agathosdaimon

awaiting registration and downloading game files query

hi

I just bought Canvas Knights yesterday and am still just waiting on the serial key to activate the full game, but in the meantime wanted to get all teh vehicles and missions for the game - and i see the full game install instructions directs one to getting these from the site here,  but the combatace site only allows 5 downloads a day - this would mean it would take weeks to get all the files? am i correct, this seems a little unfair
is there a way around this so i can get all the files i need now ?

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

"Unfair"?

This is a site which runs solely on volunteers and enthousiasts...
You might want to think about a donation or a paid membership in appreciation, and to keep things as they are...
Coming here and almost demanding that you leech the site is just rude...

• Like 2

my apologies

i did just buy the game so i am not doing this without some cost, i only just came across all this so i misunderstood, i took the mods to be from the company - i am not familiar with all this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agathosdaimon said:

my apologies

i did just buy the game so i am not doing this without some cost, i only just came across all this so i misunderstood, i took the mods to be from the company - i am not familiar with all this

That is okay we all make mistake or misunderstand anyway if you need to download more than 5 you can pay for a membership (like what Muesli stated)and download as much as you need.

On 20.06.2019 at 9:03 AM, agathosdaimon said:

combatace site only allows 5 downloads a day - this would mean it would take weeks to get all the files?

Just arm yourself with patience. Limiting the number of downloads is a general procedure for ALL members, except for those who have bought unlimited access.

https://combatace.com/store/category/1-subscription-plans/?view=list

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 1

my initial anxiety also got me a bit hasty with it all too, as i bought canvas knights and then saw the forum had no general discussion since 2015 and i panicked that perhaps the game might be abandoned or dormant (a bit like Histwar and Jutland) - thankfully with the responses here it seems not the case and i have got the serial key now so i am happy about that. I am sorry i am not a modder myself, i just like WW1 aviation games, ones like Flying Corps Gold and Blue Max are personal favorites, - though the promise of being able to even command WW1 ships and tanks in this game made me come to it before considering Wings over Flanders Fields.

If I knew how to mod or had the time to learn it i would - would love to make tanks and ships.

• Like 1

Hi Agathosdaimon,

Your game key was sent to you by e-mail this morning as you know we talked by PM.

CombatAce site is a very good site with very nice people, just take things slowly and everything will work out for you here.

Greetings,

Deutschmark

• Like 2

Agathosdaimon,

The members bought you a trial membership. It's been added to your account. Enjoy.

E

• Like 4

okay thankyou very much that is very kind. I dont have alot of expendable cash at the moment - it always depends on my work month to month, but i can certainly do a membership for a while i think, thanks - you mentioned the members bought it? i though got a renew notice, so i just have put a payment through for that myself -

Edited by agathosdaimon
  • Like 1

Hard to read what you wrote. However, the current membership is active. The renewal which is to renew the current running subscription is not active. You can ignore the renewal notice if you wish.

sorry i didnt parse it out enough, thank you regarding the membership. I did though send through a payment for the membership, as I saw it before I checked the forum