Can any of you practitioners of the Black Majiks and Voodoo heresies advise me on a difficulty I am experiencing. I am at the moment messing around, and clearing/re organising my library of models for SF2 , and I have the IA-63 Pampa , and the AT-63 Pampa II . Now as some of you may be aware, these are aircraft only done for SF 1 , so, like a fool, I am trying to get the bloody things to behave in SF2 ...........Pretty much everything works, except for the very odd behavior of the aircraft, to be more precise, if for example you set the darn thing to take off on auto pilot, it dutifully trundles off, to do the take off thing, but then if thinks its an awfully great idea to bugger off in a left hand turn, and jolly well take off where IT wants to damn well take off, SO THERE !!    not only that, but your esteemed and probably drunken wing men, also take this mode of taking off as well, with the additional mode of, well, not actually bothering to take off at all, probably because the cat has died or Tescos are out of custard powder or something, who knows !! 

Anyhow, to get back on track, and cease my infernal rambling, can anyone shed light on this phenomena , and point me at a solution , because I cant seem to find one, I have looked at the knowledge base and saw nothing that remotely addresses this issue, also I'm Infantry, therefore a little brain dead , shell shocked, and like my wing men , most likely drunk , to whit, I aint got a clue when it comes to FM's etc, I only do the colouring in stuff, I can even stay between the lines these days !! So help me please, so I can sleep , and not dream of this damn aeroplane wandering off across the damn countryside like a water buffalo looking for a mud hole !! Cheers chaps !!                  

:airplane:

sound like early onset "driving Miss Daisy disease" (also Gen1)

check that the right and left sides (wings, stabs, etc) have the "same" statements, double check landing gear, rolling radui, stuff like that.

I remember a partial cure, but can't remember what it was. Sometimes it's caused by the modeler when they "mirror" the sides to their opposites (right to left, or left to right) when building the model in MAX.

Are both planes still here in the Downloads section? Maybe I can cast my gaze in their general direction?

EDIT:

can't seem to find them! Can I get the links?

• Like 1

Yes Kev, both in the SF 1 addon on aircraft section I think both of them have the same Data.ini though , I will check what you mentioned as well........its very odd for sure.

AT-63 Pampa II.7z

IA-63a-Pampa.zip

Edited by trotski00
added files

been looking at the base IA-63a. I gotta say ...this thing is fucked up 6 ways from Sunday. Almost had the drift fixed, but then it came back. Gonna have to start over. FM in SF2 is a total joke; definately not generating enough lift, cockpit position is all fouled up; NO min/max extensions or hit boxes existing ... what a mess!

and it's one of the butt-fugliest things I've ever seen. The proportions don't even look right. 

I'll fiddle with it some tommorrow, and let you know. In honesty, it may not be worth spending the time on. But I'm too stupid to be anything but stubborn

• Like 2

Yeah mate, I was coming to the same conclusion, it looks like a pregnant guppy with the gunpod attached, considering its supposed to be an attack trainer, it turns like a 3 wheeled bus, and I did think the proportions looked somewhat awry , dont bust yer arse on it mate, think it may be a lost cause

Thanks for looking though, I just dont like seeing things not working, a shame really.

Oh....And I hear you on the too stupid to be anything than stubborn....must be a trait common amongst this community I reckon !! most of us have OCD, and are a little bit insane ........:stars::yikes:

• Haha 1