MigBuster

Help fund the Strike Fighters 2 Windows 10 update!

13 minutes ago, gerwin said:

Good news in itself,

So I have read the two topics on this fund raiser, and the comments at the fundrazr.com. I understand the term 'Keep it all' campaign. But AFAIK such a campaign requires TK to state what happens when the goal is not reached? Worst case the money is then used to fund mobile rubbish instead? It is not comfortable to make a decision when I lack the info that I need... 

Erm - yes and until somebody gets any kind of reply from TK on that matter then we are all in the dark.

Okay. Thanks for confirming that.

I will just keep checking for this in the coming days... I suppose this does take the speed out of this initiative.

39 minutes ago, gerwin said:

Good news in itself,

So I have read the two topics on this fund raiser, and the comments at the fundrazr.com. I understand the term 'Keep it all' campaign. But AFAIK such a campaign requires TK to state what happens when the goal is not reached? Worst case the money is then used to fund mobile rubbish instead? It is not comfortable to make a decision when I lack the info that I need... 

I sent him a mail asking for more info, If he replies I will post the info.

• Thanks 4

On 9/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, streakeagle said:

If there were just 5,000 fans donating $5, this bill would be covered.

To put that in another perspective that is just 250 people at $100 per person or 500 people at $50 per person.

At the time of this post the average contribution is $52.57 per person from 37 people.

The average doesn't matter, it is the total. Clearly it is not going to hit the mark and I threw my money away. The active SF2 "crowd" is probably less than 2,000 people and only 37 have donated. That's a wrap.

When I consider how much money I have spent going to movies that might have entertained me for 2 hours, I don't have a problem with giving TK some more money. I literally played SFP1/WoX/SF2 almost every day for about a decade. The F-4 Phantom is the airplane I love the most and to this day SF2 is still the best sim to enjoy the F-4 in its historical environment. The FSX/P3d F-4s I have from Milviz and Simworks Studios are amazing, but are almost useless in that environment. TacPack is cool, but it doesn't even come close to providing the experience you can get in SF2. At this point, DCS World is the only combat flight sim available that satisfies me. But even after the F-4E is available in DCS World (2 to 5 years away?), DCS World still won't have the century series or a full Korean War environment with flyable F2H-2s (and numerous other aircraft not likely to ever be modeled in DCS World). It is a shame that TK couldn't find a way to keep the SF2 series profitable and continue development.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 2

If targets not reached...(.pigs will fly,before it is sorry but its reality)....will people get donation back...alsorts been promised before thats no happened....target and timeframe just isnt viable...year or two ago maybe....more people in SF community about then....thats why I aint donating...It was doomed from start  im investing in something I know will happen...Call Of Duty Modern Warfare....

If and a big if....if hes short of 50 dollars\pounds one hour from deadline then yes.....I `ll cough up

Edited by russouk2004

6 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

If targets not reached...(.pigs will fly,before it is sorry but its reality)....will people get donation back...

No, this is in the webpage

The funny thing, because it's setup as a donation with no guarantee or strings attached and the timeframe is entirely unreasonable for the amount and the size of the active community at the present time, many people who would or could contribute, or contribute more are just staying away from it because they are NOT willing to give money to TK to finance further mobile games.

TK screwed himself with this one and will once more get bitter with us and use this whole fiasco as a further excuse not to care about us.

@russouk2004 The problem with that attitude is that you're far from the only one in that situation, I certainly am too, and it's this lack of goodwill and trust that TK created over the years that is also harming his current "effort"; We'd rather wait and see, at the risk of dooming the project, than blindly trust TK... A few years ago he might have made it though.

Edited by Gunrunner

Poor TK. Now he is getting flak from the mobile faction:

I get the message, you’re abandoning SFMC mobile. It was about PC’s all along. How can you not attempt funding for SFMC when “resources” are the reason the game can’t be improved?

Source

Looks like TK finally got around to answering some of the questions 

Here's what's in the Q&A Section on the fundraiser site: 

[Q&A]

Q. What happens if the funding goal isn't met? 

A. Not everything will be lost even if we don't make the funding goal. We do plan on securing the amount we're short by through other means (loans) and still get the Windows 10 update done at a later time (probably early next year). If we have to go this route however, the update will have to be a paid update and not free to everyone so we can at least recover part of the cost. It'll be free to only those who contributed to this and those who purchased the SF2 Complete Edition. 

Please note that this campaign is set as "Keep it all", meaning we keep all the contributions even if the funding goal isn't meat. 

Q. Can we add <xyz> features and fix <abc> bugs? 

A. We'd love to be able to do everything everyone is asking for, but unfortunately, all these take a lot of time and money. If you're expecting our games to have all the features from other AAA-quality games, then you'll be disappointed. Those games costs 10+ (some over 100+) million budget, and there is simply no way we can even come close to that with $100-500K budget we usually spend on our games. If we do make more than the funding goal, we'll have the contributors vote and decide on which features we should spend that extra amount on. 

Q. Are you going to continue to support the game? 

A. We wish we could continue to support the game forever, but again, these things takes a lot of money, and we simply can not afford to keep supporting old games for years and decades. This crowd funding goal is enough to pay for just 2 months of operation. In order for us to continue to support the game year after year, we need the community to continue to buy our games (and not just play them) year after year. 

Q. Isn't it better to do Strike Fighters 3? 

A. We'd love to be able to do SF3, but we're not ready to commit that much time and money to a new PC game at this point. A completely new game would take us at least 5 years and cost us at at least 2 million. Plus, everyone expect post-release support for 10-20 additional years, easily doubling the cost. We just don't think we'll be able to raise that amount needed based on numbers we have. We'd love to be proven wrong on this, if this fund raising goes way better than expected, we can re-consider this in the future.

