Anotherthing to mention when having breakfast cheese... Bumps and seams on runway when taxiiing and rolling.

• Like 1

What should be in it ?....erm well whatever itis....it all works ....a start ? lol no idea,as wont happen

Was thinking about bass fishing or deer hunting (depends where are you operating campaign) in between sorties.🤔

And of coursre r&r and girls....

• Haha 3

Why do you think I keep putting Hot Dog Stands on all my terrains!!!???? IIRC on the MidWest USA terrain, there are even Hangar 'Hos (and their workplace)

• Haha 2

Well from what it is to what it was...I think we here have actually created SF3 and on 4     lol

• Like 3

I would like more sound options like...start ups gradual winding up of engines ,better fly by option,proper input register for engine sounds...etc a bit like FS series..

• Like 3

Here we go again...these wish lists pop up regularly every 1-2 years...:biggrin:
Let's face it: TK won't expand SF2. Even if he does he has his own vision and wouldn't consider these wishes.
Therefore, if you want new features, you have to do it yourself!
Multiple options here:

1. Extending the SF2 game engine:
    1. Because of non-access to source code, you have to "hack" the binary. -> In my opinion not viable.
    2. Waiting for the release of the source code. -> Will never happen!
  2. Write you own combat flight simulator:
    1. From scratch. -> Too much of an effort!
    2. Use/modify existing (open) source code. -> A little less effort than 2.1.)

I'm a big fan of the open source flight simulator FlightGear. It has already the following features:

• world wide terrain
  • weather
  • FDM engines
  • multiplayer
  • rudimentary combat support via addons (e.g. Bombable,...)
  • ultra flexible

It's only missing some minor things as game play, dynamic campaign, AI, ....:lol:

Anyway, I'm currently experimenting with converting SF2 aircraft to be usable in FlightGear. Maybe thats a start...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mue said:

Here we go again...these wish lists pop up regularly every 1-2 years...:biggrin:
Let's face it: TK won't expand SF2. Even if he does he has his own vision and wouldn't consider these wishes.
Therefore, if you want new features, you have to do it yourself!
Multiple options here:

1. Extending the SF2 game engine:
    1. Because of non-access to source code, you have to "hack" the binary. -> In my opinion not viable.
    2. Waiting for the release of the source code. -> Will never happen!
  2. Write you own combat flight simulator:
    1. From scratch. -> Too much of an effort!
    2. Use/modify existing (open) source code. -> A little less effort than 2.1.)

I'm a big fan of the open source flight simulator FlightGear. It has already the following features:

• world wide terrain
  • weather
  • FDM engines
  • multiplayer
  • rudimentary combat support via addons (e.g. Bombable,...)
  • ultra flexible

It's only missing some minor things as game play, dynamic campaign, AI, ....:lol:

Anyway, I'm currently experimenting with converting SF2 aircraft to be usable in FlightGear. Maybe thats a start...

I agree, thank you.  I would like to see SF2 in FlightGear.

JOE

Maybe we should clarify with TK what we asked before...can we rip SF2 apart and mod it...afaik he said we could as long as we dont make money from it...we have the skills here to do it.

• Like 1

Obviously: Distributing SF2 content in flightgear (or any other) format is illegal. Distributing tools with the ability to convert or adjust such content is legal.***

So editors, converters, patches, scripts and hacks can be distributed, but a 3D model, binary (exe/dll) or terrain from Third Wire cannot be distributed.

Same as always for digital products in general. Same as what TK wrote in 27-1-2014:

"the only thing we ask is that you don't re-distribute any of our original files."

*** though certain vendors try to force license agreements that say otherwise

Edited by gerwin
  • Thanks 2

I'd be happy with missile motor and bomb rack release sounds tbh

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CowboyTodd41 said:

I'd be happy with missile motor and bomb rack release sounds tbh

I chuckle because I'm sure that can easily be modded...

Supposedly it can't. There's listings in the .ini's for them but I guess they aren't activated by the code, and you'd need the source code to change it :(

Liberty in Cubic Bay, Hong Kong, Sasebo, Pataya Beach, Perth, and Singapore.

