Sign in to follow this  
Arrow

How to Make the Harpoon Block 1 (AGM-84A) or Block 1B (AGM-84C) Available?

Or more specifically, how to make them available to the CF-188B Hornet, which according to some sources I've read were in the RCAF weapon' inventory.

I've loaded the ObjectData027.CAT up in Mue's CAT Extractor and can see a AGM-84.INI, AGM-84.LOD and AGM-84_1.JPG, but I'm wondering if that weapon content is only for the ship borne Harpoons? I know modders created an AGM-84E (not sure what block?) and an AGM-84F (Block 1D), as I have both in my Weapons folder which came via the A-6 Superpak and CF-188B archives. The problem though, is I need a Harpoon that I load up from 1983-84 service date and that's apparently only the AGM-84A (Block 1) which entered service in 1979.

So, if in fact an AGM-84A capable of being launched from an aircraft is in the base game, what do I need to make it available? Currently no harpoons show up the list of available weapons in my CF-188's loadout screen, but that's no doubt due to me only being able to select an 1983 or 84 sevice date - years before the AGM-84E & F were debuted. Unfortunately I know nothing about editing LOD files -other than the 1 time I removed a component from the A-6A cockpit LOD- but I'm wondering if it's possible to mod an AGM-84E into an AGM-84A?

Edited by Arrow

are you using sf2 weaponeditor?

13 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

are you using sf2 weaponeditor?

The only SF2 tools I have are Mue's CATExtractor, LODViewer and TargetAreaEditor and TW's StrikeFighters2 Extractor.  I'm not using any weponeditor, I'm just opening up INI files dreaming that I'll find something obvious I can change and make the Harpoons suddenly available.  :dntknw:  In other words I'm an ignorant fool wearing an electrician's tool belt,  groping around in the dark hoping to grasp hold of the holy grail - lol.  :yikes:

If I can suddenly make the Harpoon AGM-84A's available by slotting a weapons editor onto my tool belt - hey, I want to know all about it.  :good:

Edited by Arrow

Have you checked the aircraft's loadout.ini file?

2 minutes ago, KJakker said:

Have you checked the aircraft's loadout.ini file?

Yes, but to the best of my knowledge all Loadout.INI does is specify attachment/pylons specific to the aircraft and spec default loadouts based upon mission type. I haven't found any INI that says - here, these are all the weapons your particular aircraft can use.

[Edit] I'm aware some weapons Data INI's  state a particular nation like USN or USAF, but that isn't the problem in my case - I just don't have access to the weapon(s.)

Edited by Arrow

Would please you attach the data and loadout INI files for the aircraft in question so I can take a look at them?

Step 23 on here has info on what is required in the data ini

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KJakker said:

Would please you attach the data and loadout INI files for the aircraft in question so I can take a look at them?

Most certainly - here be the files. BTW I really appreciate yours and all others replies and feedback.  I did briefly review what MigBuster posted and I'm not at all sure about whether the attachments can support the Harpoons. But...but, we're talking about the F/A-18 Hornet here, I mean wasn't it the early 80's swiss army knife of all carrier-capable aircraft that could carry a bus if it wanted to?  :cool:

[Edit] BTW, because I'm flying in the service years of 1983 & 84, 90% of what listed for mission load-outs in the LOADOUT.INI aren't available to my aircraft. I do eventually plan on editing that with more appropriate late 70's - early 80's weapons, but I'm still doing me some learning as to what's exactly appropriate.

CF-188B_DATA.ini

CF-188B_LOADOUT.INI

Edited by Arrow

In that data file none of the weapon stations have ASM listed under AllowedWeaponClass=. Try this minor data file edit and see if you can load Harpoons now.

CF-188B_DATA.ini

Generally, it is not important what aircraft when and where, by -  .ini files you can attach anything underwings, anytime anywhere - not realistic but you can ...even another aircraft can be there.

AGM-84A is CGR (or maybe I've it wrong ;-) ) with mass 530 kg, date 1976-1994

AGM-84C is ASM, 519 kg, date 1982-1993 ... both USN

max diam=0.34 , max lenght=3.9

So weapon station to use these missiles must have :

[RightOuterWingStation]
LoadLimit=530 <- or more
LengthLimit=3.9 <- and more
AllowedWeaponClass=CGR, ASM
AttachmentType=USN

And ofc mission date must be in dates limits.

1 minute ago, yakarov79 said:

Generally, it is not important what aircraft when and where, by -  .ini files you can attach anything underwings, anytime anywhere - not realistic but you can ...even another aircraft can be there.

Another aircraft - oh wow! I so want to sling a CF-104 under my RCAF Hornet's wing and drop it on the deck of a Russian frigate. Cause yah know, those rockets starfighters weren't too good for flying. :yikes:

12 minutes ago, KJakker said:

In that data file none of the weapon stations have ASM listed under AllowedWeaponClass=. Try this minor data file edit and see if you can load Harpoons now.

Many thanks for finding that and making the edit. :clapping:

3 hours ago, KJakker said:

That did the trick - after copying in the edited data INI I immediately had the AGM-84A and AGM-84C available to my flights. And wow what a difference having those weapons has made!

Curious that no one asked the obvious question:

Are you using any of the available weapons packs???

Yes, I'm have Weapons Pack 2 installed, as well as weapons included with various aircraft such as the Intruder Superpack and the CF-188B which I'm assuming has the same weapons as the Hornet Team pack.

Edited by Arrow

7 hours ago, Arrow said:

That did the trick - after copying in the edited data INI I immediately had the AGM-84A and AGM-84C available to my flights. And wow what a difference having those weapons has made!

Trick this is not.

As explained many times in KB simple weapon/aircraft editing.  

• Like 1