Thank you!

Slightly more promising...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mue said:

Poor TK. Now he is getting flak from the mobile faction:

Source

Sometimes people read or overthink things and get false conclusions, and probably make more damage with their ignorance than they can comprehend. TK never said he abandons mobile games. He tries to put a little extra life in the SF2 world so he can still sell them after 2020 when win7 support stops and most will migrate to win10 if not already there.

We all love the SF series and I think we can all make this work .. I'm sure TK's heart is in it; and that can only be a good thing!  For what it's worth, I've chimed in and hope we can reach the goal!

Cheers

• Like 4

15 hours ago, maverickvf142 said:

Looks like TK finally got around to answering some of the questions 

Here's what's in the Q&A Section on the fundraiser site: 

Q. What happens if the funding goal isn't met? 

A. Not everything will be lost even if we don't make the funding goal. We do plan on securing the amount we're short by through other means (loans) and still get the Windows 10 update done at a later time (probably early next year). If we have to go this route however, the update will have to be a paid update and not free to everyone so we can at least recover part of the cost. It'll be free to only those who contributed to this and those who purchased the SF2 Complete Edition. 

Slightly more promising...

So it would mean that we would have the update in any case, which is a good news. I don't mind waiting a bit more, and paying for an update, if I can bring TK back to PC business

Edited by stuntman

The additional information on this campaign is fine with me. Just don't really like Windows 10 anyways. But whatever helps TK doing some actual PC SF stuff again. So I threw in a contribution now.

• Like 2

Q. ok Mr Russouk,you are making 10 hi fidelity 3d model aircraft that the community wanted aded for a few years now,how much do you need to raise.

A, £20,000  that will cover the cost of my time,making the models,and my graphic artists,time etc,  if we dont meet the target then we will still make the update,but not for free... people who donated will receive the update free,otherwise it will be a payed update.

Q.. so an update costing £29.99 will be free to those who donated say £100 etc..sounds like a bargain...

sound familiar ?

I quote "    Please note that this campaign is set as "Keep it all", meaning we keep all the contributions even if the funding goal isn't met."

Im being skeptical and critical not for fun but because I think TK has shot himself in the foot...if he had kept forums open...answered problems etc...and tried to start a Strike Fighters series fund ,when it was still busy ...he might still be working on the pc version now and not needing us to pay for updates to make the game we bought usable in todays environment in pcs today.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Thanks 2

I'm afraid TK still don't undestand, that new life for Strike Fighters isn't DX12, but support for AG missions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, guuruu said:

I'm afraid TK still don't undestand, that new life for Strike Fighters isn't DX12, but support for AG missions.

Come on guuruu, it's both!  Aren't you tired of the old dx7shaders, and working on Max9.. (I know I am LOL!)  Have faith, one update will eventually lead to others!

• Like 4

As Sophocles said, we need both. I will be more than happy with in flight refuelling and slewable avionics, maybe TK should release the source code and the instructions of how to use it. lol

• Like 2

Yes guyz, you are ofc right,but tell me what you would choose... better graphic or better engine ;-) And Stratos and Sophocles .. you know guyz, I'l never say any word against you ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, guuruu said:

Yes guyz, you are ofc right,but tell me what you would choose... better graphic or better engine ;-) And Stratos and Sophocles .. you know guyz, I'l never say any word against you ;-)

If for better engine you mean, solved bugs and new features like the ones I asked, I would vote for new engine any time. After all, I'm still flying Il2 1946.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alexis99 said:

Will this update also bring SF1 up to windows 10?

Of course not. That would make no sense at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By robstat7
      Hi,
      After updating to October 2008 patch, the game hangs and then crashes at 60% while loading an instant or single mission.
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Hello Everyone!

Today is a Big Day for our project and our community - update 4.701 is now available! And with it comes a new game world technology – cloud rendering based on hypertextures. This technology, in comparison with the previous one, carries a number of improvements, such as:

Increased variety of cloud cover;

A new level of scale of cloud formations;

Higher level (macro level) of cloud structures;
      Greater realism of structures and forms of cloud formations;
      Improved lighting model of clouds, and objects under and in the clouds;
      Diverse structure of overcast clouds (including "windows" and cloudless areas);
      Localization of precipitation under significant cloud formations and, as a consequence, localization of precipitation on the map;
      New visualization of precipitation at a distance;
      New rainfall lighting model;
      Lack of repeatability of the cloud distribution map on the scale of the game map;
      Reduced number of "compromise" solutions such as "object outlines" "mountain intersection aliasing", etc.;
      Increased performance of the graphics subsystem.

The mission format was changed, so third-party missions and campaigns need to be re-saved using Mission Editor or Mission Re-saver utility. Old track records can be played by deleting the .msnbin file from their folder. We have taken great care in mimicking the current cloud selection options for mission builders, so all your older missions are technically compatible with the new clouds. However, the clouds will look quite different and you may need to adjust your mission design to get the desired result. The new clouds are much larger on average than the current ones so visuals will be quite a bit different. We apologize if the new clouds inconveniences mission makers. We hope that the improvements outweigh any problems and we also hope to add some additional cloud patterns in the coming months.

Overall, we hope the new clouds will significantly increase the visual realism of our simulator, as well as bring a new greater simming and gaming experience.