CL

Edited by charlielima
I forgot Sasebo.
  • Haha 2

On 7/2/2019 at 2:37 PM, yakarov79 said:

thing is there will be no final product.

and all others that commented on its not gonna happen, time for the classic CA drinking game SF3

now everyone take a shot!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Mostly, I'd just like wingmates to be able to effectively defend themselves while only equipped with external ECM, chaff & flare pods. I'd say I'd love more eyecandy and higher fidelity sound, etc...but the truth of the matter is my gaming rig isn't that terrific at powering DCS and IL2 BoS & I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I'm not much for online competitive multiplay, but co-op mplay would be a nice, fun feature.

The other thing I'd love to see in a SF3 if the Vietnam theater were updated for it,  is a few nice terrain objects for some of the legacy French Indochina forts and blockhouses in N. Vietnam. That way it'd be possible to do a French Indochina air war in Tonkin featuring recon and a heckuva lot of mud moving. And on that note, I'd like to see transport, air drops and para drops  in a new edition. With all that, I'd be able to recreate some of those harrowing air mission flown in the Flying Boxcar.

• Like 2

or, as much as the 'square-ass' terrain engine allows, cities that actually LOOK like their Real World (tm) counterparts.

oh wait.... that's what we terraformers do...

haiphong.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arrow said:

Mostly, I'd just like wingmates to be able to effectively defend themselves while only equipped with external ECM, chaff & flare pods. I'd say I'd love more eyecandy and higher fidelity sound, etc...but the truth of the matter is my gaming rig isn't that terrific at powering DCS and IL2 BoS & I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I'm not much for online competitive multiplay, but co-op mplay would be a nice, fun feature.

The other thing I'd love to see in a SF3 if the Vietnam theater were updated for it,  is a few nice terrain objects for some of the legacy French Indochina forts and blockhouses in N. Vietnam. That way it'd be possible to do a French Indochina air war in Tonkin featuring recon and a heckuva lot of mud moving. And on that note, I'd like to see transport, air drops and para drops  in a new edition. With all that, I'd be able to recreate some of those harrowing air mission flown in the Flying Boxcar.

Good ideas.  Especially wingmates that can be better wingmen.

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

or, as much as the 'square-ass' terrain engine allows, cities that actually LOOK like their Real World (tm) counterparts.

oh wait.... that's what we terraformers do...

haiphong.jpg

Wowza.  I'd love to fly thru downtown Hanoi in an A-6 with every single flak gun cooking off and then bomb 100 SA-2s on trailers just taunting the USA.

• Like 1

I figured that Hue what with the squared off city-within-a-city. 

fake edit: but then I looked at google maps :rofl:

• Haha 1

Simple, on-line co-op play! That would be my number 1 wish...love to fly with you people!

• Like 2

I actually enjoy the early to mid Cold War era that Strike Fighters takes place in. Something I would like to see is a better ground radar and proper bomb sight for the folks that love to fly the strategic bombers. Also some flyable bombers from the get go. It'd be great to see some of the really early TU-95s like the Bear-A which was a level bomber along with the Bison and Badger and on the NATO side the Peacemaker, V Bombers and Buff/Stratojet. Also some strategic bombing campaigns to go with them as well...kind of like what we had in IL-2's bomber campaigns which were quite enjoyable. 

It would be great to see aerial refueling be included too. Perhaps even the ability to startup the engines and taxi to the runway as well as someone else had suggested on here. While this game is less realistic than say DCS, a little more realism in that direction couldn't hurt :) 

In the off chance third wire is somehow making SF3:

New engine (yes i know this might destroy compatibility with mods but there's only so much you can beat a dead horse)

Better map graphics and quality, because its odd to see rivers and roads be on 45º angles

Air to air refueling (kinda of a must have for US naval air force, specially the F14)

Being able to re-launch the sortie and RRR if necessary (Could be sped up like in DCS, make me wait as long as i need, or do a timeskip if in singleplayer)

More active ground troops movement (Could be FPS draining, but its strange to see a battlefield with a single front line of 10 vs 10 tanks and a few AAA scattered around

Infantry both friendly and enemy to attack and defend

Helicopter support (Even if no helicopters are to be in the game, just have more support for them since i think it could be fun to use)

Native support for non combat planes (Like being able to fly tankers, cargos, troop carriers, AWACS, i think it could be fun to have a mission of paradroping tanks or infantry and returning to base)

• Like 1