Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Cockpits coming to Mobile Strike Fighters

Interesting... :hi:

I hope TW keeps in mind (somewhere) the original SF2/FE2 community ! :rolleyes:

Six years ago... the last July 2013 SF2 update.

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 2

Cockpits are a nice start... but the mobile games are still along way from the original SFP1, much less SF2.

Fortunately for me, I can mostly get what I wanted out of SF2 from DCS World. But you still can't beat SF2 for the plane set. SF2 also remains the best sim for Korea, Vietnam, and Arab-Israeli Wars. It has all the right terrains with all the right ground objects and all the right aircraft. I tried all of the mobile games and have the PC version, but I never play them. 

• Like 2

I agree with Coupi....

once they're finished, one can only hope for SF2 DLCs for those birds. Would be an addition to the revenue stream, as I know MANY of us would jump at the chance to add them to the stock 3W Hanger.

Mobile games, I just can't see they're value/use. (of course, I've never tried any of them ... so my opinion is not fully valid)

• Like 2

The mobile games look impressive for a tablet/phone game. But the simulation value is negligible.

It is wishful thinking to believe TK will ever release anything else for SF2. He doesn't even officially support it being installed past Windows 7.

If anything good is going to come of this, it is that the mobile game will eventually morph into SF3. But as it stands now, the PC version is a very basic port. It could not handle having all of my flight sim USB hardware installed. You have to have only one game controller device connected to guarantee correct behavior. The best device for playing the PC version is an Xbox controller, which is sad.

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

I agree with Coupi....

once they're finished, one can only hope for SF2 DLCs for those birds. Would be an addition to the revenue stream, as I know MANY of us would jump at the chance to add them to the stock 3W Hanger.

Mobile games, I just can't see they're value/use. (of course, I've never tried any of them ... so my opinion is not fully valid)

Totally agree; the aircraft set as DLC would sell like mad!  .. at least I'd buy them all!:biggrin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

I agree, but not all aircraft are adapt for the SF2 Cold War environment. They even modelled modern aircraft (F-22s, Eurofighters, etc.) and we do not have the features to accurately reproduce their avionics. Also, they are using the Unity engine for the mobile games, which is not the TW engine.

For a beginning, I'd rather see bugfixes for SF2, for issues that were never addressed with weapons and AI. Then, only then, new features.

• Like 2

Actually I became quite an avid player of the android game. I works just fine on a tablet, for a quick "lite SF-2" game on the go. But I still hope someday to see this plane set on a true PC game

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sophocles said:

the aircraft set as DLC would sell like mad!

I believe third party aircraft pool still beats any future TW releases. 

Honestly, we just need updated, bugfixed engine...community can handle models. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

Honestly, we just need updated, bugfixed engine...community can handle models. 

Exactly!

It is wishful thinking to believe TK is ever going to patch SF2 or add new content. He would sooner delete all the options to purchase the SFP1/WoX/SF2 games to eliminate any form of tech support and focus on his income: the free-to-play mobile games.

Maybe reborn MicroProse calls and TK will help create successors of Strike-Eagle, EAW, Fleet Defender, etc. Just dreaming though.

Edited by phispooky
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, cockpit have been released today, so far only a F-16 cockpit. And it's not too bad at all. A lot of fun on a tablet.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, stuntman said:

Well, cockpit have been released today, so far only a F-16 cockpit. And it's not too bad at all. A lot of fun on a tablet.

Agreed.  I am fairly impressed with the amount of detail put into it, especially for a mobile game.