Another great addition in this update is for Flying Circus – Vol. II. Included is the versatile two-seater - the German DFW C.V. It was the most common aircraft of this type on the German side from 1917 until the end of the First World War. This small aircraft is capable of carrying up to 200 kilograms of 12- and 50-kilogram bombs. Additionally, it is armed with a Spandau machine gun and a defensive Parabellum. Various modifications are provided for the installation of a camera, radio, defensive turret with a Parabellum coaxial machine gun or a Becker 20mm automatic cannon. The placement of the Benz Bz.IV engine is a peculiar one, in which the pilot has significant difficulties in looking ahead. However, this motor is quite powerful at 200hp. Quite an accomplishment in 1917.

In addition, this update brings a long-awaited development goal - all planes are converted to 4K skins texturing. This was done in coordination with a few super dedicated community members! The last aircraft to be converted from 2K to 4K texturing in update 4.701 is the Yak-1b series 127. In addition, the Battle of Normandy development plan is moving along, and in this update, all map building objects planned for Normandy are available in the Mission Editor. Also in 4.701, all ground vehicles, which were planned for the Flying Circus – Vol. II were added to the project. Finally, there are many other changes and improvements, a complete list of which you can find below:

Main features
      1. DFW C.V airplane is now available for all customers who pre-ordered Flying Circus Vol. II;
      2. The new hypertexturing cloud technology added to the sim;
      3. Yak-1b fighter has external 4K texturing done by Martin = ICDP = Catney;
      4. Visual shot effect improved for all guns in the game;
      5. New fuel tank explosion visual effects created: different for WWI and WWII era aircraft and for ground and in-flight explosions;
      6. Wind direction can be chosen in Quick Mission;
      7. Morning/evening fog can now be selected with any weather subtype in Quick Mission;
      8. Precipitation strength can now be set separately from the cloud type in Quick Mission;
      9. Cloud types have informative names in the Quick Mission weather panel;
      10. Fw 190 A3, A5 and A6 aircraft paint schemes updated (Martin = ICDP = Catney);
      11. P-39L paint schemes updated (Martin = ICDP = Catney);

New objects for Battle of Normandy
      12. European farmsteads “town_eu_small”;
      13. English city blocks "town_gb_block";
      14. Temporary Mulberry harbor objects "mlbr_bridge", "mlbr_pierhead", "mlbr_phoenix", "mlbr_phoenix";
      15. Radar stations Chain Home Low, Chain Home RX, Chain Home TX, FuMG-401 Freya LZ-A, FuMG 41/42 Mammut;
      16. V-1 launch site structures (the missile itself is still in development);
      17. A short section ramps for railway and road bridges "br_rw_ramphish_dn" and "br_rd_ramphish_dn";
      18. A reverse arch for the automobile bridges "br_rw_invarch";
      19. Pier object “port_n_walkingpier”;
      20. Hangars, barracks and shelters “arf_n_hangarb1”, “arf_n_hangarblister”, “arf_n_hangart2” (open and closed), “arf_n_nissenhut” (in blocks one, two and three barracks), “arf_n_hangarb1”;
      21. Objects updated: airfield hangars “arf_hangars_1”, “arf_hangars_2”, “arf_hangars_3”;
      22. Objects updated: "arf_caponiers_13_h_1" and "arf_caponiers_14_h_1";
      23. Coastal barriers ("hedgehogs", etc.) "bf_n_barrageat", "bf_n_barragebg", "bf_n_barragelog";
      24. Defenses “bf_n_mgpos”, “bf_n_aaposmid”, “bf_n_aaposheavy”, “bf_n_artpos”, “bf_n_comandpost”, “bf_n_pbunker” (as well as static artillery of the German coastline defense):
      25. Unique landmarks: Ardennes Abbey, Caen Castle, Falaise Castle, Evreux Cathedral, Cherbourg Fort, Moncton Fort, Portsmouth Hospital, Stonehenge, Winchester Prison;
      26. German long-range artillery concrete positions R669 (155 mm) and R683 (210 mm);
      27. British armored car Humber Mk.IV;

New objects for Flying Circus Vol. II
      28. Renault FT tank;
      29. Schneider CA 1 tank;
      30. Mark V (female) tank;
      31. The open version of Leyland 3 Ton truck;
      32. The open and ambulance versions of Daimler DR4 truck;
      33. The open and mobile AA searchlight versions of Benz LKW 1912 truck;
      34. The open, ambulance and mobile AA searchlight versions of Jeffery Quad truck;
      35. The German AA 37 mm automatic gun Maxim Flak M14;

Aircraft changes
      36. P-51D-15 engine model was fine-tuned and its speeds increased slightly (by about 5-8 miles per hour with a boost of 67 inches) as the result;
      37. P-51D-15 handling at high speeds was improved. Controls are a little less stiff within the envelope;
      38. P-51D-15 behavior at high Mach numbers was tweaked, Shaking and loss of control at the edge of envelope more severe; More likely to suffer airframe damage if trim used too liberally at high Mach.
      39. P-51D-15 autopilot has been improved - the level flight assist more accurately maintains the altitude with different amounts of fuel remaining;
      40. The excessive water spattering on the P-51D-15 canopy during the rain has been reduced;
      41. Fixed shaking of both SPAD VII.C1 150 hp and 180 hp in the absence of a control signal at high (but lower than buffeting) speeds;
      42. The issue of the absence of US pilots in B-25 and A-20 aircraft during Winter has been fixed;
      43. The texture of the smoke generators in the hangar was corrected;
      44. Fixed the "lagging" of the ammo explosion effect from the aircraft;
      45. Reduced the likelihood of cases when a high-speed frontal collision won’t cause aircraft destruction;
      46. Ju 87 D-3 brake flaps won’t visually disappear at a distance;
      47. The AI pilots try to not hit allies in the line of fire (functionality restored);
      48. Fuel tanks and aircraft structure are correctly damaged by AP projectiles fired by simple (non-detailed) AI-controlled objects;
      49. Fokker D.VIII: the anemometer is correctly visible from the cockpit;

