Sign in to follow this  
paulopanz

Strike Fighters Legends - PC

Strike Fighters Legends

Fly the legendary jet fighters! Cold War air combat game for Windows 10!

Use your Xbox controller to fly famous fighter jets and engage in dogfights through aviation history!

• Straight to action air combat flight game!
    • Easy controls using Xbox controller!
    • No cockpit view, no complex controls to learn!
    • Unlock 568 historical jet fighters from US, UK, France, Soviet, and China!
    • Campaigns covering air battles from 1949 to modern day!
    • Progress through the years to unlock more advanced warplanes!

Strike Fighters Legends

$24.99  

pixel.gif

System Requirements
  Processor: 64-bit 2.0 GHz
  Memory: 2.0 GB RAM
  Hard Drive: 1.1 GB free space
  Video Card: DirectX11

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sfl.htm

Anyone tested it?

I didn't test it, but I tested modern combat on PC. Even though the gameplay is great on tablet, it's not so great on PC. Gameplay is too simple for PC  and lacks a bit more of complexity. Graphics are fine, but also lacks details. It's definitely a downgrade compared to SF2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Stuntman I supposed it ... but "568 historical jet fighters from US, UK, France, Soviet, and China" it's a very good plate ....

and If ever we could port them into SF-2 ....

3 hours ago, paulopanz said:

but "568 historical jet fighters from US, UK, France, Soviet, and China" it's a very good plate ....

Most likely those 568 are mostly subvariants with different skins and armaments. As I have seen in some videos of Modern Combat, there were for instance separate Eurofighters for Germany, Italy, UK etc. Same plane with a different skin shown as a new one in the menu screen, so to speak.

Those mobile games use the Unity engine, which is perfect when it comes to small, quick games for mobile and PC. The models lack a transparent canopy glass and the number of polys (which is fine for a mobile game) seems low when compared to that of stock SF2 planes. It isn't worth to port those into SF2 anyway, unless they could be easily reworked, IMHO.

The clouds' rendering instead, I could use some of that! But it's a totally different engine...

sfl003.thumb.png.a9a7071f1279d892fa6aad7b8947ca65.png

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 4

that would explain the Sabre and BAnshee pics on Instagram.

pity, I don't have a seXBox controler, or windows 10. 

Be nice to have the Oraguan, Sabre, Panther and Banshee on our side of the screen

• Like 4

Completely uninteresting PC game when we love SF2 ! :bad:

SF2 Modders/skinners create very very numerous and beautiful add-ons to enjoy... 

SF2 needs an update from 2013 ! :dntknw:

Best regards, 

Coupi. :pilotfly:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, paulopanz said:

Thanks Stuntman I supposed it ... but "568 historical jet fighters from US, UK, France, Soviet, and China" it's a very good plate ....

Well, exporting unity assets is possible. But even putting legal considerations aside, you only get a low poly model, with opaque canopy and missing landing gear. What you can get from these apps are good skins that can be used on SF2

On 8/13/2019 at 9:23 AM, paulopanz said:

Use your Xbox controller to fly famous fighter jets and engage in dogfights through aviation history!

I already do this with SF2, though. Granted, I also use mouse and keyboard at the same time (easy to do when you know what you are going to need when), but the Xbox controller is perfectly functional for SF2.