thanks Mue, and all decal options are now showing perfectly for me.

This is a great utility, made even greater by your attention to detail. I wish some of the commercial software companies I deal with had your attention to feedback and commitment to customer service. :biggrin:

• Like 3

AND..

we do all out stuff for FREE!!!

I'm always proud to see the level of dedication that this community puts into their work, wiether it's a skin/decal set, an add on ship or plane, or a utility like this one, and the others Mue's created for us.

My hat is off! :drinks:

• Like 11

A great asset to the community, Mue!  I haven't had any significant problems with using it over the last couple days, but I've found a model ( https://combatace.com/files/file/12642-sh-3d-seaking-for-sf2/ ) where the data populates but the map doesn't appear (see below) on one of the three LOD's in the package.  The other two LOD's seem to work fine.  It's likely a self-inflicted wound - do I have a setting (or something else) wrong or am I completely missing something?

image.thumb.jpeg.16574e36f5412078740e310669a40ec5.jpeg

3 hours ago, Silberpfeil said:

A great asset to the community, Mue!  I haven't had any significant problems with using it over the last couple days, but I've found a model ( https://combatace.com/files/file/12642-sh-3d-seaking-for-sf2/ ) where the data populates but the map doesn't appear (see below) on one of the three LOD's in the package.  The other two LOD's seem to work fine.  It's likely a self-inflicted wound - do I have a setting (or something else) wrong or am I completely missing something?

Yes, that model is special. It contains nodes (meshes) that are located 44000 and 100000 meters from the main part:

sh-3d_1.jpg.e468feab79f6b7c8b347fd56ce309b36.jpg

The LODViewer tries to show all nodes at once and therefore zooms way out.

If you want to see the helicopter you have to hide those "special" nodes and then click "Fit View":

sh-3d_2.jpg.e89b9019c671e1d44cddb6f453b1514d.jpg

If you want to see the "RescuedGuy" node you have to select that node, hide the unselected nodes and then click "Fit View".

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, swambast said:

Awesome Mue, really appreciate your continuing support on this.  How hard would it be to make a 32-bit compatible version though - just want to understand if that's a possibility or not?  I might be in the minority on this, but if not think it's a fair question (I use 32-bit for older support programs including 3DS MAX, PS, and a slew of older games, etc.)

Of course is a 32-bit version possible. But as I wrote I have to find the prebuilt dependency library package for 32-bit (unless I build those libraries myself). Maybe I can find them somewhere.
BTW. Do you know that you can run most 32-bit programs without problems on 64-bit Windows? Most likely you don't need a 32-bit Windows to run your old 32-bit programs.

Thanks, Mue, for both the explanation and the excellent tutorial - even I could follow it and it works great!  I'm not looking to add to your workload and I don't have much of an idea on how common this situation is with these model remote nodes/meshes installed so far away from the primary's map, but could this be automated in a future version?  

I finally tried out the new LOD viewer this morning (its been a rough time lately) and am very impressed. This was excellent for skins and making adjustments without having to fire the game up every time, now thats extended to tga. Especially useful to me and others that work tga based skins (see my airliners or Gepards MiGs for what i mean).

it is hard for me to get a spot on view on the nose arts i am working on, however i blame this on the size of the aircraft im working on not the viewer itself. also despite my joke to the contrary, i think i will still fire up the game every serials completed for a true in game look (ok including weapons too), but this gives a good view of the placement (even on far out ends!) and saves a good chunk of time.

a huge thank you sir for the work you've done

16 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

it is hard for me to get a spot on view on the nose arts i am working on, however i blame this on the size of the aircraft im working on not the viewer itself.

Maybe it helps to switch to orthographic projection by switching off the perspective projection. Have you tried the side (left/right) views. And then to pan the view either with mouse (shift + left mouse) or keybord (shift + arrow keys)? You can also set the view control "sensitivity" in Extras->Settings->Control.

@mue I found an issue with LODViewer_v0.6.2. When viewing some of WhiteBoySamurai's ships when I click upon certain meshes used as pivot points for VLS missile and SBROC launchers it causes LODViewer to crash. I believe it is related to a "Material ID" issues as these are intended to not be visible in game.

Below are screen captures of WhiteBoySamurai's DDG-72 variant of his DDG-51 shown in LODViewer v0.5.2, which has no problem with the related meshes and then contrasted with LODViewer v0.6.2 which crashes.

LODViewer v0.5.2 pivot point meshes highlighted, note the "Material ID" listed...