Ground vehicle changes
      50. KV-1s and T-34 mod. 43: the interior visual model of the gun in the mantle area has been improved;
      51. KV-1s machine gun ammunition corrected (coaxial MG 25 magazines, rear MG 9 magazines, bow MG 15 magazines);
      52. The overestimated combat survivability of guns, guidance mechanisms, electrical systems and radio stations has been reduced on all tanks, both detailed and simple. Tank guns can be disabled by an AP round hit of a similar caliber or multiple hits of .50 and larger caliber AP bullets;
      53. MG firing sound correctly stops when a detailed tank is destroyed;
      54. AI-controlled tank and aircraft turret MGs sounds corrected;
      55. Some AI-controlled tanks and AFVs will fire their coaxial MGs (Humber, SdKfz-222);
      56. A game and dedicated server crash bug that could happen randomly in multiplayer missions with A LOT of ground vehicles has been found and fixed;

Career and Quick Mission changes
      57. In Сareer mode the UK and US crews have the correct crew visual models and paint schemes depending on their country;
      58. Random encounters with high-altitude interceptors (including Me 262) added to AQMG;
      59. In AQMG, the behavior of AI bombers in Intercept Bombers type missions has been changed (they may panic, drop the bombs and run away when the flight leader is shot down);
      60. UK and US callsigns of ground observation posts have been corrected in AQMG;
      61. Correct paint schemes are assigned to aircraft covering the airfield in Attack Airfield type missions in AQMG;
      62. The cruise speed of P-47D-22 and P-47D-28 in Career mode missions is adjusted to the historical 250 mph;
      63. Two previously AI-only squadrons in the Career mode on the Rhineland map can be joined by the player: No. 322 (Dutch) Squadron RAF and No. 329 (Free French) Squadron RAF.
      64. The redeployment mission from Migalovo to Dugino on 22.10.1941 for the German II./LG 2 squadron (Bf 109 E-7) has been restored;

Mission Editor changes
      65. Location of the toolbars are saved correctly, system toolbars and sections are removed;
      66. It is now possible to set a block of buildings state to ‘destroyed’ by not entering all the individual IDs of the blocks, but only one ID = -1 with a damage level of 1. This should greatly save time for adding a destroyed block of buildings, reduce the size of missions created, mission loading time, and slightly increase performance.
      67. Setting the value of block damage with ID = -1 between 0.1 and 0.9 will result in random destruction of the corresponding percentage of buildings in the block (the fewer buildings are in the block the more random it becomes). The random destruction of specific buildings is tied to the coordinates of the block on the map.

• By MigBuster

The latest iteration of the Billion Soft Falcon 4.0 total conversion modification - Benchmark Sims 4.35 U2 - is available for you to enjoy as of RIGHT NOW!
      BMS 4.35 U2 requires a legit installation of a Falcon 4.0 (all older and newer versions are accepted alike, i.e. Microprose, Hasbro, GOG, Steam, Retroism). The check is performed both at setup time and every time you start BMS. If no valid installation is found, BMS will exit with a corresponding error message.
      U2 is an incremental update on top of 4.35 base + U1, so you need to have the BMS 4.35 Full Installer package and Update 1 available on your PC. You can both update your existing 4.35 base + U1 installation as well as perform a fresh 4.35 base + U1 + U2 installation from scratch, as you like. See the installation instructions below for details.

This mod may not be used for any commercial purposes. Any such use may constitute a violation of the intellectual property of Billion Soft (Hong Kong) Limited and the non-commercial Terms and Conditions under which Benchmark Sims make this mod available to you.

