Hi everyone!

I would like to know if it is possible to simulate in SF2 the effects of chemical weapons on unprotected ground troops?

Thanks

Hello!

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

The use of chemical weapons is a war crime. It is a violation of the Convention of Geneva.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Why would you want to ? as someone one of whose  prime job in the Forces was CBRN Warfare, ie detection and decontamination, , I know how damned nasty Chemical warfare is, so i suggest forgetting that rather peculiar idea, and go back to killing and maiming by conventional means alone !!! If you really must cause mass death and destruction , there are of course Nuclear options in the Sim, however the chances are you will blow yourself to the Happy Hunting Grounds along with all the other poor buggers , wildlife, flora, and other unassuming and innocent bystanders !!! :yikes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, alex2000 said:

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if it is possible to simulate in SF2 the effects of chemical weapons on unprotected ground troops?

Thanks

Hello!

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English.

Since the SF2 engine is all about kinetic and explosive weapons impacts, that would require a change in the game code.  

That said, using chemical weapons or biological weapons is very much a war crime in the real world...

• Like 2

In short, NO. As said above, how can you simulate B/C weapons when the objects don't breathe?

There's still plenty of napalm and cluster bombs for you blasting pleasures...

• Like 3

I tried messing around with something like this about a decade ago. You can't simulate the AoE damage that a chemical/biological agent would have, so you're limited to the kind of kinetic effects of a bomb or missile (direct attack, small area of effect), BUT you can alter the crater and smoke effects. I was able to change the colour of the smoke and make it a little more persistent, but that was about the best I could manage. So technically, it's possible to produce a weapon that has similar visual effects with some tinkering, but without any real tactical value-- anything you hit will still explode as per usual, the only difference being the munition's crater looking like a chemical 'smoke' plume.

...and for the people banging on about the legality of chemical weapons, we still have cluster munitions in this game, and they're currently outlawed in all the civilised parts of the world. :wink:

41 minutes ago, SayWhatt said:

We still have cluster munitions in this game, and they're currently outlawed in all the civilised parts of the world. :wink:

Well cluster bombs are still being made and used by the Russians and if North Korea pours over the border into South Korea, the US & South Korea will use them.  See HERE for South Korea, and here for the nuanced United States position

Very relevant to me, Japan has destroyed its cluster munition stockpile.  Japan, being home of the first two of as of 15 June 2019 two nuclear weapons uses in anger and of sarin in domestic terrorism will be among the last to use WMD.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wrench said:

In short, NO. As said above, how can you simulate B/C weapons when the objects don't breathe?

There's still plenty of napalm and cluster bombs for you blasting pleasures...

I think we should better to have  much white smoke for it.its enough......of course its my opinion...........

22 minutes ago, kurdistan1 said:

I think we should better to have  much white smoke for it.its enough......of course its my opinion...........

retro-agent-orange-articleLarge.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 2:07 PM, JosefK said:

Well cluster bombs are still being made and used by the Russians and if North Korea pours over the border into South Korea, the US & South Korea will use them.  See HERE for South Korea, and here for the nuanced United States position.

Hence why I said 'civilised' dude.  :wink:

Also Kurd, if a defoliant style dispenser is what you're after like in the photo you posted, I pretty positive someone made smoke generators in one of the weapons pack. Again, it'll allow you to simulate it, but will have zero tactical value in-game.

13 hours ago, SayWhatt said:

I pretty positive someone made smoke generators in one of the weapons pack. Again, it'll allow you to simulate it, but will have zero tactical value in-game.

Interesting