2 months ago i bought a new ASUS ROG Strix GTX1070 O8G Gaming graphics card and everthing worked fine antil 3weeks ago , on that evening i started my game Tank Crew  by pressing the start button i got a very loud fan noice from my computer , i instantly stoped the game and checked my graphics card temp , showing 47° , and the fan rpm , showing 0 althoug the 3 cooling fan´s from that  graphics card was running at max rpm

so i removed the graphics card from my computer and by doing so i notice that a fan blade was falling in my hand , i thought no problem , i have warranty an after a short call to the vendor , who agreed that this is a warranty case , did i send the card back to the vendor

2 weeks later i got the graphics card back , still defekt and the vendor is rejecting the warranty by claiming it was my own fault by overclocking the graphics card and overclocking the fan´s , but i didn't do either of this !!! i always used the card without overclocking it , i called the vendor and told him that this would be not acceptable and that the graphics card was always used within the manufacturer standards  , the vendor is still rejecting any warranty claims and is not willing to give me the rejection in writing

now my only help would be ASUS , so i thought , but after a short call all my hopes a shattered , ASUS say´s that this is a warranty claim and in this case the vendor has to send the graphics card to ASUS for repair or he is giving a written statement why he is declining this otherwise they are not able to help me

after all this back and forth i dicidet to take maters in my own hand i checked for a replacment fan in the net and found one by Amazone for about 20 euros , i bought it and started to repair my graphics card by my self and after 10 minutes work i installed the graphics card back in to my computer , sinc now 2 days the card is running without any problem , i made a furmark test and played all my games to check if there is any problem but sofar everthing is fine

so THANK YOU , Webinstore AG and ASUS , for not helping me , as for ASUS this is the last item i ever bought from you

P1060690.thumb.jpg.0ccf07ac5094c9b9b50ca7216de2f03d.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

That sounds awful. Sorry to hear that.

Alternate is a webshop I can recommend for your next shopping. Never had any problem with returning an item. I once bought a SSD, that died after 2 days and I got another one without any porblems. That one died too after 3 days due to some sort of incompatibility and even for that one I got a replacement (which I used in another PC and it worked well then).

• Sad 1

Sometimes it better to take matters into your own hands. Glad you got it sorted.

• Like 2

overclocking would not affect the fan   the vendor is full of shit....the item didnt do what its designed for,failed so is responsibility of manufacturer...ASUS,as you say were correct...the vendor needs his windows smashed...lol...visit the shop with a house brick at midnight m8

wont get another fan but you will feel better lolz... :lol:

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

P1060690.thumb.jpg.0ccf07ac5094c9b9b50ca7216de2f03d.jpg

Ups, da hilft auch kein Panzerband!

Oops, even duct tape wont help, i think, doesnt it?

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 1

What Rousso said !! these cards are designed to be overclocked ( if you really feel the need to do stupid shit like that on a new card ) So even if you had overclocked it, it shouldn't have crapped out on you period. In fairness to Asus, I can sort of see their standpoint, if something is sold via a third party, as yours was, they cant really do a great deal, unless the re sale agent passes it back to them. As for the tits that sold you the damn thing in the first place, make a complaint to the Ombudsman, not sure who that would be in your country, but most countries have a trading standards commission, and if you pass the issue to them, you may get recompense, or at least you should get itI know trading standards in the UK are pretty hot on this sort of thing, and the fact they wont give you a reason in writing is suspect and piss poor practice, if they know they are in the right, then they should be confident enough to give you a written explanation, but apparently they are a bit underhanded methinks i wouldn't let this go, on principle if nothing else !!! 

Unethical businesses are everywhere but this shop takes first prize. What scum bags. They probably sold you an ASUS reject card that has no warranty, as OEM stock, and they didn't want to eat the cost of the card since that would have been their own recourse with ASUS. Instead they lied and worse accused you of lying. Most folks don't react too well when you insult that person's integrity. It's a wonder someone has driven a pallet of bricks through their store front window already. It would be fun to buy a billboard near the business to share your story on. I'm a firm believer in calling a corrupt company thieves to warn others the same thing could and probably will happen to them.

Sad story, but glad you got it fixed. Honestly, I wasn't even away the fan is/was a 'user servicable' part. It just never occured to me!

In the UK it often makes sense to pay for stuff by credit card as the credit card company will normally fight on behalf of the purchaser in this type of clear-cut case. In fact, after listening to the purchaser's complaint (if valid/plausible) they will often refund and then do battle with the retailer behind the scenes.

Yeah...

ASUS once fucked me over when I had a defective motherboard...
The vendor (luckily for me) helped me get a replacement under guarantee which works fine till this day. But I also decided never to buy ASUS again...
I have since replaced my old GTX680's with a single 1070 which is MSI and I already like them better.

Good luck, I hope your own solution works like a charm!

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear that, but happy that you took the matter in your hand and fixed it.  I only get Nvidia GeForce card.

• Like 2

Tip: (For 80% of plastics) Super Glue + baking soda, all the blades could be dropped but the one you repaired. His claim had a basis that cannot be refuted ... if the blade was damaged by an overclocking product, where is the blow that generated its detachment? you can't drop a blade like a flower petal ... at the revolutions of a fan the blade would have broken a various pieces. As I see the photo it seems a bad manipulation in the fan assembly, as a lever effect on the blade.

Edited by PeacePuma

My 2 cents...I dropped ASUS long time ago because they used cheap brittle plastics on my motherboard. The memory stick locks just snapped off. The board worked fine, but when I upgraded, I didn't buy another ASUS board. I won't say who I am happy with, so this comment won't sound bias...so take this for what's its worth - one person's experience. 

=V=

Edited by viper63a
  • Like 1