Hi Gents!

TK re-released SF2 in an all in one package, including all versions, expansion packs and all DLC-s. Costs 99,99USD, compared to the individual title prices, does not seem to be a bad ratio.

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_complete.htm

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I think I'd rather sit this one out and wait and see if any of those now infamous bugs have been fixed. 

• Like 2

Well it'll be interesting if there were any patches added also...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

I think I'd rather sit this one out and wait and see if any of those now infamous bugs have been fixed. 

Doubt it but who knows maybe TK might of seen his errors of treating us like sh!t.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JosefK said:

Well it'll be interesting if there were any patches added also...

I'm not sure but again maybe this is like an apology to us perhaps?

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if there was even one change. This is a last grab for cash before SF2 becomes so old that it may not run on Windows anymore. They aren't selling so well at $30 a pop plus DLC costs. So this is a chance for people who held out on getting SF2 because they were happy with all the free stuff for SFP1/WoX to get all of it for a decent price. I can still remember the 2009? release which sold at Christmas for like $25 or $30 that had all of the the then available SF2 games integrated into a single downloadable installation file. Many people regretted missing that release over the years. As I already have everything released, the only motivation for me to buy such a package is just to thank TK for over a decade of fun flying Phantoms and MiGs over Vietnam and Israel. Even with all remaining bugs/limitations, this is really quite a deal when you consider how many aircraft are available and how many historical maps with missions and campaigns are available to fly over.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

From Third Wire's Facebook page: 

We're re-releasing the complete Strike Fighters 2 PC series as one package! Strike Fighters 2 Complete Edition includes all 5 games, 2 expansion packs, and 29 DLCs in one simple easy-to-install package!

(this is just re-packaging to make it easier for everyone to get the whole series, no updates or changes were made to the game, so hopefully no mods were harmed 1f609.png?_nc_eui2=AeGSzWi6yQ3S16cUp3A3h;)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

From Third Wire's Facebook page: 

As expected :sad:

Still, I believe a worthwhile investment. After having had an HD crash last December, and having to rebuild from the original release exes, and then running around like a lunatic trying to collect all the patches, finding out you've lost a few DLC exes...

yeah, 100 bucks US; be good to have the whole set archived for such emergencies

• Like 5

Next step... an update of the game ?  :search:

59 minutes ago, Coupi said:

Next step... an update of the game ?  :search:

Well I have some ideas about that... maybe start a thread there please!

I have to save some money, then. This is exactly what I was hoping for! Finally TK has made a decision that will bring value to his games.

• Like 3

good news ,maybe it's the beginning of something

Well, that's interesting.  After years of radio silence, TK does something interesting.

I would doubt a single bug has been fixed; this is likely a simple repackaging.  However, is he planning on working on a few bugs to finish the product?  Who knows?  I know the mobile gaming market is largely driven by quick, simple to play games.  I've never played any of TK's mobile games because that's not what I use my iPhone to do.  

I also doubt that TK is planning new PC development.  He has already expressed how he feels about the PC gaming environment, and I begrudge him nothing.  His mobile gaming enterprise seems to be keeping him in the black, so more power to him.

I may reinstall the SF2 series, I'm getting tired of waiting on DCS to finish Modern Air Combat and I think Ed Scio has pretty much waved the white flag on Combat Air Patrol 2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PFunk said:

I'm getting tired of waiting on DCS to finish Modern Air Combat.

Me too...

• Like 1

I'm getting tired of waiting on DCS to finish Modern Air Combat.

I bought all but the MiG 15 and the L 39 of the planes offered in that package + all of the terrains so at this point there is no way I am getting that.

Well, it's a cracking deal for someone who would just like to fly a lite sim and blow sh!t up.

BTW am I the only one here not feeling offended or bothered that TK "turned his back on us"??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spinners said:

Well, it's a cracking deal for someone who would just like to fly a lite sim and blow sh!t up.

BTW am I the only one here not feeling offended or bothered that TK "turned his back on us"??

