Bomber mission, only two aircraft available . Still no fix ?

• Like 1

If you mean flyable missions with a Bomber aircraft, those are not supported by the game. Just order the wingman or a flight to attack your target, and the game will CTD.

AI bombers are fine though, I see them in their usual big formations. If you fly with a Bomber aircraft, most likely the game is forced to use the fighter jet formation types defined in the FORMATION.INI file, hence why you get two aircraft in some missions. The formation types can be tweaked, but that CTD issue I explained above will most likely remain.

when intercepting, it shows large bomber formation. there has to be a way

You can add more aircraft to your own/players flight in the Roster menu ..  click on the pilot lines to add/remove them.

14 hours ago, Menrva said:

If you mean flyable missions with a Bomber aircraft, those are not supported by the game. Just order the wingman or a flight to attack your target, and the game will CTD.

AI bombers are fine though, I see them in their usual big formations. If you fly with a Bomber aircraft, most likely the game is forced to use the fighter jet formation types defined in the FORMATION.INI file, hence why you get two aircraft in some missions. The formation types can be tweaked, but that CTD issue I explained above will most likely remain.

Never had this issue ...

img00002.thumb.JPG.68a14433984cf8dcc2562797c834ebd9.JPG

I suffered this problem, when the target is far (5 miles or more) maybe CTD, near the target always CTD

3 hours ago, paulopanz said:

Never had this issue ...

I didn't go into details, but to me it happens, with modern bombers. It's due to other types of weapons I think. WW2 bombers carry dumb bombs, not guided missiles and bombs. I had the issue with B-52s and the Vulcan. Since then, I make them AI only, as meant by TW.

50 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I didn't go into details, but to me it happens, with modern bombers. It's due to other types of weapons I think.

I had this issue when changed Tonka from fighter to bomber even with freefalls. My clue are internal guns. However it's very mysterious ;-)

Sometimes I have CTD sometimes not...few days ago I flew Blinder with Kh-22; ordered wingman to attack a target from some ridiculous distance... and no CTD even mission complete...nothing unusual. When I flew a similar mission next .. the same procedure ..and then CTD.

• Haha 1

What's for sure is that it happens with AircraftRole=Bomber, as I and guuruu previously stated. Those planes with AircraftRole=Fighter do not have the bug. Hence why I say that bombers are better left to the AI, as meant by TW.

Edited by Menrva

I never got a CTD, and when I ask my wingman to attack my target , it does

Edited by Veltro2k

2 minutes ago, Veltro2k said:

I never got a CTD, and when I ask my wingman to attack my target , it does

with AircraftRole=Bomber  ? 

I realy don't know what are you talking about ...

img00024.JPG

I have not had any issues with the player being the lead in a bomber formation either. The only problem is that there is not a way to make your flight drop bombs together in formation on command.

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

with AircraftRole=Bomber  ? 

yep ....this is my wingman

img00013.JPG

img00014.JPG

img00015.JPG

img00016.JPG