2019-08-30_104232_LODViewer_v0.5.2.thumb.JPG.7cda4aaf394247381e2975fe83634769.JPG

2019-08-30_105035_LODViewer_v0.5.2.thumb.JPG.6780c2009f62d913f15a8212c9d98296.JPG

...Vs. LODViewer v0.6.2, note the difference in the "Material ID" number contrasted with above...

2019-08-30_105550_LODViewer_v0.6.2.thumb.JPG.616c572c6fde5e6e19a624535104acb9.JPG

2019-08-30_110017_LODViewer_v0.6.2.thumb.JPG.286ee05903799e5f1c80b418e3195076.JPG

...Crashed when pivot point mesh clicked upon.

2019-08-30_110109_LODViewer_v0.6.2.thumb.JPG.e0a96a9d8582f111d0246944d5f6eabd.JPG

1 hour ago, KJakker said:

@mue I found an issue with LODViewer_v0.6.2. When viewing some of WhiteBoySamurai's ships when I click upon certain meshes used as pivot points for VLS missile and SBROC launchers it causes LODViewer to crash. I believe it is related to a "Material ID" issues as these are intended to not be visible in game.

Bug confirmed!

Version 0.6.3 was uploaded.

Changelog:

Version 0.6.3
-bugfix: selection of nodes without material crashed the program

• Thanks 4

it no workee rite for me. it does start to a blank window. But, i discorered i can access the menu functions by clicking whee the menu or too bar would be. I tried to open a LOD and it crashed.  Oh, i did install the redistributables. (I believe have visual c++ on here anyway...maybe that's code blocks anyway...no luck.

Am running windows 7 pro, and will use the compatibility feature to see if it will work that way.

Thanks tho, will be useful.

OK, the addition of being able to load decals....so awesome.  Biggest thing since this tool came to light.

Requests -

1.  Add a button like reload decals to reload the skin.

2.  If you can pull the decals in, can you get the pilots to show?  (not a big thing)

4 hours ago, 10107 said:

OK, the addition of being able to load decals....so awesome.  Biggest thing since this tool came to light.

Requests -

1.  Add a button like reload decals to reload the skin.

2.  If you can pull the decals in, can you get the pilots to show?  (not a big thing)

Reload skin reloads decals too ...why need another button ?...lol   I use it to fine tune mine..or change them...easier than in 3dsmax then in game then max again

Pilots and seats would be useful for positionning them and adjusting hitboxes. Following the same idea, also the weapons could be great. In a first step, only one weapon on only one station could be good enough. With one list to define the station, and another one to select the weapon.

• Like 1

never had ANY problems adjusting pilot hit boxes. Weapons? Why would that even be necessary?

25 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Weapons? Why would that even be necessary?

Because some weapons have non-standart 3d files, made for specific plane (for example including racks) and it could be cool to see weapon position in LODviewer.

Also some weapons have many versions, so again you can choose the best looking one ;-)

Finally it can be good addon for setting weapon stations and loadouts.

this could be a very useful tool. For setting positions, angles of weapons, pilots fake pilots, etc.... but in that case, lodviewer should read data ini file ? for coordinates?

edit:

of course, no sweat...we can do this old way...

Edited by yakarov79

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

never had ANY problems adjusting pilot hit boxes. Weapons? Why would that even be necessary?

For adjusting attachment position and angles in data.ini, for example, for external stations but also internal (interferences or weapons seen outside of the closed bay).

1 hour ago, guuruu said:

Because some weapons have non-standart 3d files, made for specific plane (for example including racks) and it could be cool to see weapon position in LODviewer.

Also some weapons have many versions, so again you can choose the best looking one ;-)

Finally it can be good addon for setting weapon stations and loadouts.

Exactly

39 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

this could be a very useful tool. For setting positions, angles of weapons, pilots fake pilots, etc.... but in that case, lodviewer should read data ini file ? for coordinates?

edit:

of course, no sweat...we can do this old way...

LODviewer does already read data.ini (hitboxes, collisionpoints, component names and maybe other things I forget).

Yeah, not skins data.inis I meant.

A lot of stuff I take on as a project has some bad  min max boxes (old files).  The button would be great vice file - select last loaded ini.  Then sometimes in my install on how I load the ini, it doesn't add it to the list. So Reload Data.ini button.  :)

Question about decals.  It displays level 0 decals but not the rest.  Level 2 where the serials live.    I don'ty know what I'm missing as I see serial numbers showing in other screenshots.  If I change the serials decal level to 0 in the ini and reload, they show.

image.thumb.png.01edb31256c786884846a9ee55a61248.png