Generic Information & Known issues: =================================== — The build number string in the Falcon UI will read "4.35.2 (x64) Build 23835" after the update. — The shortcuts in the start menu and on your desktop will NOT be renamed to U2, they will still read "Falcon BMS 4.35" after the update, feel free to rename them manually. — The following change log is by no means complete. Its purpose is to give you a quick overview about the highlights. You can expect tons of smaller tweaks and fixes. — If you have any questions or found bugs regarding the change log items please always! reference the revision number, e.g. "(r12345)". — Note: None of the manuals have been updated yet. The 4.35.1 manuals remain valid. File Updates: ============= - Falcon BMS.cfg - IVC Client.ini - RTTClient.ini - RTTServer.ini - Key Files - Note: Please always update the files manually. Don't copy paste! Table of content: ================= 01. CTD fixes 02. Falcon BMS.cfg changes 03. Shared Memory changes 04. Tool updates 05. Key File & Input fixes & updates 06. Multiplayer fixes & improvements 07. ATC fixes & improvements 08. Weather fixes & improvements 09. Various code fixes & improvements 10. Various data fixes & improvements 01. CTD fixes: ============== - Fixed CTDs related to gndai. (r23563) - Fixed CTDs after map erase, iterator is invalided for that position. (r23591) - Avoid dangling pointer after deleting pn->subPartData. (r23592) - CTD fix when pilot nid is above hardcoded 686. (r23637) - Fixed gndai waypoint CTD. (r23646) - CTD fix in the whole ATC state machine, rule out helos from ATC entirely. (r23681) - CTD fix in landme (null ptr check). (r23702) - Locked simloop UpdateATC, since this can be called from campaign thread (race condition CTD). (r23765) - Fixes alpha CTD due to different viewports. (r23432) - Fixes nullptr PAKmap CTD. (r23348) - CTD fix, related to nullptr insertion of GroupDrawLists. (r23356) - Fix for pure virtual CTDs. (r23389) - Tons of other CTD fixes. 02. Falcon BMS.cfg changes: =========================== - Added missing lines in the Falcon BMS.cfg (r14319): * set g_nRespawnTimeforStuckAI (default 6 minutes). ReagTimer and DeagTimer adjusted accordingly. * set g_bHostDisableP2pForDubiousConnections (default 0/false). Should be activated for large MP events. Note: - U2 *does* replace your existing config file. Do *not* make a backup! - Instead, re-configure from scratch based on the new file, otherwise you'll miss new config options. 03. Shared Memory changes ========================= NONE 04. Tool updates ================ - Fixed the BMS Editor 'Model Viewer' (r23421) 05. Key File & Input fixes & updates ==================================== NONE 06. Multiplayer fixes & improvements ==================================== NONE 07. ATC fixes & improvements ============================ - Make sure DigitalBrain rWindex is aligned with the ATC / Airbase in the whole landme function. (r23681) - ATCMsg is missing a break statement. In case of lParked, info can be destroyed and default case will access it. - Fix for ATCBrain::GetOppositeRunway (r23629) - pointer in ATCBrain::ProcessQueue() gets deleted twice. (r23652) - Fix in ATCBrain: Pointer nextTakeoff may become dangling during function. (r23660) 08. Weather fixes & improvements ================================ NONE 09. Various code fixes & improvements: ====================================== Note: The following changes may include data & 3ddb updates as well. - Fixed ground Units not reaggregating and memory corruption as well. (r23506) - Fixed ObjectLOD races -> missing cockpit and model problems. (r23562) - Fixed repairing code in campaign thread. It will now send a message to SimLoop thread and all clients to repair the given feature. (r23564) - Fix Squadron stores ressuply when aircraft are coming back home. (r23580) - Added critical section during ObjectLOD::Unload.This can avoid a leak, in the case of unload/load/unload sequences. (r23593) - Fix for out of bounds access in the O_Output WordWrap function. (r23606) - Prevent accessing the team array out of bounds. (r23607) - Avoid buffer overflow write, which caused memory corrupption in SetAcLoadout. (r23611) - Fixed TGP being blocked after loosing a flight element. (r23611) - When movieClose is called, we can release the surface twice, causing undefined behavior. (r23621) - BaseBrain lastTarget is not referencing the object it points to. As a result, it may become dangling when targetPtr is dereferenced. (r23627) - Fixed UI_UpdateOccupationMap (r23637) - Fixes deadlock due to ArrestorDraw. (r23639) - Fix for SimVehicleClass::Sleep is not nulling death message. (r23661) - Make sure to call ClearTarget on SimBrain destructor, to avoid leaks. (r23664) - Fix for Weapon fire msg is converting helicopter to aircraft. (r23665) - Fixed overruns within the 3D-interpolationfunction (MissileClass::GetRMax, GetRneMax and GetRopt)when it tries to access the assumed 3D-data. (r23692) - Added precondition checks and fixes in 1, 2 and 3D-interpolation function. (r23693) - Fixed bogus values being read outside the data table array. (r23693) - Fixed memory leak in SimWeapon::launcher. (r23718) - Fixed bad cockpit text drawing outside Start and Finish frame. (r23726) - Fixed memory corruption in CameraDrawList. (r23727) - Fixed zero devision in GetRMax. (r23736) - Fix to avoid deleting any waypoint from SimVehicleClass which is shared with gNavigationSys waypoints. (r23737) - Avoid dispatcher races (UI and campaign for example) when leaving campaign or 3d (depending on game type). (r23739) - Added Copy paste functionality in edit box and chat command line. (r23755) - AIM120 fixes: That makes MADDOG shots a defensive of WVR mode as expected. (r23761) * MADDOG : goes active as soon as off the rail and scan with a limited range capability * MADDOG : does not loft anymore since has no information on range when fired * HOJ : HOJ is only capable when the missile went active - Fixed AI reacting to missile too early when missile was in HPRF instead of MPRF. (r23762) - Fixed out of bounds fix in ooutput: when SetText is called on an existing O_Output. (r23770) - Fixed Terrain loading race. (r23774) - Fixed Shadow map was not being cleared after sundown. (r23792) - Fixed race possibilities while exiting campaign/TE. (r23795) - Fixes nan values due to InJetWash computation. (r23435) - Fix Heat Blur positioning and velocity when aircraft is in Idle. (r23401) - Fix heat Blur not oriented correctly with vectoring thrust. (r23401) - And many, many more. 10. Various data fixes & improvements: ====================================== Note: The following changes may include code & 3ddb updates as well. - Updated ambiant light since we have real moon now. (r14084) - Fixed TracersGreen and TracersRed missing alpha channel. (r14141) - Fixed Al-Tariq bomb : mimic the GBU-54 instead of the GBU-12. (r14142) - Fixed F18 series totally out of control while landing. (r14186) - F-16 Cockpits updated. (r14333) * Made flight control stick move (very little) * Fixed seat adjustment switch. Now it has the washer and jam nut on the sidewall to hold the switch. * Added more switches on the 2 seater F-16s for more real life accuracy. * Textures updated. - Fixed JFS Start does not work in all non F-16 cockpits. (r14339) - Fixed Unit Flight's element for ASW, ECM, Recon and Tanker types. (r14340) - Updated American F-16 CCIP pit avionics panel to the more correct panel. (r14347) - Fixed RSAF F-16 IFF panel. Digits were not working. (r14347) - Fixed F-16 Sufa cockpit. Changed from Aux Comm to IFF panel. (r14350) - Cleaned up some texture misalignments on the night lighting and missing backlighting in some areas of some cockpits. (r14360) - Disabled the MAP switch on the PXIII F-16 since it is not used. GPS switch now moves instead of the GPS and MAP switch. Hotspot updated. (r14360) - Fixed Sufa Altimeter (6 digit). Was only showing 1/2 the digits. (r14360) - Fixed ALS for Kimhae RWY 36R that had one element in the middle of the Taxiway A. (r14365) - Updated shaders. (r14370) - All Hotas Basic key files are now available in the UI Controllers Setup "Load Keyboard". (r14375) - Fixed F-16 EAF incorrect AGM65G loadout. (r14377) - Various Texture updates.
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Update 4.601

