JamesWilson

Changing enemy planes and how to use editor

I AM CONFUSED ABOUT ENEMY PLANES AND EDITORS ON SFP1

Hi guys. i have to say that i'm new in Strike Fighters world… in reality i played it alot, but from FX Interactive, now i got SFP1 for the second time and i started modding it, i added some aircrafts, like F-15 or A-10 ecc.

The game works pretty well, and the addons that i downloaded from this site too!  They are really well made, and this web site is awesome!

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS: I got no idea on how to change enemy aircaft… i'd like to have different enemy planes to play with, like SU-35 or Mig-29, i always fly my new planes like the F/A-18 Hornet, and i don't want to fight always against Mig-15 or Mig-21!:stars:

The other (and last) problem is: which mission editor do i need to download?    and how do i create a working mission to play with??

I WANT TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING, THIS IS AN AWESOME COMMUNITY, LIKE NO OTHERS:heart:

Edited by Wrench
removed all the "tags" - they aren't necessary

Well @JamesWilson you customize the single mission.  Look for the pen on the screen.  

I would recommend being patient with yourself.  Learning how to build single missions takes time...

• Like 1

There is no mission editor for 1stGens. You CAN save a mission for later replaying, but can't change anything within the game. You have to edit the .msn file with notepad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

There is no mission editor for 1stGens. You CAN save a mission for later replaying, but can't change anything within the game. You have to edit the .msn file with notepad.

So how should i do with SFP1?

12 hours ago, JosefK said:

Well @JamesWilson you customize the single mission.  Look for the pen on the screen.  

I would recommend being patient with yourself.  Learning how to build single missions takes time…

And where is the pen?

On the editor or in the vanilla game?

And how do i change enemy planes?    Do i have to download them from "addons Aircraft" section?

There is NO mission editor in ANY of the 1stGen games (SFp1/Wo*). What JosefK was referring to was SF2, which does. So, disregard that post completly.

As I said in my post, all you can do is save the mission, and then edit it by hand in notepad. That is it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

:heart:There is NO mission editor in ANY of the 1stGen games (SFp1/Wo*). What JosefK was referring to was SF2, which does. So, disregard that post completly.

As I said in my post, all you can do is save the mission, and then edit it by hand in notepad. That is it.

Ok, thank you very much. :ok:

So sadly if i still want to play SFP1 and not the second one, i won't have any edited mission… so is my dream of landing on a carrier in SFP1 disappeared?

And my second and LAST QUESTION is: how do i change plane models of the enemies?   What can i do if i want to dogfight against Su-35s or Mig-29s instead of Mig-15s and Mig-21s???

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR ANSWERING ME, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT:heart: :heart: :heart:

Have a look through the knowledge Base first (https://combatace.com/forums/forum/99-thirdwire-strike-fighters-knowledge-base/) that'll get you acquainted with the nuances of editing the game. It can seem a little intimidating at first, but once you understand how the game operates, the file structure, where to place assets, etc, you'll find it's quite easy to alter. If landing on a carrier in a campaign is what you're aiming for (can't do it in a skirmish as far as I'm aware, sorry), then there's a specific section for that (https://combatace.com/forums/forum/190-adding-carriers-to-campaigns/) but again, it'll be fairly useless to go straight there if you don't know how to mod campaigns. But that is covered in the link to the knowledge Base.

If you want to fight modern day fighters instead of early gen Red air, there's a relatively simple way to do that: install the aircraft as instructed in their readme files or as described in the Knowledge base, then go into the game's main folder (where the game's .exe is located). There should be a file called 'options.ini'. Make sure it's not set to 'read only'. Open it, then scroll down until you get to a subsection called [SingleMission]. It should look like this:

[SingleMission]
AircraftType=RAN FB-117A
MissionMap=BOWL
MissionType=STRIKE
MissionTime=DAWN
MissionWeather=SCATTERED
AirActivity=LIGHT
AirDefenseActivity=NORMAL
LoadMission=FALSE
LoadMissionFilename=
MissionYear=1998
StartYear=1934
EndYear=2025
  <<------------------------------------ Edit the year. Yours will likely be the default 'EndYear' which I think is in the 70s.
Service=Australia

