It seems that during the fall of Ceaucescu in 1989 Romanian fishbeds carried this grey scheme, cannot find any real life pic or the skin here, that's why I ask, maybe someone have it.

Thanks.

XoPrkAa.jpg

I haven't seen anything from those years, but these were available. And like most militaries, I doubt they repainted all of them in a hurry, so these might be that scheme.

Here's one from 1991

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Romania-Air-Force/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-21MF/2234986?qsp=eJwtjEEKwjAQRe8yawW1YqE7vYAuvMCQfGowbcJkoIbSu5u03f3/HryZTBgVP33nCOoogcV86ECRhYdE3UzsxLuxymvbnM7FfZGnILZYGlx/vFSWgugjF2JZcTcGUWF3/hQLqQrJrOm%2B1to6Ia/tNbdyrUvR81qBsvO0LH%2BUizOD

From 1993 (w/o the green tab on the tail)

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Romania-Air-Force/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-21PFM/2030630?qsp=eJwtjEEKwjAQRe8yawW1UqU7vYBdeIEh%2BdRg2oTJgIbSuzep7v5/D95MJkyKrz5zBHWUwGJetKPIwmOibiZ24t1U5fnSHI7FvZE/QWyxNLphf6osBdF7LsSy4mYMosL%2B%2BUMspCoks6WHWrvWCel/r2nLtS5Fz1sFys7TsqyUsTOE

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Romania-Air-Force/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-21PFMA/4072085?qsp=eJwtjEEKwjAQRe8yawVtxUJ3egFdeIEh%2BdRg2oTJQA2ldzep3f3/HryFTJgUX33lCOopgcW86UCRhcdE/ULsxLupykvXns7FfZDnILZYGt1wbCpLQfSeC7GsuBmDqLA7f4iFVIVktvRQa02dkOf/tddyrUvR81aBsvO0rj%2BTzTN%2B

From 1995

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Romania-Air-Force/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-21MF/1848208/L?qsp=eJwtjEEKwjAQRe8yawW1UrE7vYBdeIEh%2BdRg2oTJgIbSuzep7v5/D95MJkyKrz5zBHWUwGJetKPIwmOibiZ24t1U5fnSHI7FvZE/QWyxNLphf6osBdF7LsSy4mYMosL%2B%2BUMspCoks6WHWrvWCel/r2nLtS5Fz1sFys7TsqyU1zOF

And one looking rather worn..

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Romania-Air-Force/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-21MF/1122149/L?qsp=eJwtjEEKwjAQRe8yawVrRaE7vYAuvMCQfGowbcNkoIbSu5up7v5/D95CbhoVH32WBOoog8W9aEeJhYdM3UIcJIbR5OnSHprq3ijzJL5aGkK/PxrLk%2BitVOJZcXUOSeH//C4eYgrZbeneas3ZNuTxu61dH3KKvGWgHCKt6xfDmjOz

Edited by Nightshade/PR
Additional data
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the pics Nightshade, those are great!

55 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

funny enough I did start this one...

MiG-21MF_Tail.jpg

This is a Lancer skin AFAIK, wondering If you could build the grey one too.

Maybe off-topic but I'd love to see some Romanian F-16s in-game please ;-).  I'm good friends with a Romanian-American, one of the most mentally & physically strongest people I've gotten to know.

I rather like these two...

ive got literally 100`s of mig 21 profiles ive meant to do lol

1718733.jpg

67860_1162304152.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stratos said:

Thanks for the pics Nightshade, those are great!

This is a Lancer skin AFAIK, wondering If you could build the grey one too.

• Like 1

This do you.?...needs proper decs tho one on left is painted atm

img00046.JPG

img00050.JPG

img00047.JPG

img00049.JPG

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 3

For some reason ps 2018 wont save alpha as transparent only solid decal...weird...done it my usual way as per cs8 but roundels are solid  its weird.

Is great Russo! Possible to get a less metallic more grey paint?

its awkward on this skin temp of conrads as layers have to be opaque to show the details below...will try.

• Like 1

Don´t need to reeskin. Just add these lines to TextureSet:

Specular=0.800000
Glossiness=0.800000
Reflection=0.000000  <---This must be set to zero to avoid metallic shine

• Like 1

I did try get Bobrocks MF templates which are good but seems they arent around.

On ‎08‎.‎08‎.‎2019 at 12:11 AM, russouk2004 said:

I did try get Bobrocks MF templates which are good but seems they arent around.

I´m sorry Russo.

My PC doesn´t work at the Moment. It got temperature Problems caused by the water cooling System.

Waiting for spare parts and when my pc works again I´ll get em 2 you. 

• Thanks 1

Thats why I got rid of my Water cooling...  cheers m8 no hurry  hope u fixed soon.

• Like 1

that's one of the things I was looking at having on my next machine (please, gods, NOT for several years....)

so, it's NOT a good thing?? :dntknw:

Water cooling is something I've thought about for my 2020-2025 computer.  Nice to know it might be worth it to take a pass on it.

3 minutes ago, JosefK said:

Water cooling is something I've thought about for my 2020-2025 computer.  Nice to know it might be worth it to take a pass on it.

My pc is cooler than my m8s who has a 250 quid cooler system lol...cooler master fans I have and the keep it cool as a cucumber

• Like 2