Dear Friends,

Our team is proud to tell you that the work on update 4.601 is finished and it is up already. This update brings you three new toys at once. The first one of them is Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIV Collectors Plane (included in Battle of Normandy Early Access). This late model of the legendary fighter has great fighting capabilities while retaining its captivating charisma. It has several historical modifications that make the Spitfire family in our project even more variable.

The second one is a new Collector Vehicle - Soviet self-propelled AAA - 25-mm 72-K gun installed on GAZ-MM chassis. Recreated with attention to detail, this vehicle is a new object class in our project. The experience you'll get operating it is unique - the life of the low-caliber AAA crews in World War II wasn't an easy one. It comes with a special mission type in QMB mode and new single missions.

The third one is the first airplane of the Flying Circus Vol. 2 - French-made single-seat fighter Nieuport 28.C1 that was exclusively used in US squadrons. This speedy plane with good weaponry for its time was used by the most famous US fighter ace of the Great War - Eddie Rickenbacker. This aircraft had a unique way of regulating the rotative engine power by ignition breaker. All in all, an interesting machine - and it officially starts Flying Circus Vol. 2 Early Access program.

Also in this update are two very important new technologies, one of which is tactical numbers that can be customized before the mission. At the moment, it fully works on all Tank Crew tanks thanks to our partners at Digital Forms. P-51D-15 also got this capability for USAAF and RAF (it depends on the aircraft country specified in a mission) and it works on Nieuport 28.C1 too. Later this year we plan to enable it for all other aircraft (it takes a lot of work).

The second new technology is Dynamic Visual Damage (DVD) that visualizes the hit marks from various projectiles on aircraft and tanks. Please note that is a visual tech that is intended to make the battle damage more vivid. In the absolute majority of cases, the DVD hit marks will properly show the impacts, but there are limitations caused by multiplayer and performance that in some cases can make them inaccurate - the good level of performance is always our priority. Nevertheless, this new feature should greatly increase the damage diversity. Just like tactical numbers, this new tech already works on all Tank Crew tanks and P-51D-15 and Nieuport 28.C1 planes. Again, we plan to enable it for all other 60+ aircraft this year.

Also in this version is a huge update of the graphical effects. This isn't an easy task to do since we not only have to make them look awesome but retain the level of performance. This time we have all-new explosion effects for all HE munitions in the sim with increased variety - now there are clearly visible differences between, say, 50 and 100, 250 and 500, 1000 and 2500 kg bombs. The water explosions became much better and the explosions better light the surroundings.

Martin =ICDP= Catney updated a lot of the external textures he made for us and this time two of the previously released aircraft were updated to 4K - Macchi MC 202 Folgore Collector Plane and Ju 88 A-4 bomber (Battle of Moscow). Please note that soon all the aircraft in our project will have 4K quality external textures. Oyster_KAI continued his work on improving the tremendous amount of aircraft cockpits, namely all Spitfires, Bf 109s, Bf 110s, Ju 87, Ju 88 and U-2VS. All the text above is just the highlights of the new update, you can read the changelist below:

Main features
      1. Spitfire Mk.XIV Collector Plane is available to all owners of Battle of Normandy Premium Edition;
      2. Nieuport 28.C1 is available to all owners of Flying Circus Vol. 2 and the Early Access program for Vol. 2 officially starts;
      3. 25 mm 72-К AA gun on GAZ-MM truck is available to customers who prepurchased it;
      4. New special mission type for QMB mode and 5 single missions added for AAA guns;
      5. Dynamic Visual Damage (DVD) technology is added to the sim, that shows (with some limitations) the hit marks of projectiles on various objects. At the moment it works for all detailed tanks of Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka, 72-K GAZ-MM AAA, P-51D-15 fighter, and Nieuport 28.C1 airplane;
      6. Dynamic tactical markings technology is added to the sim, allowing to customize the tactical numbers on aircraft and vehicles. At the moment it works for all detailed tanks of Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka, 72-K GAZ-MM AAA, P-51D-15 fighter, and Nieuport 28.C1 airplane; 
      7. More detailed railyards added to 19 cities on the Rhineland map (Bodenplatte): Antwerp, Liege, Mainz, Frankfurt, Bonn, Cologne, Duisburg, Brussels, Charleroi, Düsseldorf, Munster, Koblenz, Eindhoven, Tilburg, Nijmegen, Essen, Enschede, Hengelo, Osnabrück;
      8. Completely new graphical effects are added for all munitions in the game for ground, water and object impacts and for midair explosions;
      9. All F, G and K series Bf 109 fighters got the corrected tail models. Now the sturdiness of their elements are on par with the rest of the fighters and these elements can be shot off individually;
      10. 4K quality external texturing added for MC.202 fighter and Ju 88 bomber while all Spitfires, Bf 109s, Bf 110s, Ju 87, Ju 88 and U-2VS cockpits were updated;

