Sign in to follow this  
rogueranger1993

I'd like to request some skins

Hey guys!

I tried to do my own skins , but I just couldn't make it work, so I figured I'd ask here to see if someone might be willing to make a few skins for me. I'm working towards starting a Strike Fighters Let's Play using the mercenary '68 campaign on my long-neglected YouTube channel, and I'd like to show off the game a bit with some custom skins for my planes. I'd like to desert sand skins for the F-5A Freedom Fighter and the G.91R3 available here in the downloads section from Fanatic Modder. I also have a pair of images with a really cool mottles dark-gray scheme with a large skull on the plane's nose that I'd like to have made for the G.91, F-5A, Hunter 58 (63), and the Mirage IIIC if possible.

I've included a .zip file containing the reference pictures, a base skin for the G91, Mirage, and F-5A, as well as a Hunter F6; the Hunter and Mirage skins have the desert colors I'd like to use on the F-5 and G91.

So, does anyone think they could help me out? I'm not in a huge rush to get these done, I'd like to get my TrackIR setup and maybe a new throttle and/or joystick before starting to do my recordings.

Sorry, forgot to upload the .zip, and just found out that the file was too big. So, I'll include the image that I want to use as a basis for the skull-nosed dark gray camo on the Hunter F58(63), F-5A, Mirage IIIC, and G.91R3. I'd also like a mercenary sand skin for the F-5A and G.91R3 based on the ones done by Gerwin.

Sorry for the inconvenience. So, anyone winterested/willing to help me out?

nose art - skull, Instigator.png

rogueranger 1993,

This looks interesting.

Wish I could help you out but I'm currently experiencing technical difficulties with my eyes.  This has put the brakes on my skinning endeavors.

Hope to have them fixed soon.  Will let you know when I'm cleared for duty.  Maybe someone else will take this up in the meantime.

I made quite a few desert/sand-color skins in the past. You can find them in the link below.

But they may not fit the exact models you are looking for. Like there are often different models of the same aircraft type in use: Stock SF1, Stock SF2, Original TMF addon planes or Later reworked addon planes. Skins are suitable for only one exact model. (Take it as it is, I don't do requests, booked full for 10 lifetimes already :) )

https://combatace.com/profile/32175-gerwin/?do=content&type=downloads_file&change_section=1

Edit: I may have a few others that I need to upload. MiG-15 and Tu-22, maybe C-47 as well.

Edited by gerwin

I have also got a fair few Dhimari and Parani aircraft in the download section that may be of interest to you, I could most likely do some skins like these you are asking for, but I am up to my eyeballs doing others that are more likely to be useful to the community as a whole......Dunno if Spinners may be interested in doing something along these lines for you ?

Thanks for the replies. I had trouble with making my own skins because the panel lines were on the same layer as the colors, and that was the biggest issue. If someone had templates in Photoshop format that have the colors and the panel lines on separate layers, I could easily use those to do the job myself. I'm using the latest G.91R mod, the F-5E mod by TMF, and I believe that the Mirage and F-5 models are stock (although I do have SF2V installed, so that may have installed a modded F-5A - but I don't know for certain.

Anyone have files like that? Would make it super easy for me to do all of this by myself.

Third Wire did supply a few Photoshop files with panel-line layers a long time ago, 2005?, for a select few aircraft. But since then no such luck. So some people made new panel lines, some of those are in the combatace download section.

What I generally do is use every photoshop trick I know to re-use the stock panel lines. But it is not always possible, since idealy I have one camo skin and one plain color skin as a base, and it gets tideous regardless.

My way - to make skin if there are no templates available - in two steps.

1. Create template ( even if it means to draw all lines,rivets,stencils etc)

2.  Make desired skin.

Results are ultimate pleasure when you can see your final work and good words of appreciation if you share your work here on ca.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was afraid I'd have to do - redraw all of the panel lines. :censored: Admittedly, it's not a task that I'm incapable of, it's just horribly, horribly tedious - at least in most cases, there may be some planes where the work is easier than it is for others.

But yeah, if I can't find any templates available, I'll just have to sit down, shut up, and do the entire work by myself - which looks to be the case. So, I might as well start working on it - and hey, if I do get those templates made, I'll see if I can't post them in the downloads so that other people can use them in the future. I know that I would personally prefer that every aircraft add-on include proper skin templates as part of their files by default, but alas, it seems I'll have to do it the hard way.

Oh well.

Thats the spirit !!!

Remember that creating mod of any kind is no less enjoyable than flying aircraft in game. You really play this game only if you start making mods.

• Like 1