while going through my Sabre archives, I stumbled across this. I'd completely forgotten Zur had sent me this (along with his incomplete F6F Hellcat), ages ago. Meaning, he sent me the MAX files for these birds. I know there's several people (well more than I few I'm guessing) that would like to see the last Sabre in their Hangars

It needs skinning, FM work, animations (possibly) straightened out. Maybe even world center reset (as the view in game is shifted forward). But the control surfaces have been cut and animated, landing gear & flaps work (oddly, not listed when seen in the LOD Viewer!!!). 

So, is there any 3d Guru that might be able to finish this off? I can handle most of the other stuff (skins and FM can't be too hard, if the FM is based off the F-86F)

Only fully capable interested parties need apply!

Let's see if we can't bring this one home!

f86h_zur.JPG

zur_f86h_view.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Oh yes please!!!

• Like 1

We have been NEEDING an "H" since the Sabres first came out !!! 

• Like 2

This would be great to fly the "Hog" ! :good:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 4

Ive been dreaming of this one for a long time. I hope that it can someday get finished and released. 

• Like 3

Nice. Good catch.

I watched the Mummy movie the other night. So i'll say it needs skin.

CL

image.thumb.jpeg.24a50d3ff1f1b7c8889b76047be910cb.jpeg

• Like 2

no, Russ, it not mapped at all

---

CL: is that Imhotep's Sabre??? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd have to reinstall MAX, which I haven't bothered to do after the HD crash in December, and subsequent rebuild (since i never learned to use it!!). I'd also have to find the disc where MAX is stored!!! May take a bit.

I do know I sent it to Raven, when he was still around, for finishing, final skinning, and so forth. But that was 3-4 years ago. I remember looking at it IN MAX, the wing fold, canopy opens, hook and gear to their things. The base "body" was a -5, and Raven was going to cut the aft windows to also make the -3.

Wish I could help - Don't have the skills...................Been wishing for this member of the Sabre family for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. Hope she makes it to the battle! :clapping:

Nice video you posted there guys, will really love to see this plane coming up.

All it takes is some 3d guy to have a look at the MAX file I have. (but I'm not very hopefull ... that file may NOT be as complete as the in-game version shown. I just don't know enough about MAX to really "see" what the model is doing.

BTW, here's a MAX screen shot of the Hellcat. You can see it's a -5 without the rear window.

zur_hellcat.jpg

• Like 5

This Sabre is a bit cursed, so long hanging around and never finished...

tell me about it ...

• Sad 2

good enough!

btw, I reinstalled Max 2009, and the max file I have may not be the full aircraft. Only parts show up. Mind you, I can barely work it enough to OPEN the file!! (yah, I suck at that!!)

lol some meshes may be hidden...right click in viewport and clich unhide all

that did the trick. like I said, i don't know how to work this thing!!:biggrin:

Russ I'll send the whole thing along to you in a day or so

thanks!

unhidden hog.jpg

• Like 2

no worries...salvaging my lost model of this...hawker..navy version..other 2 versions are ok.....it was incomplete.and its temps...temps done...just re mapping odd bits of other version Hawkers to make the naval one...

had to remake a few bits and salvaged some from game....lost fuel probe...got it back...and had to make some more changes to get it back like one in pics,this where mues lod viewer invaluable...looking at old lod to see how I mapped bits and what I need remake...much easier

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 5

Sabres cockpit wasnt animated because no slots...so moved flaps to same slot...dunno why seperate lol...map it 2048x2048 and 3072x3072 4096 is too big...it can be reduced then if people wish

moved cog as it was more or less by pilots seat...its now nearer where should be..near wing chord...model was in feet...but back to metres and its correct size..L 11.9mx11.8 ws

Image1.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

This is OUTSTANDING! Been hoping for this model of the Sabre family for ever.......................Thanks to you for making it happen, much appreciated!

• Like 1

when I ran the animations in Mue's Viewer, it seemed REALLY odd the gears each had their own. 

this is great Russ!! Many thanks! 

I also found hiding in my KAW mods folder, Fast Cargo's (uncompleted) F-84B/C Thunderjets from 2010. Seem like they just need skinning & FM work

fastcargo_f84b-c.JPG

• Like 5

On ‎30‎.‎06‎.‎2019 at 3:10 AM, Wrench said:

when I ran the animations in Mue's Viewer, it seemed REALLY odd the gears each had their own. 

this is great Russ!! Many thanks! 

I also found hiding in my KAW mods folder, Fast Cargo's (uncompleted) F-84B/C Thunderjets from 2010. Seem like they just need skinning & FM work

Not sure if i remember it correct, but i guess i did highrez temps for the KAW F-84E / G....