Hello, I would like to share with you what I have been using to make my first airbase, its Open street map.  using the OSM you can get all the information anyone needs for any AB it will give you the runway length and name number etc. or the taxiway or building too. I thought this will be something nice to share with you.

https://www.openstreetmap.org

Annotation 2019-07-28 155951.png

Annotation 2019-07-28 160036.png

Annotation 2019-07-28 160140.png

Annotation 2019-07-28 160230.png

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 5

This is one other thing that I am experiencing with making streets and building using the map data.

Annotation 2019-07-28 161951.png

Annotation 2019-07-28 161918.png

• Like 4

THAT is damn cool!!

This is another AB I would like to complete its the Al Udeid Air Base is a military base southwest of Doha, Qatar, also known as Abu Nakhlah Airport.  Work on progress but it will take a long long time to complete. 

Annotation 2019-07-28 203517.png

Annotation 2019-07-28 204001.png

Annotation 2019-07-28 204145.png

The Died!!!!!!! YES! 

Would you mind inserting a couple of guys I knew back when I was in the Air Force? They pulled maybe the most legendary flight line prank of all time. You can see them here, but I wouldn't recommend looking at them at work, they are picture of a dude in his underwear :lol::lol: 

• Haha 3

Is it safe to assume (oh!! that WORD!!) that these building items are one large LOD, and are designed to only fit in one place at a specific airbase/airport??

---

I have a vague recollection reading somewhere about those guys! I just don't remember where or when!!

That was a rough week, happened the same time as the Minot accidental nuke flight. I wasn't even in the desert OR at Minot and we got a stern talking to about both incidents lol

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

Is it safe to assume (oh!! that WORD!!) that these building items are one large LOD, and are designed to only fit in one place at a specific airbase/airport??

You are correct, but maybe more than one LOD but not big poly