Dave

Who Is Doing What in DCS??

What is everyone flying in DCS right now?  How active is everyone?

I try to rotate through everything but find myself flying the F-5E a bit more than anything else, but I really enjoy flying the F-86F as well. I try to get in at least one flight every night... either a cold ramp start/takeoff/landing or a quick dogfight. Some nights, I start flying early and go to bed way too late. Nevada is my favorite terrain... a throwback to Jane's USAF. So any aircraft that has a quick start air-to-air mission over Nevada gets some of my flying time.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

I'm at the buying parts for a new rig stage... so not at all active really.

Plan is to use the F-5E to get back in by using it as a lead-in trainer then graduate to the F-14 and/or F/A-18. I generally gravitate towards naval ops in every sim so for now they're my natural choice.

With Razbam working on a Falklands map I'm kinda holding out for a Sea Harrier down the road... Officially announced or not they kinda have to to release a Sea Harrier if they're doing the Falklands... no point having that map otherwise.

• Like 1

I'm primarily flying the Tomcat (WOW! WHO'D HAVE GUESSED!?), but I have the F/A-18, Mirage 2000C, F-5E, AJS37, AV-8B, A-10C, the Flaming Cliffs 3 set, the F-86 and MiG-15 and have pre-ordered the Viper.  Variety is the spice of life!  I fly usually 3 times a week or so with a small group I met through one of the Facebook DCS groups.  Primarily fly PvE, but we'll do some guns-only PvP, too.  I've got Nevada, Persian Gulf, and Normandy maps atop the default.

Finished the MiG-19P - that is pretty cool and been running the AV-8B training in between getting to grips with the new stuff in BMS.

• Like 1

So I am wondering which way to go as well. I have been playing ARMA3 and SF2 but miss pure multiplayer air combat. Which way do I go? I have DCS and IL2, and a bunch of others...DCS is sooo expensive in $ and time, but I'd be willing as long as there is a real community. I'd prefer golden age jets as in SF, 2nd/3rd generation, but would do 4th too. I should look at BMS before I buy more DCS modules.