You're going to want to edit the 'EndYear=' part. I usually change it to 2060 or higher. Now save the file. When you start the game, you should be able to select the year in the Single Mission menu to any time up to the year you changed it to. Any fighters that are available in the year you choose should be both available to fly with, or against. Whether or not enemy aircraft will be armed with any external loads will depend on if you have a weapons pack mod installed, or if the aircraft's loadout files use the default weapons names (ie AA-8, AA-9, AA-10, etc), or weapons pack designations (R-27, R-73, R-77, etc)***. My guess is that they probably won't have any weapons other than their guns, possibly not even those. Again, this will make sense if you read through the Knowledge Base section on adding weapons, or editing aircraft loadouts. Give the KB a read and have a play with it, and you'll figure out how the sim works pretty quickly.

(***I should stress that, given this game is set in the 1950s to late 1970s period, you won't see modern missiles or basically anything made after 1970s without installing a weapons pack.)

• Like 1

1983 is the default 'end date' for all the 1stGens

No, you cannot take off or land on carriers in single missions in ANY of them. To start with, carriers are only available in WoV (wings over vietnam), and only in campaigns.

Another of the reasons that SF/Wo* are deader than a door nail

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gatling20 said:

There are two editors for SFP1 available here:

Thank you very very much! :ok:

And how do i play the missions i create?

And the other members also said that you could not edit missions in SFP1 and Wo* series...

So how do these editors exist?   So do they work?

4 hours ago, Wrench said:

1983 is the default 'end date' for all the 1stGens

No, you cannot take off or land on carriers in single missions in ANY of them. To start with, carriers are only available in WoV (wings over vietnam), and only in campaigns.

Another of the reasons that SF/Wo* are deader than a door nail

Oh no… that's sad but thank you for telling me :ty:

14 hours ago, SayWhatt said:

Have a look through the knowledge Base first (https://combatace.com/forums/forum/99-thirdwire-strike-fighters-knowledge-base/) that'll get you acquainted with the nuances of editing the game. It can seem a little intimidating at first, but once you understand how the game operates, the file structure, where to place assets, etc, you'll find it's quite easy to alter. If landing on a carrier in a campaign is what you're aiming for (can't do it in a skirmish as far as I'm aware, sorry), then there's a specific section for that (https://combatace.com/forums/forum/190-adding-carriers-to-campaigns/) but again, it'll be fairly useless to go straight there if you don't know how to mod campaigns. But that is covered in the link to the knowledge Base.

If you want to fight modern day fighters instead of early gen Red air, there's a relatively simple way to do that: install the aircraft as instructed in their readme files or as described in the Knowledge base, then go into the game's main folder (where the game's .exe is located). There should be a file called 'options.ini'. Make sure it's not set to 'read only'. Open it, then scroll down until you get to a subsection called [SingleMission]. It should look like this:

[SingleMission]
AircraftType=RAN FB-117A
MissionMap=BOWL
MissionType=STRIKE
MissionTime=DAWN
MissionWeather=SCATTERED
AirActivity=LIGHT
AirDefenseActivity=NORMAL
LoadMission=FALSE
LoadMissionFilename=
MissionYear=1998
StartYear=1934
EndYear=2025
  <<------------------------------------ Edit the year. Yours will likely be the default 'EndYear' which I think is in the 70s.
Service=Australia

You're going to want to edit the 'EndYear=' part. I usually change it to 2060 or higher. Now save the file. When you start the game, you should be able to select the year in the Single Mission menu to any time up to the year you changed it to. Any fighters that are available in the year you choose should be both available to fly with, or against. Whether or not enemy aircraft will be armed with any external loads will depend on if you have a weapons pack mod installed, or if the aircraft's loadout files use the default weapons names (ie AA-8, AA-9, AA-10, etc), or weapons pack designations (R-27, R-73, R-77, etc)***. My guess is that they probably won't have any weapons other than their guns, possibly not even those. Again, this will make sense if you read through the Knowledge Base section on adding weapons, or editing aircraft loadouts. Give the KB a read and have a play with it, and you'll figure out how the sim works pretty quickly.

(***I should stress that, given this game is set in the 1950s to late 1970s period, you won't see modern missiles or basically anything made after 1970s without installing a weapons pack.)

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!

I' m so happy you gave me such a complete and detailed answer! :pilotfly:

As i said at the beginning of the topic: the Combat Ace community is the BEST :heart:

• Like 1