Sign in to follow this  
MarkEAW

The DXWrapper (from elishacloud) for Win10

I just found this source for a Wrapper, unfortunately I have not tested it as its directions to install and use seems still primitive.
From what I gather its designed for old games used on Windows 10.
It appears to be coded from several different projects that had goals on improving old games on Windows.
(This isn't the DXWND)

Here's the web link: 

https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper

If you can help me get the Released program working with EAW, I'll give it a try. I'm hopeful that its better than DXWND and lighter, less demanding.

No brave souls to help me with testing it out?

I'll get to it, it would just be helpful with some input.

I downloaded it, although I'm on Windows 7, just to see if it would be an alternative to DgVoodoo, but it's incomprehensible to me.

Thanks anyhow. The instructions for it seem to be thin. There on that web site somewhere.

Its for DirectX Mode too.

I think you configure it then place certain dll's and the configuration file into the EAW folder.

Like i said before, ill have to look into it later.

• Like 1

Well I ran version v1.0.2383.20 of this wrapper quickly. Its GUI is very similar to the DXWND wrappper, except theres some extra settings not in the DXWND. (and many missing, I think)
Too similar meaning it might still lag/stutter during flight, I'm hoping this wrapper is better and less demanding. We'll see.

It appears you can use the GUI to launch and use the wrapper and EAW, but it insists all you need is the dll and a special ini file that the dll will use.

I also seen 3DFX option built in, but it might need the 3dfx dlls.

EDIT:
I've tested it quickly again, this time with some settings and running EAW in a window. It stutters just like DXWND. So I'm not even going to add it to my help docs, but I'll keep a link to it on my EAW links page.

If theres a way to contact the author of this specific wrapper, please let me know, I couldn't find an e-mail addy. I'd like to know how it works with EAW which uses directdraw and direct3d in DX6.0 and since it stutters I need to know if theres a way to stop it from doing that.

Edited by MarkEAW