I've been a flight sim addict since the late '80s.  Think I've owned and flown 90 percent of the flight sims sold since then in the U.S. and Europe.

For all it's 'faults' this is the best overall flight sim I've every flown.

Some have better graphics, some better flight modeling, etc... but overall, this sim allows us addicts to do easily more with this game than any other available.  That's why most of us are here.

I'm grateful for the game.  Although a bit aged and not perfect, it's still my flight sim of choice.

I find it difficult to complain about something that's given me so much fun over the years.

• Like 10

TK didn't turn his back on us... he turned his future toward being able to pay his bills because many if not most SFP1/WoX fans never bought SF2 and countless others were simply pirating all of the SFP1/WoX/SF2 games. If the newer material had sold as well as it needed to, particularly the XP2 (with the mission editor) and SF2:NA, we might have had an SF3 or at least a very well polished and updated SF2. But market forces convinced TK that he needed to make dumbed down games that more people could enjoy and in a marketing strategy that guaranteed him a steady income stream even if the players never actually paid him $1 (free to play with ads).

Repackaging SF2 into this bundle is something he should have done a long time ago. If he really wants to move product, he would price the bundle at $40 to $60 like a console game or a modern flight sim. People new to SF2 should not have to debate about which games to buy. 10-year old obsolete games still selling at the original retail price, while countless alternatives are available at an extreme discount through STEAM, GOG, or outright free as abandonware doesn't make sense. $100 makes it a lot more accessible, but that is still a lot of money for some people.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, streakeagle said:

TK didn't turn his back on us... he turned his future toward being able to pay his bills because many if not most SFP1/WoX fans never bought SF2 and countless others were simply pirating all of the SFP1/WoX/SF2 games. ...

Repackaging SF2 into this bundle is something he should have done a long time ago. If he really wants to move product, he would price the bundle at $40 to $60 like a console game or a modern flight sim. People new to SF2 should not have to debate about which games to buy. 10-year old obsolete games still selling at the original retail price, while countless alternatives are available at an extreme discount through STEAM, GOG, or outright free as abandonware doesn't make sense. $100 makes it a lot more accessible, but that is still a lot of money for some people.

Well said.

I would recommend SF2 for "fast food", for those who want to just go engage in air combat without spending hours pouring over manuals & tutorials like with DCS which also severely limits what aircraft you can fly.  Or FSX, which may have more aircraft but is buggy as heck and the AI is the worst.

I strongly agree with what @streakeagle said. I do not blame TK for moving on with other kinds of products, but at the same time I wished he would understand that SF2 is unique in its kind, and that with better marketing he could probably have had more success. SF2:NA was a total failure at launch in my view, probably the result of poor planning.

As for the repackaging, I have mixed feelings about the cost; had he done it before, let's say in 2015 (SF2 was last patched in 2013), the price would be fine. But it's 2019, those games have not aged really well, so $100 is a bit too much for today's market, and it's not going to be competitive with today's flight sims. That being said, I have to recognize the value of the SF series; seriously, he and his small team had to put a lot of effort into it, to reproduce so many flyable Cold War jets (the expansion packs include the most "exotic" ones, with fantastic and detailed 3d cockpits). Not to mention the research that went into the making of campaigns with correct units; a modular decals system which proved to be effective for his style of doing things and so on. So, I do not know, $100 is somewhat justified by the effort that went into it during the years (minus the broken patches and removed features).

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 3

Interesting, possibly a last gasp but I get the impression SF-2 is picking up some new customers who are looking for something a bit more interesting than the cell phone games and whatever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baffmeister said:

Interesting, possibly a last gasp but I get the impression SF-2 is picking up some new customers who are looking for something a bit more interesting than the cell phone games and whatever.

Interesting tought

Gents, to see if it's a good price, worthy of spending our hard earned cash, just add up the cost fo the 5 games, 2 expansion packs and 29 DLCs

Number don't lie, and I'm getting mine. I'll find 100 bucks somewhere

• Like 1