tn_prvteye

You may want to see this - A message from 3rd Wire, CROWFUNDING campaign for Sf2 update

back to the models debate, if he set up a fully functional exporter thats not restricted to Max2009, that would get alot more people making models. Hell, Mue made an exporter for Blender, but it doesnt allow animations iirc and if you are in school or have a kid in school its not hard to get a student license for Max upto three years back (figured that out in 2013 sooooo)

• Like 1

Agree  exporter is top in my list....nothing fancy...same as for max2009 but just modern day...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

Hell, Mue made an exporter for Blender, but it doesnt allow animations iirc...

Correction: the blender exporter does support animations. But note: The exporter is written for blender version 2.78/2.79. It isn't updated for the new blender version 2.80 yet.

• Like 2

Questions and answers from TK:

[Q&A]

Q. What happens if the funding goal isn't met?

A. Not everything will be lost even if we don't make the funding goal. We do plan on securing the amount we're short by through other means (loans) and still get the Windows 10 update done at a later time (probably early next year). If we have to go this route however, the update will have to be a paid update and not free to everyone so we can at least recover part of the cost. It'll be free to only those who contributed to this and those who purchased the SF2 Complete Edition.

Please note that this campaign is set as "Keep it all", meaning we keep all the contributions even if the funding goal isn't meat.

Q. Can we add <xyz> features and fix <abc> bugs?

A. We'd love to be able to do everything everyone is asking for, but unfortunately, all these take a lot of time and money. If you're expecting our games to have all the features from other AAA-quality games, then you'll be disappointed. Those games costs 10+ (some over 100+) million budget, and there is simply no way we can even come close to that with $100-500K budget we usually spend on our games. If we do make more than the funding goal, we'll have the contributors vote and decide on which features we should spend that extra amount on.

Q. Are you going to continue to support the game?

A. We wish we could continue to support the game forever, but again, these things takes a lot of money, and we simply can not afford to keep supporting old games for years and decades. This crowd funding goal is enough to pay for just 2 months of operation. In order for us to continue to support the game year after year, we need the community to continue to buy our games (and not just play them) year after year.

Q. Isn't it better to do Strike Fighters 3?

A. We'd love to be able to do SF3, but we're not ready to commit that much time and money to a new PC game at this point (we still haven't paid off the development cost of SF2NA). A completely new game would take us at least 5 years and cost us at at least 2 million. Plus, everyone expect post-release support for 10-20 additional years, easily doubling the cost. We just don't think we'll be able to raise that amount needed based on numbers we have. We'd love to be proven wrong on this, if this fund raising goes way better than expected, we can re-consider this in the future.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

When I saw this message I instaled SF2 again after 5years and ....ok it was nice but I think that it is time to move. There is too many "hotfixes"

which cover some specific behavior and technology is already obsolete. Yes I am dreaming about something similar - "semi lite", but still simulator with dynamic campaign,

from 1960-80s, not primarily multiplayer game, with terrain which feels good and moddable.

• Like 1

8 days left with just over 2800 dollars so far im  pessimistic about donating....looks like its barely going to exceed 3000   and im sure nothing will be updated for that so probably may as well chuck money at something thats deffo happening...

54 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

8 days left with just over 2800 dollars so far im  pessimistic about donating....looks like its barely going to exceed 3000   and im sure nothing will be updated for that so probably may as well chuck money at something thats deffo happening...

In the update TK stated, there will be a patch. It will probably have to be paid  for. Supporters may get it for free...

• Like 1

I´ll pay with two conditions - No more than 20 bucks and simple install without mess up with my games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

Wondering If you have something in mind... :dntknw:

19 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Wondering If you have something in mind... :dntknw:

if he does actually promise to make update with whatever amount is raised,then I will give something,but only if he guarantees we get some update,at least fix gfx shyte ...if not my cash going towards Cod MW   (a higher package rather than basic)

Well, the Win10 update seems a reality, at least is something official from TK for SF2 after all this years.

To be honest, as my game on W10 is running smoothly, to make this update atractive, should be a low price as I said and some extras like FAC missions, Transport missions, water take-off/landing abillity or things like that. Unless is useless...

• Like 1

I asked TK on Facebook, If we could ask for features, here's the answer, so there was hope ( I say "WAS", cause I doubt we could reach the 25k).

MH14w3u.jpg

TK should extend this another two weeks to a month. We've waited 11 years, we can wait till Q12020. Sucks that I won't be able to contribute because of money issues and just finding out about this. Sucks.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:54 AM, mue said:

Correction: the blender exporter does support animations. But note: The exporter is written for blender version 2.78/2.79. It isn't updated for the new blender version 2.80 yet.

my mistake, and good to hear!

Doesnt look promising  $3,760 wont get us a lot with only 5days to go. doubt it would get us even a 3dsmax exporter

I'm just thinking out loud (or in writing) ... if TK confesses that the game did not sell as planned and we add that the community does not generate significant new profits, will it not be appropriate to redirect your business to the community? modder and mod consumers? Instead of creating a new saga that cannot be financed, it could give a new air to what it has with small patches that apply very specific functions, I remember as an example the mods of mirage of Dennis Olivera needed his DLC and I bet that many do not resisted acquiring it only to use the mod, according to that idea, you can work with refueling in flight,  A/G radars, etc., so you can pay the programming time, a part finances it with crowdfundings and the result sells it in the royalty-free DLC style Of course for taxpayers who would be largely the modders of this community ... comments ??? Is what I am thinking very silly? we will have to put ourselves in the skin of the programmer and propose a business idea that benefits us all

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PeacePuma said:

I'm just thinking out loud (or in writing) ... if TK confesses that the game did not sell as planned and we add that the community does not generate significant new profits, will it not be appropriate to redirect your business to the community? modder and mod consumers? Instead of creating a new saga that cannot be financed, it could give a new air to what it has with small patches that apply very specific functions, I remember as an example the mods of mirage of Dennis Olivera needed his DLC and I bet that many do not resisted acquiring it only to use the mod, according to that idea, you can work with refueling in flight,  A/G radars, etc., so you can pay the programming time, a part finances it with crowdfundings and the result sells it in the royalty-free DLC style Of course for taxpayers who would be largely the modders of this community ... comments ??? Is what I am thinking very silly? we will have to put ourselves in the skin of the programmer and propose a business idea that benefits us all

Not a bad idea, but that will require TK to come here and talk with the modders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Not a bad idea, but that will require TK to come here and talk with the modders.

:yikes:

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Yeah... amen to that.

12 hours ago, Stratos said:

Good luck with that!

I don't see anything moving forward for this game except what the community is doing and we are doing it for free, as we love this game. With all respect to TK, he is thinking of the business part of the game and that is correct, nothing wrong with that, he did a great job with the game. On the other hand we think of it from what we would like to have in the game from our point of view and that is normal for any community.  These two roads wouldn't join without sitting together. I wouldn't hold my breath to see anything in the near future. except our work and dedication.

• Like 6