I'll admit that I am out of ideas on something that I should probably already know.

How do I get the following to show up in my Nations drop-down list? I've followed all the instructions I have found here, but i cannot seem to get the Irish Air Corp or the US Army Aviation nations to read. What have I missed?

4 hours ago, Nightshade/PR said:

I'll admit that I am out of ideas on something that I should probably already know.

How do I get the following to show up in my Nations drop-down list? I've followed all the instructions I have found here, but i cannot seem to get the Irish Air Corp or the US Army Aviation nations to read. What have I missed?

I do not see the "following" you posted. I'm using my smartphone, maybe it's that.

I created a mod which adds various nations with year correct decals. I advise you to try it. It's a lot of work (not just the decal creation) to get additional insignias and finflashes to show up automatically like stock ones on planes, especially when they are meant to be reversed on left-right wing etc.

I did not add Army Aviation services on my mod, though. I'll probably do it in the future.

Edited by Menrva

Good Morning Menrva.

Combination of old eyes, misplaced glasses, and distraction, These are the entries in question. The entries for Ireland are already there as Nation 230, and the Army entries from a helicopter package (I can't remember which specific one)

I do use your mod, and the work you put into the details of it is fascinating. I simply tried to add the USA into the entries at the end, and the Irish Air Corp doesn't show at all.

[Nationxxx]
Name=Ireland
DisplayName=Irish Air Corps
Alignment=FRIENDLY
PilotNameList=NamesBritish.lst
RankList=RanksRAF.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=USFighter
Formation.Attack=USFighter
Formation.Bomber=USBomber
Formation.Transport=USBomber
Formation.Tank=USTank
Formation.MobileAD=USAD
PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str
ActiveDate=1955
AlternateDecal=Ireland_OLD
StartDate=1939

[Nationxxx]
Name=USA
DisplayName=United States Army Aviation
Alignment=FRIENDLY
PilotNameList=NamesUSAF.lst
RankList=RanksUSAF.lst
Formation.Tank=USTank
Formation.MobileAD=USAD
GenderRatio=0
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.cat
Medals=MedalsUSAF.ini
MedalTextFile=MedalsUSAF.str
UseFAC=TRUE

image.thumb.jpeg.c88ff015fd529b38b0126a35c68c6336.jpeg

Edited by Nightshade/PR

I added this to my ini...   and works fine...did you add it correctly to the planes ini file you want to use and its data.ini dates ?      

data.ini    

[MissionData]
NationName=Ireland
ServiceStartYear=1930

texture ini

[TextureSet001]
Directory=27
Name=Irish Air Corps
Nation=Ireland
Squadron=27TFS
Specular=0.600000
Glossiness=0.250000
Reflection=0.000000

[Nation219]
Name=Ireland
DisplayName=Irish Air Corps
Alignment=FRIENDLY
PilotNameList=NamesBritish.lst
RankList=RanksRAF.lst
Formation.Tank=USTank
Formation.MobileAD=USAD
GenderRatio=0
StartDate=1939
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str
Medals=MedalsRAF.ini
MedalTextFile=MedalsRAF.str
ActiveDate=1955
AlternateDecal=RAF_OLD

img00033.JPG

img00034.JPG

Edited by russouk2004

8 hours ago, Nightshade/PR said:

I do use your mod, and the work you put into the details of it is fascinating. I simply tried to add the USA into the entries at the end, and the Irish Air Corp doesn't show at all.

That's kind of strange. Make sure that whatever you add is Nation233 and later. Everything up to 232 is already used for something else, and the order is of absolute importance. Those numbers match the ones used for the decals listed in the alias.lst file, which is very sensitive to any _nations.ini changes.

Irish Air Corps should be listed among the flyable services, if you use stock aircraft. Choose a stock aircraft of the SF2 game and see if the new services appear with stock aircraft. If it works, then the issue is on the custom plane and its skin decals.ini file.

Little note: some new services from my mod only appear after certain years.

img00001.thumb.JPG.11cf00358b3a9f0af5d4ce5d431e248c.JPG

Edited by Menrva

Little note: some new services from my mod only appear after certain years.

Yeah always check planes dates in data.in match the texture ini and planes ini as one wrong date ant wont work....well plane wont show at certain time periods....

tyr mine and alter a stock plane inis and see if works

NATIONS.INI

img00036.JPG

Edited by russouk2004

Good Evening Gents....

No soap on any of it. It's almost as if I have another Nations.ini somewhere that is keeping the latest one from being read, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not a game-killer, but it's one of those little things you notice that makes you crazy when you can't find the problem.

Edited by Nightshade/PR

not being funny and calling you thicko  lol  but your nations .ini IS in Flight folder ?

check for typos or odd space where shudnt be one.

its dates...in nations ini i had start date 1930,and plane was 31 wouldnt work set to 1930 works....

try this....and drop nations ini gave you in Flight folder see if works...does for me...

ps  back up you A4M if you have it.

A-4MTest.7z

Edited by russouk2004

I appreciate the help from russouk2004, but please do not mix my mod with his nations.ini. It would create a lot of issues decal wise. As I explained earlier, as long as the mod is fully installed, nations' numbers match the numbers of the additional decals listed in the reworked alias.lst file (included with the mod). If Ireland is Nation219 instead of 230, the game will spawn planes with Russian decals instead! (or whatever 219 is).

My mod does work. Please, first try it on a clean mod folder. Last but not least, are you on the latest patch level (Jul 2013)? This nations.ini is meant to work with the latest patch. Anything earlier, and some stock nations were even missing (some Oman decals and others were added at a later date, don't know exactly when).

If even after such tests, it doesn't work, attach your own nations.ini. There's no magic to it. If something's wrong with the file, I would notice.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

excuse me ?.     :yikes:......its just a test...if it works then he knows what to look for....then can add original nations ini back in.... 

2 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

excuse me ?.     :yikes:......its just a test...if it works then he knows what to look for....then can add original nations ini back in.... 

You misunderstood my post. If he wants to test your nations.ini, he has to make sure to remove all my mod files or test it in another mod folder. I didn't tweak just the nations.ini file, but also the alias.lst file. Mixing that file with another nations.ini causes other kinds of issues, like the one I described above.

Last but not least, with due respect, I too know what to look for. It's not like I have started modding SF2 yesterday. Since Nightshade is having issues with a tweaked version of my mod, I'd like to know if the original mod files work on his machine.

Edited by Menrva

Maybe problem is in aircraft data / userlist.ini or texture ini nation  entry

Just now, yakarov79 said:

Maybe problem is in aircraft data / userlist.ini or texture ini nation  entry

That's what I thought too. But it seems Nightshade is having problems even with stock aircraft. All services, stock and additional ones, should appear on the single missions drop down menu (except for Mercenary=TRUE services, those are hidden and show up in campaigns only).

as to the nation showing in the drop down, does your aircraft skin folder have a decal for that nation?

years ago hgbn i think posted a similar issue and the solution was to have a blank DecalLevel=0 (nation) tga and appropriate mention in the decal.ini.  iirc their original issue was that the marking were on skin, and the nation wouldnt pop up in drop down. but the solution might fight from what im reading .

blank decal can be name whatever, and 6x6 size, just make sure its labeled for the nation you want, ie whatever233.tga

• Like 1