Aircraft improvements
      11. Spitfire Mk.XIV added to Rhineland Career mode (Bodenplatte) to the following squadrons the player can join: No. 41 Squadron RAF, No. 130 Squadron RAF, No. 350 (Belgian) Squadron RAF, No. 402 Squadron RCAF and No. 610 Squadron RAF.
      12. The player flight takes off correctly in the 15th mission of the “Achtung Spitfire!” campaign;
      13. An issue that could cause a AI fighter to approach to an air target too close and potentially to collide with it has been corrected;
      14. AI fighter correctly attack balloons;
      15. AI pilots aiming the MGs and guns at ground targets has been corrected;
      16. Less experienced AI pilots engage the ground targets at closer distances;
      17. Flying Circus aircraft visibility at large distances has been corrected to correspond to other aircraft in the game (it was 3 times lower);
      18. Fuel tank and ammo explosion effects can be observed on other players in multiplayer;
      19. An issue with potential fuel tank catastrophic detonation in case of engine(s) fire has been corrected;
      20. The power of a fuel tank explosion now depends on the actual amount of ignited fuel or fuel vapors in a partially spent fuel tank;
      21. Modeling of the putting out the fuel tank fire by sideslipping the aircraft at high speed has been improved;
      22. Multiple ammo storage explosions are now possible (previously it could happen only once);
      23. Maximum ATA near the ground level with C3 injection system on Fw-190 A5/A6 has been corrected (increased);
      24. Roll shaking at high speed corrected for AI or mouse controlled Sopwith Dolphin;
      25. A visual bar on the rotating Fw 190 A-6 spinner removed;
      26. Rear formation light corrected on Fw 190 A-6;
      27. Fw 190 A-8 small clock hand restored;
      28. Added missing luminous paint on some Tempest, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf 110 G-2 and Ju 52 instruments;
      29. P-38 formation lights corrected;
      30. Spitfire IX mirror position corrected;
      31. Oil from the damaged engine on canopy effect corrected on P-51D-15;
      32. A small visual issue corrected on MC.202 (attitude indicator tube); 

Player controlled tanks improvements
      33. All detailed tanks now have tactical numbers in Last Chance and Breaking Point tank campaigns;
      34. Radio antennas on all Tank Crew detailed tanks can be damaged by enemy fire (in addition to damageable radio equipment that was modeled before);
      35. Detailed tanks won't 'freeze in the air' after colliding with another object that was later moved;
      36. AI gunners will properly burst fire the coaxial MGs of the detailed tanks;
      37. An issue with the inability to hit the gun barrel on some tanks has been fixed;
      38. Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M lower turret armor has been corrected;
      39. The missing part of the Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M ammo reserve can be damaged by enemy fire;
      40. T-34-76 UTZ (1943) coaxial MG can be damaged by enemy fire;
      41. Additional external parts of Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.H1 like various covers and splashers can be shot off;
      42. KV-1 and SU-152 splashers and rear deflector can be shot off;

Additional improvements
      43. A graphics issue that caused z-fighting of the shadows on certain buildings in MSAA x4 mode has been corrected;
      44. External objects like trees, buildings and aircraft drop visible shadows on the player aircraft or vehicle and its cockpit in non-VR mode;
      45. Gamma can be lowered down to 0.5 for more comfort in VR mode;
      46. A visible city blocks shadow 'border' at large distances has been minimized;
      47. A visible city blocks fog 'border' at large distances has been minimized;
      48. An issue with certain European buildings glowing in the night has been fixed;
      49. A GUI issue that could cause the regiment symbols to disappear from the Career creation screen has been fixed;
      50. A GUI issue that could cause the mission start coordinates to reset to 0 on the Career HQ screen;

51. Water explosions of large bombs have dedicated graphical effects;
      52. 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000(1800) and 2500 kg bombs now have more diverse graphical explosion effects;
      53. Soviet Tank Crew tanks headlamp lens, visor, and mirror textures have been improved;
      54. The issues with pilots and tankers animations have been fixed in multiplayer;
      55. The bomber group leader will correctly proceed to the next waypoint after dropping the bombs.
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear friends,

Today our team presents you the first IL-2 Great Battles update in 2021, 4.506. The main feature of this update is the Fw 190 A-6 fighter/bomber developed for the Battle of Normandy. The Normandy map is in development, but you can already fly the new aircraft in Rheineland Career mode, provided you have both Battle of Normandy and Bodenplatte. You can also encounter the new A-6 as an enemy in the recent Wind of Fury campaign and anyone can set it up as an AI in quick missions.  

In addition to the new arrival, there is a significant number of other changes and improvements. The updated graphical effects are included (the ones that are ready), Chiawei =Oyster_KAI= Liang continued his work on the 4K texturing of many planes cockpits and Martin =ICDP= Catney created 4K external textures for Bf 109 E-7 and corrected a number of other aircraft. There are two AI corrections, but they are significant. Among other fixes are ones for aircraft systems, player controllable tanks, including an important one for the gun aiming, and many improvements for historical campaigns.

We continue our work as always and this Spring you'll see new planes and improvements for the game world.

