13 hours ago, JosefK said:

Will the Grad fire its rockets?

yep, i believe ;) This is my first  vehicle so its possible i will need help with ini scripting. or may be not. i dont know yet

34Bmc.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Who knows why this happened with wheels? Normals? Normals is normal in max file. hmmmmmmmmmm...

34Lcw.jpg

34Ld5.jpg

• Like 2

Damn it. i tried to flip normals and resutts is the same. may me convert to something and back. mmm to lazy to rebuild. ahhhgh. But they are firing goood...

34Lfv.jpg

• Like 1

did you try to assign different material for wheels ?

wheels are editable poly or mesh?  

• Like 1

Yeah, if you've used modifiers like XForm esp. collapse your modifier stack so it's editable mesh only - and sometimes helpful is the Unify function.

• Like 1

I had this problem....what it was....I copied a part and didnt reset is so it was actually flipped ...after resset xform and convert to mesh ,then flip normals.it was ok

• Like 1

Yes i used Xform.

yes its editable poly. i tried to convert it to9 edit mesh and back withy the same result. materials only one for complete vehicle (its not ready yet, the textures i mean).

I think i will try to convert the wheels to the obj format and back. If i canty fix it i wil rebuild whells again.

Well if you XFormed it and it had errors in it you're basically stuck as you can't really undo that - if the orig mesh has issues and you Xform it will definitely make your problem worse.  Before Xform, go back to your original mesh and ensure you don't have issues such as open edges, unwelded verts, double-faces that kind of thing.  Then I would suggest converting the wheel to editable mesh (not editable poly as there is a difference) - and see if that works.  Or just upload your max file or just the wheel or whatever if you want and I'm sure between one of us we can take a quick look.

• Like 2

polys sometimes for me dont work properly in game....smooth wheels when you have done and convert to mesh when closing smooth modifier... rather than poly see if that works.

yeah converting to poly I find breaks vertices...I never export as poly if poss.

does lod viwer show broken mesh ?...saves time loading in game if it does...send max fil via pm can see if find summat you missed mebbe.

Edited by russouk2004

i mirrored it and then attached all wheels together. i thionk it happened after this operation. i will try to rollback it tomorrow. may be this is the reason of errror

Edited by bazillius

OK, good luck - and as Russ says send to us via PM if you want a different perspective on things..

And Russ is right, your final modifier should really be editable mesh and the recommended way to export properly is to collapse the entire stack to editable mesh.  

• Like 2

yes one wheel is okay. it is after clone and after mirroring and attaching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazillius said:

materials only one for complete vehicle

does not matter.  assign a different material to wheels only. 

if you clone and then mirror etc...and then resetXform..you have to flip polys. 

• Like 1

The issue here is that game doesn't support rocket artillery. Does anyone know how to make it work?

AFAIK Snailman had been working on this and he had found a way to make rocket artillery functional but It's long time since I read a post from him.

Edited by tiopilotos

Crusader had them working in SF1/Wo* more than 10 years ago. And they still work. 

Part of the issue is viewport height (altitude?) S/B set over 2km above the vehicle, so it can "see" to the horizon (more or less) same as ground and naval artillery.

We also have working SCUDs (the stock ones, iirc)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bazillius said:

i mirrored it and then attached all wheels together.

better to use symmetry. 

make a wheel , resetxform, uvmapp, set pivot point to X=0, apply symmetry on x axis. then again symmetry on y axis. You have 4 wheels. fast and easy.

• Like 1

For goodness sakes, why not just take a "good" wheel, clone it and rotate it as needed!  In my opinion, you don't need to be messing around with symmetry, mirroring, or any of those other modifiers that are just more likely to make things worse - to me this seems like the easiest and "safest" way unless I'm misunderstanding something?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swambast said:

why not just take a "good" wheel, clone it and rotate it as needed! way unless I'm misunderstanding something?  

cuz i dont search easy ways)) this is not interesting :biggrin: i like mirroring

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

all ways are good. One way or another... But

If you will clone and rotate, your 'new' object will have rotated pivot points...(not important in this particular object but still) yes you can rotate via element but if your object has few elements..then rotating this way is futile. 

if you will clone and mirror... your new object will have rotated pivot points also...plus fliped polys. - of course, you are flipping it..but still...(again not important here)

If you will use symmetry pivot points remain the same all the time.  Not important here...but in some other model might be useful. 

• Like 1

sure. but. the problem appeared in unexpected place. thats why mirroring. cuz this is easy and usefull. in other games all is okay and with enother softs kinda blender mirroring always okay.

images not showing up.

I know arty is supported ... I figured out how to make it work in 1stGens around 2005. 

• Like 1

Try to clikcl on link. i see its not shown. something going wrong with forum

• Thanks 1