Does anybody have access to the original templates for the B-26 and the B-25 ? Trying to reverse engineer new templates from just a skin is a real pain in the Botty ! Not impossible as I have done it before, but it is a real nuisance and very time consuming doing it this way, so if anyone has the originals and are willing to let me have a copy, I would be much obliged chaps. :pilotfly:

If you have a good all silver skin it's quite a snap to make a template ...

• Like 2

trotski00,

I don't have access to any original B-25 or B-26 templates.  But if you are looking for a template for the old SF1 B-26 Marauder, I've attached one I did sometime back.

If it's not what you're looking for, ignore this.

It's got a few wiggles in the lines when placed on the lod, and needs more work...  so, pretty much as is.  Please feel free to improve it.

A couple of pics:

B-26-1.thumb.jpg.e296289cafcde7c194edc0444a897640.jpg

B-26-2.thumb.jpg.63e2cef787fc9f1fcd8ba0edfbb5f711.jpg

Geary

B-26_Marauder.7z

• Thanks 1

OOh yes that is very nice of you sir !! like I say better than doing the breaking down  a skin dance :drinks:

1 hour ago, paulopanz said:

If you have a good all silver skin it's quite a snap to make a template ...

Yes I know, its do able , but its time consuming and a bit of a bind to be honest, just trying to make my life a little easier mate !! 

We're talking about Veltro's B-26 and B-25 right?? 

who do you thing did the (original) skins for the Mitchell???

and, I have a full set of home-growns for the B-26 as well

and new data inis with fully corrected hit boxes for all versions (ETO, MTO, PTO) for both aircraft

(I STILL am the main ww2 guy around here, even if i'm haven't done anything new in a while)

b26_hit_boxes.jpg

• Like 2

Yes I know Kev, it was a subtle hint for you to pipe up lol. I have most of the available Marauders off of here, and I'm trying to do some new skins and markings , I know there are only 3 main colour schemes for the Aircraft , however I want to fiddle around with them a bit, add weathering, and correct a few of the panel lines etc.

here is my initial go, but I want to improve on this if at all possible

img00001.thumb.JPG.9751a6642766bd7d811bcc7a5ebaa42c.JPGimg00002.thumb.JPG.0202718489a7f43c27b07137aab63c81.JPGimg00003.thumb.JPG.7f89a85b023fb74df8263934ce0ba2b0.JPG

Edited by trotski00
  • Like 1

Also they are lovely aircraft , I am a big fan of twin engined mediums !! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trotski00 said:

Also they are lovely aircraft , I am a big fan of twin engined mediums !! 

Me too ;-) The best planes for fun !

• Like 1

Yes A lot of them handle like heavy fighters, and they just look so neat and tidy.

• Like 1

And B-26 is Spitfire of medium bombers. Just looks like movie star ;-)

B-25 is also beauty, but hasn't this agression ;-)

Edited by guuruu
  • Like 1

A-26 Invader even more so, with the 8 gun nose big ouch if you are on the receiving end of those !! But yes the Marauder is a very handsome beast , the Boston /Havoc were not bad either.

7 minutes ago, trotski00 said:

Boston /Havoc were not bad either.

Same as Mossie, but they are light bombers rather ;-) Or attack planes.

Edited by guuruu

They must have been good as they were still in service in Vietnam.

I would KILL to get a new Havoc/Boston in the hangar... the "other one" has a lot of flaws. Somewhere around here I have the early work up MAX files for A-20 that Cocas started ... but, well, you know the story...

I just wish the B-26 didn't have the mesh & shadow issues it does.  Speaking of the Marauder, don't forget the RAF anti-shipping units in the Eastern Med (THEY have the 2-tone desert camo in their North Africa mod. It would be easy to copy it on the new template, but I don't like being accused of plagerism (sp?)  )

I like the B-25 more the B-26, probably because my father saw lots of them in 44/45 when he was in the Phillipines (US Army). AND 50% of them were built just south of me near it is now LAX.

Well, here they are ... all layers are intact with those from my skins, so enjoy!

B-25 - veltro2k.7z

b-26 marauder -v2k.7z

• Thanks 1

Yes mate I have the original RAF 14 squadron scheme, I am unsure of where it came from now, as I dont see it on here , but I also want to do the MkII/ III  marauder that were used buy the South African squadrons img00004.thumb.JPG.be7af77d70021328037e8aef88dbe7dc.JPGimg00005.thumb.JPG.9a3d75a108e74406d64368bce8a7b2c8.JPG

Speaking of glitches with the shadows, have you also noticed that there is a decal bleed glitch on the Port rear fuselage, just forward of the tail gun mount, only seems to happen on the port side for some reason, also the other little annoyance is the Starboard side engine, its miles off centre............like this img00006.thumb.JPG.c4977b25366448ee82509b97353ebf45.JPG

Also the canopy framing on the tailgunners cockpit is wrong fro a Marauder MkI 

I have no such qualms about plagerism, if someone has a problem they can come speak to me face to face, if they want to mess with a 6' 2" hairy arsed biker that is hehehehehehe

There are so many nice WWII and pre war aircraft that are crying out to be modelled on THIS site, they seem to get a little overlooked, we could do with some all new early Spits for a start, and some early 109's would be nice too.

Edited by trotski00