Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Spanish Civil War - Heinkel He.51

Today, thanks to a lot of help from Ojcar, I uploaded the Heinkel He.51 for the Spanish Civil War. The Heinkel was a one man, biplane fighter introduced in 1935 and used by the Nationalists throughout the war. There are a lot of pieces to install, but in the end you'll have a new 7.9 mm machine gun, a new German 10 lb bomb and a drop tank. The download includes a camo skin, decals, a fully functional cockpit, and my skinning templates. 

Ojcar found the 7.9mm machine gun in his SF install, but doesn't know who made it. I decided to use it anyway. If anyone knows who made the machine gun for SF, please let me know and I will give credit.

Ojcar also taught me how to add controls to First Eagles so you can make the drop tank drop with a keystroke. He also included other features, like flaps, landing gear, wheel brakes, etc. so we can use some of the Strike Fighter planes in FE. I have included instructions in the download.

He51_02.jpg

He51_03.jpg

He51_05.jpg

He51_06.jpg

He51_07.jpg

He51_08.jpg

He51_09.jpg

He51_10.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

opens up some possibilities, getting an early B 109 in would be nice along with the Chaika and Ratas as well of course.....and maybe even a Ju87A.........so many possibilities !! now if only we could use JPG's instead of BMP's !!! 

• Like 1

As always, good job Stephen1918!  Flies nice right out of the box and everything works well!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, trotski00 said:

opens up some possibilities, getting an early B 109 in would be nice along with the Chaika and Ratas as well of course.....and maybe even a Ju87A.........so many possibilities !! now if only we could use JPG's instead of BMP's !!! 

I'm pretty sure montyCZ released early 109s and a Ju-87A a long time ago. great quality mods too. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, whiteknight06604 said:

I'm pretty sure montyCZ released early 109s and a Ju-87A a long time ago. great quality mods too. 

Yes! Coupi posted screenshots of the Bf 109 flying in FE2 in another thread. And I have pointed out that in the SF1 downloads area -

• Russouk2004 has a Messerschmitt Bf.109
  • Pasko has a Junkers Ju87 Stuka
  • Russouk2004 has a DH82 Tigermoth
  • Raven has a Fiesler Fi156 Storch

With the new controls that Ojcar told us about, all those planes should work well in the FE Spanish Civil War.

Thanks so.much Stephen1918!!! Superb work as ever!! The cockpit is awesome. Don't forget to finish the NiD-52. Greetings from a huge fan!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whiteknight06604 said:

Yessir, its just a matter of converting the fm's etc to make sure they work ok in FE .........and that is beyond my ability, its black majiks an voodoo stuff is that, I believe there is an HS-123 floating around out there too. plus some Breugets and a few others . There is also an early HE111 and DO-17 as well, not sure if those are of Craparses site though.

Edited by trotski00
  • Like 1

Oh yeah and Geezers Gladiator and CR-42

• Like 1

I only mentioned them because Geezers original models were designed for FE rather than SF 

Geezer's Cr.32 Chirri is exceptional but WIP with some small detail and cockpit to be done. Very promissing.

Indeed, the Chirri is a much needed model, and I'm not sure if Geezer is still working on it, he's been AWOL for a while now, hope he's ok.

2 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Indeed, the Chirri is a much needed model, and I'm not sure if Geezer is still working on it, he's been AWOL for a while now, hope he's ok.

I hope he's ok too but I think he's pulled another of his disappearing acts. he seems to do it after he has an argument with someone in the community. last time it was over a year before he came back.

Thats a real shame because he does some outstanding work :sad:

• Like 1

The Chirri only needs a telescopic sight and FM. Stephen1918 could make a cockpit, I hope.

Thank you Steve, this is a very cool mod.

Interestingly, version 1.0.0 is indicated. This allows us to hope that after a while a new version will appear with a large number of simple but attractive details (air flow divider in front of the radiator, step on board near the cockpit and steps on the landing gear struts)?  ;)

56 minutes ago, Wilches said:

The Chirri only needs a telescopic sight

Any rather bad sight wouldn't be a bad thing for the Heinkel too :biggrin: