Sign in to follow this  
ZekeMan

Nukes Aren't Working

Been wracking my brain and triple checking the folders the nuke files are loaded in but can't seem to get the proper effect in WOV. I'm sure there is some little configuration that a missed. I get them to load, drop, and even had a Mk61 explode, but with a standard explosion. No nuke noise either. Any ideas? I am using the [766]NukeBeta file.

Mike

Got to update your ini file from the july and then the august weapons updates..............weaponsdata.ini ???

Mine started working after I updated the objects/weapons folder , effects folder, and sounds folder.

I'm real new at all this also, so back up everything you got.

Edited by Sidewinder86

Got to update your ini file from the july and then the august weapons updates..............weaponsdata.ini ???

Mine started working after I updated the objects/weapons folder , effects folder, and sounds folder.

I'm real new at all this also, so back up everything you got.

I think I already have the latest weapons files installed...

I think I already have the latest weapons files installed...

Did you installe everything? Sounds, effects the works?

Did you installe everything? Sounds, effects the works?

Yessir, everything in the nuke file. I got three or four nuke types that can be dropped and all that, but there is no boom or sound.

Z

Hmm, get with fubar. Maybe he can point you in the right direction.

Is the MissileObject.ini that is included in the latest Weapons Pack, In your Objects Folder?

It needs to. It makes Effects works too. It's what ties the Weapon to the Effect.

Is the MissileObject.ini that is included in the latest Weapons Pack, In your Objects Folder?

It needs to. It makes Effects works too. It's what ties the Weapon to the Effect.

Yep, its in there!

Z

In your MissileObject.ini, make sure the following data entries are present and match the following exactly:

[NukeExplosionEffect]

GroundHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

GroundHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

WaterHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

WaterHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ObjectHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

ObjectHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

ArmorHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

AirBurstEffectName=AerialNukeEffect

AirBurstSoundName=Nuclear.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=5

[AerialNukeEffect]

GroundHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

GroundHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

WaterHitEffectName=AerialNukeEffect

WaterHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ObjectHitEffectName=AerialNukeEffect

ObjectHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=AerialNukeEffect

ArmorHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

AirBurstEffectName=AerialNukeEffect

AirBurstSoundName=Nuclear.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=5

Actually, there was a weapons.ini file in there, but it WASN'T the updated one. Not sure how that happened, but I started thinking and unzipped that file from the updated weapons pack again. Sure enough, the file that was in there was older than the new one. Got the lovely sights and sounds of thermonuclear warfare now, sigh....

My next question would be damage affects. Are the nukes just eye candy, or do they come with all the destructive womp of a real nuke. I flew a mission against a railway bridge last night and dropped the nuke (B61) pretty close to it but it never game me a "mission accomplished" message.

Z

It's a present limitation of the game.

Right now, they're tactical nukes, with a yield of 10 KT or so, and will not destroy a reinforced structure unless it has a lightened damage model assigned to it.

For example, if you nuke an airbase, you'll kill any and all AC nearby, the air defenses, oil tanks, etc, but hangers and such will survive as they require a direct hit.

The aerial nuke will take out any ac within a fair radius (including your own if you choose a target that's too close).

It's a present limitation of the game.

Right now, they're tactical nukes, with a yield of 10 KT or so, and will not destroy a reinforced structure unless it has a lightened damage model assigned to it.

For example, if you nuke an airbase, you'll kill any and all AC nearby, the air defenses, oil tanks, etc, but hangers and such will survive as they require a direct hit.

The aerial nuke will take out any ac within a fair radius (including your own if you choose a target that's too close).

Cool. Are they're Nuke Genie missiles available? Or is it a version of the Phoenix?

Z

Cool. Are they're Nuke Genie missiles available? Or is it a version of the Phoenix?

Z

AiM-26 nuclear Falcons

AiM-26 nuclear Falcons

Now are these weapons that one has to use the weapons editor to get into the game? I couldn't find these listed in the "objects\weapons" folder.

Z

Now are these weapons that one has to use the weapons editor to get into the game? I couldn't find these listed in the "objects\weapons" folder.

Z

If you've installed any of the more recent weapons packs, you should have the Nuke Falcon available as a loadout on Air Force F-4s.

If you've installed any of the more recent weapons packs, you should have the Nuke Falcon available as a loadout on Air Force F-4s.

Only on F-4s? Hmmm, okay, I will double check.