Main features
      1. German fighter/bomber Fw 190 A-6 is now available to all Battle of Normandy owners;
      2. Fw 190 A-6 added to Rheinland Career mode (to the 1st and 2nd chapters to joinable squadrons III./JG 11, I./JG 26 and II./JG 26 and to all chapters to AI squadrons III./KG 51 and NSGr. 20);
      3. Bf 109 E-7 got 4K quality external textures;
      4. There are new truck variations (which look exactly like the regular ones) that are loaded with ammo and explode when attacked in a spectacular way;

Aircraft improvements
      5. AI pilots of fast fighters engage slow-flying targets much better;
      6. AI pilots that are alone or from different groups carry out a landing approach much better - now all the AI pilots form the landing queue, not only the ones that belong to the same group;
      7. MC.202 propeller rotation and twist were corrected;
      8. Yak-9 and Yak-9T elevator is affected at high speeds similar to other Yak fighters;
      9. On all aircraft with set mixture control positions the current position is shown in the technochat instead of the mixture percentage;
      10. UBT MG gunsight scale on IL-2 mod. 1943 has been recentered;
      11. A damaged Fokker D.VII won't visibly disappear at long distances;
      12. Gunsight adjustment (target size and range) using buttons happens faster and their default values are set for a close dogfight against a typical enemy fighter;
      13. German gyro gunsight Ez.42 damping corrected, higher frequency oscillations of the aircraft affect the calculated lead less;
      14. AI pilots fire all 12 Hurricane MGs when installed instead of only 8;
      15. Water vapor effect added to the damaged or overheated Hurricane radiator;
      16. Oil and water drops won't visibly appear on the inside surface of the cockpit canopy on many aircraft;
      17. A number of typos that appeared on Soviet planes after increasing the cockpits to 4K quality were corrected;
      18. Bf 109 E-7 cockpit: a typo corrected, detail of certain controls improved, dimmer looks more historically accurate;
      19. Bf 109 F-2 and F-4 wheels corrected;
      20. BG-25 detail increased (Bf 109 G6/G6 Late/G14/K4);
      21. Rocket control panel detail improved on Bf 109 G6 Late and G14;
      22. Fw 190 A-3/A-5/A-8 ammo counters panel detail improved;
      23. Hs 129 B2 cockpit: weathering and scratches on leather objects, weathering of the gunsight parts outside the cockpit, more detailed dimmer switch, revised coloring and updated lettering of gauges and parts to make them more historically correct, alpha layer adjustments;
      24. MiG-3: enhanced textures of braided cables, redrawn placards, alpha layer adjustments;
      25. P-39L: control stick weathering, more detailed radio equipment (MN-52H, BC-345, BC-451) and recognition light switch box, more accurate white aluminum panels and detailed text, enhanced throttle quadrant and fuel prime pump handle, improved gauges and parts lettering, alpha layer adjustments;
      26. P-40E: more detailed radio equipment (BC-366, BC-451A, BC-450A), throttle quadrant and fuel prime pump handle, historically correct texture for exposed wiring (black wires and white braided cables), alpha layer adjustments;
      27. P-47D22/D28: more detailed BC-765 switch box and fuel prime pump handle, upgraded textures of the white screws on the trim indicators box and flap control handle slide rail, alpha layer adjustments;
      28. Fw 190 A-3 and A-5 default pilot positions and some skins of these aircraft were corrected;
      29. Radio and lighting switches are now animated in Fw 190 A-3 and A-5 cockpits;

Player controllable tank improvements
      30. An option added that amplifies the gun aiming response to the mouse movement. If you play without a visual mouse aim indicator or aim the gun using buttons, it is recommended to leave it at the default setting (0);
      31. Player controllable tanks now correctly collide in multiplayer;
      32. A wrong technochat message about turning on and off the powered turret traverse won't appear while moving across rough terrain at high speed;
      33. SU-122 and SU-152 crews throw out all the accumulated spent ammo casings when the hatches are opened;
      34. The initial position of the shot off Ferdinand gun mantlet corresponds to the mantlet type installed;
      35. 72-K 25mm round ballistics were corrected;
      36. HE rounds of 72-K, 61-K, Flak 36, Flak 38, Flakvierling 38, Sh-37, NS-37, BK-3.7, M4 and Vickers Class S now have self-destruct fuzes (HE rounds without such fuzes were not used on these guns);
      37. Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M suspension animation corrected;

Visual effects improvements
      38. New bomb ground and water impact (impact, not explosion) effects;
      39. 50-100 kg bombs explosion effects have a new style (it is planned to update all the explosions in a similar way);
      40. Additional explosion effects added for rounds containing more than 450 g and less than 1500 g explosives;
      41. Improved gunfire effects for the detailed ground vehicles;
      42. APHE explosion effects corrected accordingly to the number of explosives they contain;
      43. Ground vehicles leave better-looking tracks;

Other improvements
      44. The hook on port cranes is raised higher so it won't prevent larger ships to dock underneath;
      45. The visual model of a destroyed 52-K AAA gun was corrected (it contained elements of an intact gun);
      46. Blazing Steppe, Fortress on the Volga, Ice Ring historical campaigns: all fire effects updated, ammo trucks added, many other improvements and fixes;
      47. During the Wind of Fury historical campaign you can encounter С-47 and Fw 190 A-6 while Bf 109 G-6 fighters were replaced by Bf 109 G-6 Late;
      48. Fortress on the Volga historical campaign: fuel and ambulance trucks added to the transport columns, the overall number and size of the columns increased.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..