This is how the new airbase will look like,  this is just the baseline I need to add all the extra hangers taxiway and so on. the texture skin is just to show the AB it is not final. it is taken form Xplane game.

Annotation-2019-07-19-094946.pngimg100008-1200x675.jpgimg100009-1200x675.jpgimg100011-1200x675.jpgimg100012-1200x675.jpg

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 9

small update for the hangars taxiway

Annotation-2019-07-19-164342.png

• Like 1

Last update for tonight. sorry for all these posts

img100013-1200x675.jpgimg100014-1200x675.jpgimg100015-1-1200x675.jpg

• Like 3

It is nice to see you giving proper credit the model source is X-Plane and you're importing - I'm sure you received permission so thanks for doing the right thing.  One suggestion to think about:  the runway textures, while they look high res, still need work (seams, repetitive wear, mirroring, etc.).

7 hours ago, swambast said:

It is nice to see you giving proper credit the model source is X-Plane and you're importing - I'm sure you received permission so thanks for doing the right thing.  One suggestion to think about:  the runway textures, while they look high res, still need work (seams, repetitive wear, mirroring, etc.).

I didn't say the model from X-Plane.  only the texture.

the texture skin is just to show the AB it is not final. it is taken form Xplane game.

The model is my making. but really thank you for your comment.

I would like to get your help and ideas on how to place the hangars.  Please if you don't mind find attached the airbase layout you can mark the hangars and any extra taxiway you think will make the airbase look nicer.  just edit the layout and post it back to this thread.

Annotation 2019-07-20 194032.png

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

skin fixed for the runway

img1100001.jpgimg1100002.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome! Tha tarmac should be lighter as it never looks black as the screenshots. I love those hirez airfields.

• Like 1

Another update, this is showing the civilian airport location to the entire model, as well as the military airbase and the location of the hangars.  I hope you will like the layout and if you need any changes please let me now.

Annotation-2019-07-22-205419-1200x1096.j

• Like 6

I just completed the civilian airport, I changed it completely as I didn't like the way it looked. so this is how it is going to look next I need to work on the terminal and the mics for the airport.

GK_N_AB_06.pngGK_N_AB_08.pngGK_N_AB_07.pngGK_N_AB_09.png

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a small update with all the military hangars setup for testing.

img00001.JPG

• Like 4

Just completed the civilian airport main terminal next I need to do the UVW  and making the skin.

Annotation-2019-08-02-191309-1024x634.pnAnnotation-2019-08-02-191454-1024x471.pnAnnotation-2019-08-02-191516-1024x709.pnAnnotation-2019-08-02-191547-1024x486.pnAnnotation-2019-08-02-191724-1024x459.pn

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 5

Cool design. What a pity, that we have no real chance to simulate civil air traffic in SF2 world.

• Like 2

Another small update nothing finalized, more work needed with the UVW and skin.  the model will be low poly so it will not affect the frame rate.

Annotation-2019-08-06-201140.pngAnnotation-2019-08-06-201212-1024x679.pnAnnotation-2019-08-06-201252.pngAnnotation-2019-08-06-202922-1024x628.pn

• Like 5

Will you make a destroyed model for it? Looks wonderful!!

32 minutes ago, Wilches said:

Will you make a destroyed model for it? Looks wonderful!!

I will do my best to make it :drinks:

• Like 2

This is just such excellent work. I have a personal dream project that involves rebuilding the Desert map with insane amounts of detail, like cities modeled block by block or realistic airfield clutter. This airport model would be perfect for the main airports in the Capitols of Dhimar and Paran, since those cities would obviously have civilian airports, and the addition of an airbase using the same runways makes for an interesting place to fly in and out of.

Out of curiosity, do you have an idea of how many squadrons your designing this airbase to support? I could see this being used as a major installation to support a full air wing, but it doesn't look like there are quite enough hangars for that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rogueranger1993 said:

Out of curiosity, do you have an idea of how many squadrons your designing this airbase to support? I could see this being used as a major installation to support a full air wing, but it doesn't look like there are quite enough hangars for that.

There are 29 hard hangar in the AB ( not including the supporting aircrafts ) so it's support one squadron and 5 extra hangars as the squadron consist of 24 fighter. :wink:

Thanks, that's about what I thought after counting the hangars in the images.

While I'm at it, I wanted to maybe give a few suggestions for you to consider implementing in your airbase as the project progresses. Here's a list of features I would like to see added;

1. Functional runway edge and end lights that turn on in low-light and bad weather would be great, and it would be cool to have floodlights that do the same in the parking and taxi areas as well

2. A working visual approach slope indicator/landing indicator lights system for both runways

3. Revetments for 1-4 Ready-5/Quick Reaction fighters - places near the runway where fully armad and fueled fighters can be parked in wartime for immediate response to enemy air attacks

4. Arming pits - these are revetments where final weapons arming is done just prior to takeoff

5. Fuel dump and fuel tanks - the military base should probably have a fuel dump where aviation fuel is stored, with protective walls and a bit of distance between it and the other facilities for protection. The civil airport would likely have some fuel storage as well, though not as well protected.

6. Ammo dump - the military base needs a place to store the missiles, bombs and bullets for the fighters,  so this would be a good detail to include

7. Early warning radar and radio tower - communications and detection of incoming attacks is pretty important for a facility like this, so these could be good things to have

8. Barracks/Living facilities for the ground crew, pilots, and other staff could be a cool addition

9. SAM/AAA emplacements - most military airbases are going to have some measure of defensive systems to help fight off air attacks, so if it's possible you could add some SAM/AAA emplacements in and around the military base and have the game's random AA wepaons spawn in those locations before doing so elsewhare

10. Lots of detail clutter scattered around both airport facilities - things like civilian aircraft parked in the civilian terminal, cars and buses in the civil airport's parking lot, external starter carts, towing vehicles, baggage trucks/trolleys, ordnance tractors, fuel trucks, fire trucks, forklifts, windsocks (poosibly with working wind-indicating direction), realistic runway signage, containers and supply piles, rotating radar dishes, lighted windows at night/during bad weather, etc.

I can understand that this is alot to ask, but I feel that all of it would add up to make your airfield one of the best available. I could also see you doing two versions, with the first to be released being one with basic features so that people can use it on lower-end systems or customize it themselves, and a second version released later on that includes a lot more detail to help make the place 'come alive'.

So, just out of curiosity, what do you think of my ideas? I'd like to hear your thoughts about my suggestions if you have the time.

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback and ideas, all will be modelled to go along with their airbase. :drinks:

Apparently, somebody hasn't been flying over some of our hyper-detailed terrains. It's all been done. I should know ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

Apparently, somebody hasn't been flying over some of our hyper-detailed terrains. It's all been done. I should know ...

You are absolutely correct they have been for along time.

Thank you for your feedback and ideas, all will be modelled to go along with their airbase

I meant some new models to go with the new AB.  :wink:

Edited by GKABS

completed the civilian airport main terminal (some work need to be done to the skin).  Next will be to work on the military base.

GK_N_AB_03.jpgGK_N_AB_05.jpgGK_N_AB_02.jpgGK_N_AB_04.jpgGK_N_AB_01.png

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 8