Sign in to follow this  
Geary

F-84E/G Thunderjet Redrawn Lines, Rivets, etc..

F-84E/G Thunderjet Redrawn Lines, Rivets, etc..

Redrawn Lines, Rivets, etc.. for the beautiful F-84E/G Thunderjet by RussoUK2004.

It can be used for SF1 or SF2.

This template is a Photoshop .psd file at 2048 pixels. It has redrawn lines, rivets and various bits. It can be reduced for those with low spec computers.

The only skin with this template is USAF Natural Metal / Aluminum.

Add your own paint, dirt, details and weathering.

If you want to make the lines and rivets darker or lighter, this template allows you to do that yourself by adjusting the opacity of the lines, rivets or any layer of this file. To use it you must have a paint program that reads/modifies .psd files.

Then you can adjust the specular, glossiness and/or reflection entries in the skin's texture.ini file to get the skin to your liking.

I use the poor mans' method of bump mapping. I don't have the needed software or skills to create real bump maps. I use two template layers: one black the other white. The white layer is below the black layer and offset one pixel up or down and one pixel left or right. Then adjust the opacity of each layer to create a 'shadow' effect. When done right it gives the illusion it's 3D.

Credit and Thanks to RussoUK2004 for this nifty little jet and Wrench for the colorful skins he's made for it.

INSTALLATION:  Unzip to a folder/place of your choice.  Copy, Move, Drag-n-Drop or do whatever you wish to get the skin folder into your XXX folders.  Choose the desired skin in the loadout section.  Fly.

I'm releasing this under the Combat Ace Fair Use Agreement. Use it anyway you wish for personal use.  For any other use, please contact me first. 

If you find any problems with it, please PM me.  If you improve it, please PM me a copy. 

Thanks to all who are helping me learn to skin by direct involvement and/or by inspiration.

If I forget or miss anyone who deserves credit for anything I release, I apologize.  I have no intent to abuse or misuse anyone's property or claim it as my own.  Please contact me to correct any error.

Geary

• Thanks 2

Thanks Geary for the F, E, & G work............Detail at its finest!

2 hours ago, NIELS said:

Thanks Geary for the F, E, & G work............Detail at its finest!

:salute:

get MrNormal its easy to use for bump maps or if you have PS get nvidia plug in its breeze to ues straight out of box  just add filter click ok save name as  done

http://www.hptware.co.uk/mrnormal.php

Edited by russouk2004

Thanks,

Looks interesting.

I wonder how normal Mr. Normal is.

• Haha 1

I wonder how normal Mr. Normal is.

If he's like the rest of us, I'd say pretty messed up!

I'm actually using these right now. I am QUITE impressed with the work. Thanks Geary!

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

If he's like the rest of us, I'd say pretty messed up!

I'm actually using these right now. I am QUITE impressed with the work. Thanks Geary!

Yeah, occasionally I think I get normal, but it's usually by accident.

When I first started making templates, it was because I wanted to paint planes.

Seems I'm not very good at painting. I usually end up REPAINTING someone else's work, such are yours, with my redrawn lines and rivets, etc.  Although, if it just takes splashing on paint with a bucket, I can do that.

Guess I'm better at making canvas for other painters.

Either way, works for me as long as we still make skinners and skins.

Some models, like Russouk's little beauties are great for making templates.  Well done planes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1